MM1988

Is this what its like to die?

4 posts in this topic

The last couple of weeks ive been having some very vivid dreams and I wake up at least once per night. Todays dream really got me thinking.

It was me and some other guys in some kind of mall armed with machine guns, running around to fight terrorists or whatever who are coming for us. In the dream it was basically clear from the start that we wont come out alive out of this. I was absolutely terrified. When my machine gun gave up and I lost the others I locked myself into a toilet room and tried to kill myself, because I thought that would be better than being tortured by terrorists. I tried stuffing toilet paper in my mouth to suffocate myself or just lying down and stopping to breath but I just couldnt do it (why didnt I save a bullet, dreams lol). I felt this existential dread and it was so vivid I thought if I killed myself I was going to die for real. 

Of course at some point I woke up and everything came rushing back to me again, how stupid I was that I was afraid to die in that reality. I wonder if you have a  simmilar "waking up" experience if you die in this reality as well. 

Once I was killed with a gun in my dream and cause I just couldn't let go of not being there anymore I was still able to see from above everyone leaving me there and it was absolutely terrifying to to cease to exist for ever and then cause there was nothing else for me to do after I died I just woke up .

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

@MM1988 Do self inquiry. FInd the root of the belief you’re alive. 

But yeah the better question is why we think we're alive in the first place 

(I wonder if you have a  simmilar "waking up" experience if you die in this reality as well.)

Seeing it this way is the best way to live ;)

B R E A T H E