littleBIG

Why should I "detach from outcome"?

13 posts in this topic

I love skateboarding. But sometimes I get extremely frustrated. I also get jealous of people who are good at it, because it makes me feel worse about my skating. I know I should just skate because I love skating, and that's why I skate. But I also care about progressing. How am I supposed to not care about progress? 

@littleBIG You do care about progress, it's just that detaching from frustrations to progress means you're more present, open, able to observe, learn, discern, adapt and keep practicing with focus. You can pay attention to what is happening now and respond to it so as to improve in the moment rather than being distracted by a thought of the future

Your problem is like mine you want to progress too soon too quickly and you lose focus you should be taking mastery approach that is when you struggle you love it because you can work on it even more tiny details until you perfect it because you want to ne good at it...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

9 hours ago, littleBIG said:

I love skateboarding. But sometimes I get extremely frustrated. I also get jealous of people who are good at it, because it makes me feel worse about my skating. I know I should just skate because I love skating, and that's why I skate. But I also care about progressing. How am I supposed to not care about progress? 

Because of this

You shouldnt detach from outome, feedback is necessary for improvement. The thing you have to avoid is comparison with others. Compare yourself with the You when started skateboarding.

Edited by Moreira

On 4/11/2018 at 11:20 PM, littleBIG said:

Feel great about your progress. That’s all. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Detachment from outcome is a state of being and a level that you get to as you start to develop yourself. These personal development ideas are not something that you need to copy. It's not "Oh I read in a book that I need to detach from outcome, so I will TRY to detach from outcome." No its, "I will continue to grow myself, and I will reach a state of detachment from outcome as a byproduct."

Edited by 7thLetter

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

On 2018-04-12 at 5:20 AM, littleBIG said:

The problem is not progress.

The problem is "envy".

To envy someone versus being inspired by someone seems to be the polaropposites.

It would make your progress faster and more successful if you drew inspiration by someone.

...or!?....wait......considering that there is people who draws energy from negativity to propell them forward in life......envy could be the best "fuel" for you?

Hmmm....maybe we should consider how you usally go about to succeed in life and manage obsticles?

Sith or Jedi? You could be hmmm :)

@littleBIG because its a universal principle  ,  if you align yourelf to it  you will navigate better in the world  ! 

Peace ✌?

Thanks everyone, all the advice was helpful. I'm happy to say that I have drastically changed, I no longer get frustrated. When I'm stuck, I'm actually excited to find out exactly why I'm stuck and solve the problem. If I keep looking for things to improve, eventually I will become so good that there's nothing to improve. Now I'm enjoying the path of mastery even when I'm stuck. 

@mostly harmless I'm not sure. I'm still discovering my life purpose but I know I want to master skateboarding in my life so I'm doing that for now.