moon777light

Favorite Fiction books on enlightenment/consciousness/spirituality?

19 posts in this topic

Would love to have a list here as i am starting to read more stories. Currently on my 2 buy list are the alchemist (i never read it!!), Life of Pi, Eat pray love, & women who run with the wolves. 

Suggestions pls :) 

Books :

- Parfume

Movies :

- The Red Turtle
- The Tree of Life
- The Dance of Reality

Edit : +Jonathan living stone the seagull - but I wouldn't recommend it

Edited by Soulbass

Its far from done yet, but im currently writing a childrens book about two friends exploring absolute infinity. Though it wont be called that of course. Im also writing music for each chapter. Cant wait to share it someday. :) 

And The Alchemist needs another mention. Its that good. Really takes you on a journey.

Have you read Journey to Ixtlan? It's a classic enigmatic mysterious guru/shaman figure and student tale. It's actually supposed to be true and isn't written as fiction, but it's so wild that it basically reads like fiction and is just as fun. 

@DoubleYou i cannot wait for that and i'm keeping an eye out ;) 

@Arman woahhh i just read up on it on amazon and the author has so many books, its goin on the list for sure. Is it a series or are the books individual stories?

@moon777light The Power Of Now - Eckhart Tolle

A Guide To The Present Moment - Noah Elkrief (My favorite)

4 hours ago, moon777light said:

@ether thanks :) but those are non-fiction 

Favorite books on enlightenment/consciousness/spirituality?

This is all I read

* Carlos Castaneda. He wrote "The teachings of Don Juan" as his dissertation for his anthropology study. He claims it is all true, but there are theories that he was a con-man who mostly got his ideas from other books that were in libraries at that time. The book "Journey to Ixtlan" (mentioned above) is one of his later books in the series he wrote. He had a whole cult-following. Including 4 women that lived with him in a big house he bought with the money he made from The teachings of Don Juan.

"The teachings of Don Juan" is mostly excerpts from his other books, and is difficult to follow (in my opinion) without reading his other books. I loved the first few of his books. The later books seem to get less interesting.

- The teachings of Don Juan
- A separate reality
- Journey to Ixtlan
- Tales of power
- The second ring of power
- The eagle's gift
- The fire from within
- The power of silence
- The art of dreaming
- The active side of Infinity

* Also interesting to read are some books of the women he lived with:
 - Florinda Donner: "Being in dreaming"
 - Florinda Donner: "The witches dream"
 - Taisha Abelar: "The sorcerer's crossing"

* Also good to watch the documentaries that talk about the cult phenomenon:

* In the 90's, he and his "witches" started the Tensegrity company. When you search for Tensegrity videos on YouTube, you'll notice that the instructor women seem kind of drugged or emotionless. After his death, many people were disillusioned. The women went out in the dessert to commit suicide. Only Taisha Abelar was later found. The others are still missing.

http://sustainedaction.org

http://www.4missingwomen.com

Jed Mckenna. All fiction

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

"The doors op perception" by Aldous Huxley is also a nice little book to read. It's not fiction however, but it reads like a story. Not too many pages, so it can be read in 1 evening (and I'm a slow reader). It's the story of his first experience with mescalin. First time I read it, I found it difficult to appreciate because he references a lot of painters and artists that I wasn't familiar with. A while later, I tried magic truffles for the first time. Then I remembered I had read this book not long before, and I thought it would be a good idea to read it again now that I had experience with psychedelics. I enjoyed it even more than the first time then, and I also googled the people and paintings he referenced. What really struck a cord with me, was when he wrote "This is how life should be all the time", because that's exactly what I was thinking during my first psychedelic experiences.

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. 100% would recommend for a fiction 

@Vipassana ive read nearly all of dan browns book they are sososo good 

I would like to add Annihilation to the list as well, very good sci-fi book about consciousness.

Another one thats not really about consciousness/enlightenment but touches upon the subject of alternate realities and something existing beyond our eye is Dean Koontz's Seize the Night series. IT REALLY suspensful and one of few books that made me stay awake throughout the night to read it, scary/mysterious/ sci-fi. 

Probably said this before on other similar topics but i can't say it enough.. Celestine Prophecy A+

Also Highly recommend Tao Te Ching

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@moon777light The best fiction book about enlightenment is hands down "Siddhartha" by Herman Hesse. 

Or that's the only one I've read, lol, but it was truly amazing.

"That which the world calls day is the night of ignorance to the wise." - Bhagavad Gita

Becoming Conscious