TheSomeBody

how the fuck should i change my diet?

20 posts in this topic

hi,i want to eat healthy to boost my cognetive/spiritual practice preformences . 

when i read about diet it is like an infinate amount of knowledge and i dont know what to choose to eat/to prioritize ,how much of something  i should eat .

i saw leo's videos and lots of channels and types of diets. what should i do? where do i start?

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

Try them all and see which works best for you. I think the more natural your diet is the better. 

17 minutes ago, Slade said:

Try them all and see which works best for you. I think the more natural your diet is the better. 

if i want to make yogic diet, how many of fruits should i eat? what kind of fruits are the best? what about nuts? what about nuts and fruits that the ancient yogic didnt know about? are they good? bad? 

:(

I’m the wrong guy to be asking about that. I only eat raw meat, raw milk, and raw honey. ? I’ve heard fruits and nuts aren’t that great for you. I’m not sure though I’m no nutritionist. Haha There’s so much contradictory information in the field of nutrition. I feel like it’s obviously good to cut out all processed food and/or supplements because they’re unnatural. Our bodies aren’t meant to eat 90% of the crap in stores nowadays. We didn’t evolve eating Oreos or canned fruits and veggies. If you were a caveman living in the wild, what would you eat to stay healthy? That’s how we evolved and I feel that’s where our source of highest nutrition comes from. But again, I’m no nutritionist and even if I was you still couldn’t really trust me. The optimal diet seems to be a mystery. 

10 minutes ago, Slade said:

I’m the wrong guy to be asking about that. I only eat raw meat, raw milk, and raw honey. ? I’ve heard fruits and nuts aren’t that great for you. I’m not sure though I’m no nutritionist. Haha There’s so much contradictory information in the field of nutrition. I feel like it’s obviously good to cut out all processed food and/or supplements because they’re unnatural. Our bodies aren’t meant to eat 90% of the crap in stores nowadays. We didn’t evolve eating Oreos or canned fruits and veggies. If you were a caveman living in the wild, what would you eat to stay healthy? That’s how we evolved and I feel that’s where our source of highest nutrition comes from. But again, I’m no nutritionist and even if I was you still couldn’t really trust me. The optimal diet seems to be a mystery. 

wow , this is like heaven diet .

but after mystical experiences i had , my whole prespective of life changed and now i see the importence of spirituality and i want to maximaz it.so better off deliciuse food , mystical experience much better.

a caveman probably eat whatever he finds i guess... lots of vageis,fruit,nuts and sometimes meat.maybe insects? 

@TheSomeBody There is a book that just came out called "food, what the heck should I eat" by mark hyman. I haven't read it yet, but mark hyman is a good author and you seem like the target audience

The kingdom of heaven is within.

@TheSomeBody  I have been struggling with a similar problem for some time. For me it turned into a very neurotic pursuit of THE IDEAL diet. Do not fall into that trap!

The thing that helped me the most is mindful eating. That is really what you want to be going for. If you don't get into that, all your eating habits will be just ideas taken over from a very wise book. Mindful eating suggest listening to your body as you eat and hearing the signals. Of course, there is a lot of value to knowing the facts of healthy food too, but according to me, mindful eating is an essential start. With this you can eat junk, and very soon you will find out in your own experience, that it in fact is no real food.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

57 minutes ago, Colin said:

@TheSomeBody There is a book that just came out called "food, what the heck should I eat" by mark hyman. I haven't read it yet, but mark hyman is a good author and you seem like the target audience

uumm i will try 

44 minutes ago, okulele said:

@TheSomeBody  I have been struggling with a similar problem for some time. For me it turned into a very neurotic pursuit of THE IDEAL diet. Do not fall into that trap!

The thing that helped me the most is mindful eating. That is really what you want to be going for. If you don't get into that, all your eating habits will be just ideas taken over from a very wise book. Mindful eating suggest listening to your body as you eat and hearing the signals. Of course, there is a lot of value to knowing the facts of healthy food too, but according to me, mindful eating is an essential start. With this you can eat junk, and very soon you will find out in your own experience, that it in fact is no real food.

i remember the days after i took a magic mushroom , i was really alert and i could feel what food is good for me and what is not. i ate chicken meat and it felt like i ate a crap, and fruits and veggies felt so good to me , i wanted to be a vegan but it was too early for me to do that because i wasnt sure if it is just a confusion or a real thought. i dont know if it is a good way to choose your diet because if i read that gluten is bad then everytime i eat bread it feels bad after and i dont know if it is a placebo effect or a real effect that i have just noticed now.

its not that deep. We ultimately are trying to gain mastery over the body by eating healthy. Leo diet video does a pretty good job of cutting out all the supermarket bullshit but its the chemicals you have to be looking after. Eat wholesome foods, whatever you like, there is no right diet, eat and drink shit that heals you, make eating a ritual and not a mechanical activity. Your body is intuitive and once you make that leap to that committing to feeling good, you will feel good and trust me i dont eat too healthy but when i fast and consume healing food i feel amazing.

21 hours ago, Vipassana said:

its not that deep. We ultimately are trying to gain mastery over the body by eating healthy. Leo diet video does a pretty good job of cutting out all the supermarket bullshit but its the chemicals you have to be looking after. Eat wholesome foods, whatever you like, there is no right diet, eat and drink shit that heals you, make eating a ritual and not a mechanical activity. Your body is intuitive and once you make that leap to that committing to feeling good, you will feel good and trust me i dont eat too healthy but when i fast and consume healing food i feel amazing.

so only organic?

i read about organic food and it is sounds like a myth

On 4/13/2018 at 2:46 AM, TheSomeBody said:

so only organic?

i read about organic food and it is sounds like a myth

Organic food is food grown without the use of (chemicals/GMOs) or >pesticides/herbicides. Basically organic food is food that our grandparents ate and all food for that matter back then. Nowadays, Organic food is big because most foods today are fake and processed and only a small percentage is actually healthy for us thus why we need to buy organic as much as we can to function at optimal levels and feel good, be healthy and thrive.

There's a reason why many people today are sick and have cancer and this is mainly because they are eating (food-like products) not actual real food anymore. 90% chemicals 10% on average are real food (most food products that come in bags and boxes at the local supermarket.

Most people have become used to this way of life that they aren't aware that they are feeling like shit all the time, only when they stop and eat whole foods and foods how nature gave them to us without the manipulation of man and chemicals is when they start to see a noticeable difference in health and well-being.

guide_2017.jpg

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2018/04/11/see-which-produce-has-the-most-pesticides-in-ewgs-2018-dirty-dozen-list/

If you wanna save some money, focus on buying only on the (dirty 12) organic and the rest you can buy local farmers market but i personally wouldn't buy anything from grocery stores or supermarkets but that's just me.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

4 hours ago, Vipassana said:

@TheSomeBody watch the video I linked 

i saw it. he is not really 100% scientifice about organic food  but i get what he was saying 

8 hours ago, pluto said:

Organic food is food grown without the use of (chemicals/GMOs) or >pesticides/herbicides. Basically organic food is food that our grandparents ate and all food for that matter back then. Nowadays, Organic food is big because most foods today are fake and processed and only a small percentage is actually healthy for us thus why we need to buy organic as much as we can to function at optimal levels and feel good, be healthy and thrive.

There's a reason why many people today are sick and have cancer and this is mainly because they are eating (food-like products) not actual real food anymore. 90% chemicals 10% on average are real food (most food products that come in bags and boxes at the local supermarket.

Most people have become used to this way of life that they aren't aware that they are feeling like shit all the time, only when they stop and eat whole foods and foods how nature gave them to us without the manipulation of man and chemicals is when they start to see a noticeable difference in health and well-being.

guide_2017.jpg

If you wanna save some money, focus on buying only on the (dirty 12) organic and the rest you can buy local farmers market but i personally wouldn't buy anything from grocery stores or supermarkets but that's just me.

after how much time i can feel the difference? 

19 minutes ago, TheSomeBody said:

i saw it. he is not really 100% scientifice about organic food  but i get what he was saying 

after how much time i can feel the difference? 

Only one way to find out ;)

B R E A T H E

55 minutes ago, pluto said:

Only one way to find out ;)

should i do it now or after i will change my diet?

rather than choosing what to eat, try choosing what not to eat. it will do your body wonders

Just like the idea of mindful eating. Struggling with diets here too. I lost some weight with ketogenic diet but I don't feel it's the right diet for me. I know that eating industrial crap and junk food is not healthy. Organic foods seem to be great, but there're many folks advocating it's not true. I still believe that true organic food can be good for your health because you don't eat a lot of chemical crap they put on it.

Quit reading and get in touch with Thymus/Lungs/Pump. They will want mostly vegetables, balance and harmony ;)

Try NOT eating. Seriously dude, cut that shit out! Fasting is a lot healthier! Of course I am not saying to never eat again, I just mean eating less often. Intermittent fasting basically. Also 14 day juice fasting will do wonders for you!

just remove those nasty fast carbs and find some fast diet pills made of natural ingredients.

good luck

Edited by fanbrits johnson