Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt8800

How I Reach Samadhi

12 posts in this topic

I did a lot of experimenting with combining DMT and meditation and discovered some interesting techniques. One of the things I discovered was Samadhi. I didnt know what it was but when I read about it later, it described exactly what I experienced. One thing I can say about sumadhi is that if you wonder whether you experienced it or not, you didnt. It is a very profound experience in another reality.

Once I had practiced it with DMT a few times, I could do it without DMT.

Here is basically what I do:

1. I start with "clearing my energy" meditation. Sometimes there can be some background "energies" that can get in the way. I ask myself questions like how do I feel, if I am unhappy about anything, anxious, in physical pain, etc. If something arises, I just let it in and focus my observation on it until it disappears. I keep repeating until I feel like I have cleared everything out. Leo does a video that describes this technique called something like how to deal with negative emotions. I make sure to breath deep and slow. Specifically, I use Ujjayi Pranayama.

2. Next, I focus all my effort to have strict concentration in observing any thought or emotion that arises. The best way I can describe it is I am aggressively intense with my observation. Leo does a video about meditation vs concentration where he describes how to develop access concentration. That is what you want.

3. My eyes are closed but my eyes are focused as if they were looking at a point in space about six inches in front of my third eye. I believe this is also a yoga technique. I am like a hunter hiding in a bush waiting for his prey to step in his trap. My prey are thoughts and emotions.

4. When thoughts or emotions arise, I direct all my observation at them. When they are observed, they are not identified with. If they are not identified with and not fed, they disappear like a mirage. If my concentration breaks in the least, I try to bring it immediately back. This is not a meditation technique to relax. It is a technique that takes effort. The more the effort, the more you get from it.

5. You will find your mind getting increasingly still. If your focus is strong and and you keep pushing through, your mind will be like water that is as smooth as glass. Eventually, you will reach a state where your ego is completely gone, subject and object are one and you are pure awareness without cognition. Once I am there, I usually try to push for a deeper state a bit longer and then I just stay in that state for awhile.

6. If that still doesnt work, adding some DMT will usually make it work. Once it is experienced, you know what you are shooting for next time, which makes it easier. Here is how I supplement my meditation with DMT: 

a. Find a nice comfortable place where you can sit in your meditation position.

b. I would never recommend DMT without music. DMT is extremely pleasant with music but can be unpleasant without music. DMT is intense so the music is like a safety tether to sanity and helps avoid a bad trip.

c. Have the headphones in and the music playing but do not "listen" to the music. It should be unconscious background sensations like the feeling of your butt sitting on a cushion.

d. A DMT high when smoked lasts about 15 minutes. The meditation sweet spot is right after the peak and throughout the next hour or so. Profound insights and wisdom can be gained from higher doses but you really dont need much at all when your focus is meditation. 

I am not suggesting anyone should use DMT but if you are already experienced with psychedelics, I've found DMT to be the best for this. I have also noticed that very long flowering sativas (cannabis) can help because they have unique effects but those sativas are difficult to find, and obviously less effective than DMT. I have also been able to reach samadhi with ketamine, which also has very low toxicity. 

Edited by Matt8800

Nice share.:)

How long have you been meditating?

I use the same technique you do :D

10 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Nice share.:)

How long have you been meditating?

I use the same technique you do :D

Ive been meditating about a year and a half. Thats probably not long compared to some but Im 48 yrs old and been obsessed with the nature of consciousness, and trying to figure out who/what was having this conscious experience, for quite a few years. I suppose that is a form of self inquiry. I had also studied epistemology, philosophy and science about 10 hours a week for the last 15 years. The year prior to meditating, I had discarded my whole belief system and rebuilt it from scratch (surprisingly painful). 

I had always been afraid of psychedelics but knew that if I was serious about figuring consciousness out, I needed to explore there. The first time I smoked DMT, I saw a lot of things and I was totally changed as a person. I understood the importance of meditation, searched for videos on meditating on youtube the next day, found Leo's page and have meditated an average of an hour a day without missing a day ever since.

I forgot about breathing (Ujjayi Pranayama) in my original post. I edited it to add that in.

nobody knows what will work, so you can try everything

1 minute ago, Ether said:

nobody knows what will work, so you can try everything

True. I am just posting what I found works for me.

@Matt8800 Why is it that it's so hard to let go of the identification with the limited self to experience something that has no boundaries? Especially for the first time. When it comes down to it that is all that is required for Samadhi. But that's much easier said than done. So I thought I'd ask since your exploring this. What is at the crux of it?   

8 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Matt8800 Why do you think it's so hard to let go of the identification with the limited self to experience something that has no boundaries? Especially for the first time. When it comes down to it that is all that is required for Samadhi. But that's much easier said than done. So I thought I'd ask since your exploring this. What is at the crux of it?   

For me, it was simply because it was so radically different and I had never experienced it. Letting go of the ego was just a concept before it happened. I was like a barnacle trying to imagine what a life on land is like. I had tried meditating throughout the years on and off and it just never clicked for me. My meditation used to consist of me sitting there bored waiting for it to be over because I didnt know what else was possible. The DMT literally changed my life....radically. Everyone I know, including my kids, say I am a totally different person. The first time, I saw how all suffering was an illusion, beauty was all around me and I just wasnt seeing it and that I needed to focus on love. DMT also taught me what it was like to have no ego. I needed that so I knew what to shoot for next time.

Edited by Matt8800

13 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

For me, it was simply because it was so radically different and I had never experienced it. Letting go of the ego was just a concept before it happened. I was like a barnacle trying to imagine what a life on land is like. I had tried meditating throughout the years on and off and it just never clicked for me. My meditation used to consist of me sitting there bored waiting for it to be over because I didnt know what else was possible. The DMT literally changed my life....radically. Everyone I know, including my kids, say I am a totally different person. DMT also taught me what it was like to have no ego. I needed that so I knew what to shoot for next time.

@Matt8800 So would it be fair to say it's like finding the key that unlocks the hidden door.

BTW-Your explanation here is wonderful.:)

15 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Matt8800 So would it be fair to say it's like finding the key that unlocks the door.

BTW-Your explanation here is wonderful.:)

I would say that it is like discovering what a door knob is, how it works and how to identify it. The door knob was always there but once you open the door the first time, it is a lot more simple after that.

Thank you :)

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800  That is the crux of it right there!  The limited self is like living in a five room house all your life thinking that's all there is to it. One door just leads to another room with 4 walls as it has always done. Than one day you go into a closet and behind all the junk you discover there is a hidden door that you never knew existed. Or maybe just forgot about because it was so far buried under all the junk for so long. And this turns out to be the most amazing door in the whole house. It is beyond anything that you have ever experienced before. Until it is experienced you cannot even fathom what it is to look for. The only thing you can really do is fully trust that it is there. 

1 hour ago, Matt8800 said:

For me, it was simply because it was so radically different and I had never experienced it.

This statement is what I was referring to above...........