Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Omario

Thoughts on astrology, numerology and other ologies

22 posts in this topic

is astrology and true? :x

You would think the answer is a blunt and hard no.

But i really dont knowO.o 

What yall think?

1 hour ago, Omario said:

is astrology and true? :x

You would think the answer is a blunt and hard no.

But i really dont knowO.o 

What yall think?

If they were true, how would one verify it? If we believe things without verification, what methods would we use to weed out the untrue beliefs or should we just believe everything told to us?

Im not saying Astrology isnt true. Im just saying be very careful about taking a position on something until it can be verified objectively or experientially. Personally, I think the best answer is to say we dont know and leave it at that until there is more information to consider.

@Matt8800

So i take it you don't know anything when it comes to astrology... 

But you are just stating the obvious...

There has been a lot of scientific research dismissing astrology

If we were to follow any sort of evidence it would be that.

But i can't help but question myself when i read about astrological descriptions of certain people and being amazed on how accurately they were described...

Again, this may be due to conformation bias... 

Astrology for me is a boundary, the whole idea of astrology is that the entities in our solar system have specific connections to the outcome and happenings of your life and that you have no say in that, it just happens. For me personally, astrology is for some people is the ultimate justification of their victim and neurotic lives.

Therefore, take what the scientists say and what it psychologically comes down to, I choose to dismiss it.

But i would love to hear claims that prove otherwise.

In my opinion all things in the universe are connected and are influencing each other, the solar system is influencing us, Astrologie is not true, it's not something verified, it's claiming that you know what you don't know, it's human trying to understand nature depending on his hope

Maybe the solar system can tell us many thing about our behavior, but Astrology doesn't have the answers 

In think Astrology is a system that works, but it doesn't contradict what seems more direct in our experience.

You may have missed the train because it was written, AND because you didn't run fast enough.

(It was written, but you've created it).

I've bought a 1-year chart on alabe.com and I'm doing a blind test.

I would say it's interesting to know what "periods" we're going through.

@Omario In my opinion, according to my past experiences, and years of questioning/researching, astrology (dunno about numerology, but it's probably the same) just works. I think beliefs shapes our reality, on a fundamental level (not only perceptions, but "your" universe). That's crazy enough to say ^^

Edited by Soulbass

2 hours ago, Omario said:

@Matt8800

So i take it you don't know anything when it comes to astrology... 

But you are just stating the obvious...

There has been a lot of scientific research dismissing astrology

If we were to follow any sort of evidence it would be that.

But i can't help but question myself when i read about astrological descriptions of certain people and being amazed on how accurately they were described...

Again, this may be due to conformation bias... 

Astrology for me is a boundary, the whole idea of astrology is that the entities in our solar system have specific connections to the outcome and happenings of your life and that you have no say in that, it just happens. For me personally, astrology is for some people is the ultimate justification of their victim and neurotic lives.

Therefore, take what the scientists say and what it psychologically comes down to, I choose to dismiss it.

But i would love to hear claims that prove otherwise.

There is a slew of epistemological issues if anyone says they "know" that astrology is true or claims to know how it works so Im not sure what you mean by "you dont know anything when it comes to astrology".

The burden of proof always rests with the claimant. I dont have to prove unicorns arent real; the person claiming unicorns are real has the burden of proof. In philosophy, this concept is illustrated in "Russells teapot". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot

The skeptic in me says that it is just bullshit for the weak-minded. The mystic in me says that dont rule anything out because reality is not what it seems. I will take the middle road and hold no opinion. I doesnt have anything to do with enlightenment so Im not going to spend my time trying to analyze it.

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800

the first video that came up sums it up really...

But i want you to think about all the boundaries it sets on your life, it implies that you have no doing in your life that your life happenings are the way they are and will still remain uncontrollable because there is some "god planet/moon/sun/stars" that dictate your life.

You're born with this personality, you will marry this woman, will divorce 2 times, you will have a 2,000 monthly income, you will have 3 kids, you will work as a teacher.

What the heck did i just write? 

You see if astrology was like this and its claims turned out to be true, then you have to suck it up, and admit its true. BUT it isn't, Its 100x more generalized so that it could apply to any average human being to look something like this.

In your chart Saturn lies in the sign of Gemini meaning that during your teenage years you will be judged and ridiculed and this might cause you to think twice before speaking, damaging your communication skills, but as the Saturn matures it learns to be at ease and can learn to communicate effectively.

Like what  de fuck. So am i communicativly fucked or wha?

What about the following list of people.

1. Born without lims
  2. Born autistic
  3. Became schizophrenic 
  4. Born with down syndrome 

The list goes on...

why wouldn't astrology be able to predict those, isnt it supposed to have the reasons for all your manifestations? BECAUSE Its made so that it could apply to the common population, so much so that it can even apply to the uncommon population as well.

Its designed for the soul purpose of conformation bias, where you take away what you resonate with and tend to be blind to the things that you would otherwise dismiss.

In this cosmos, for someone who has experienced spirituality, everything is interlinked in secret ways we cant even begin to imagine.

But i highly doubt, in fact I'm certain that astrology has NOT got those secrets.

Edited by Omario

@Omario We are born in a culture that says "things are this way".  It takes years of gradual investigation, to even start considering those "woo woo" things a reality. I've been there.

Guess what ? The more you discover the true for yourself, the more you'll wish you could go back, because of it's overwhelming complexity.

Do stars have an effect on humans? Yes

Even my fart has an effect on something that is 10galaxies away from me. Ofcourse that would be only 0,000000…01 of significance, but still it does.

Right now my fart is effecting the whole cosmos.:ph34r: And that is the truth.

@Omario If you had the logical capacity to deduce the relativity of the mechanics of the planetary systems on you - you’d collapse into laughter instead. Infinite, we got in spades, but this. OMG. This! ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Where astrology has made falsifiable predictions, it has been falsified

from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrology_and_science

Even if it works like placebo why would you want placebo that makes you a victim?

13 hours ago, Soulbass said:

@Omario In my opinion, according to my past experiences, and years of questioning/researching, astrology (dunno about numerology, but it's probably the same) just works. I think beliefs shapes our reality, on a fundamental level (not only perceptions, but "your" universe). That's crazy enough to say ^^

If this is the case why would you want to believe in astrology and live in a world where astrology works? There seems to be more attractive alternatives, like a traditional religions, for example, where there is entity far wiser than you, that you can asks things. And if it would be good for you and others this entity can grant your wish.

1 hour ago, Akim said:

If this is the case why would you want to believe in astrology and live in a world where astrology works? There seems to be more attractive alternatives, like a traditional religions, for example, where there is entity far wiser than you, that you can asks things. And if it would be good for you and others this entity can grant your wish.

I've been trying prayers lately, to angels and my inner guide. Asking is helping yourself, because everything is "one" and contained within infinite. When I was around teen I've read books about psychology & the brain, but I wasn't satisfied with all the answers, I felt like it didn't explain everything. One day I've had a talk with a psychic, which changed a lot my paradigm (felt like a cold shower). This brutal paradigm shift, made me more humble, about what I though were "right" or not. Since I'm more open to woo-woo, I feel like Alice in wonderland ^^ In fact I prefer not to know, because "knowing what is true" is deluded.

Edited by Soulbass

4 hours ago, Omario said:

@Salvijus yeah aliens have made their own astrology based around your farts

I wasn't joking. It's true that If i move a single atam here, there will be a consequence in the entire existence. It's a SCIENTIFIC FACT. 

This is just basic logic If you asked me.

3 hours ago, Soulbass said:

I've been trying prayers lately, to angels and my inner guide. Asking is helping yourself, because everything is "one" and contained within infinite. When I was around teen I've read books about psychology & the brain, but I wasn't satisfied with all the answers, I felt like it didn't explain everything. One day I've had a talk with a psychic, which changed a lot my paradigm (felt like a cold shower). This brutal paradigm shift, made me more humble, about what I though were "right" or not. Since I'm more open to woo-woo, I feel like Alice in wonderland ^^ In fact I prefer not to know, because "knowing what is true" is deluded.

But how to navigate this crazy infinite wonderland? I personally view it in dual terms. Like I can be more conscious or less conscious, contemplate or read news, help someone or greedily consume and so on. So you kind of need a pointer, idea what is good and wholesome and what is not. Also I think one needs to build and maintain habitable order around oneself that works for him. Or how to live without it?