Yonkon

Is actualized.org a cult?

42 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Ether said:

isnt it...Bahahha?

What?

@Outer I appreciate you proving my point for me, usually it isn't that easy.

It takes just a few mins of that video to get to the point, the person SoA is citing suggests that 'cult thinking' is a 'psychological force' that brings on 'characteristics of behavior' he uses to call something a cult. Where does all of this 'authoritarian' control and belief take place? Within the individual because without the individual empowering it to be 'cultish' for them it has no force in their psychology to bring about behavior associated with it.

Ironically, the video you provided explains how the four listed behaviors that are mentioned of compliance with a group, dependence on a leader, devaluing outsiders and avoiding dissent are all exhibited on this forum with much fervor. It seems that you are using a physical threshold of organization to be able to call something a cult without recognizing the power of the 'cultish thinking' present in the individual that brings about the control and belief.

So yes, just in the first few mins that video you posted agrees that the subjectivity of group member's view of the group is the thing that makes for cultish thinking otherwise it has no psychological power of belief to control them to exhibit characteristics of behavior.

Edited by SOUL

29 minutes ago, Ether said:

Is he your worst enemy? :D 

What? Why do you think that?

13 minutes ago, Outer said:

@SOUL So I guess our answer should be, yes this is a cult, stay away.

You still don't get the nuance of my point or you are purposefully being obtuse so refuse to acknowledge it. Either way, that's ok, it's no bother to me.

It's a cult that promotes free thinking and self-reliance, which ironically is uncultish.

It's a counter cult? Anti cult?

6 hours ago, Yonkon said:

just curious - mildly paranoid

No....not yet ;).  We still need more people.  

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

We're all just apes playing with keyboards.

Not too worrying I presume?

16 minutes ago, Conscious life said:

No. 

It's not like black or white.

If you blindly believe what Leo says actualized.org is a cult for you. If you use Leo teachings as pointers to discover Truth by yourself - it's not. 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

If you take everything, what Leo says for the absolute truth for you right now, you will get fucked.

Just integrate a little bit over time in your life and it will enrich you life.

It is the most hilarious joke of a God. Where God teaches and helps itself realizing it is God. 

Wtf I am doing Jed is right hahaha ha. 

indeed, as your group of friend

actualized.org is a cult about debunking cult

On 4/10/2018 at 6:07 AM, Yonkon said:

just curious - mildly paranoid

@Yonkon A cult leader will never encourage you to question or research on your own. 

8 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@Yonkon A cult leader will never encourage you to question or research on your own. 

That's not necessarily true, because the dynamic in a cult can allow for the leader to tell people to question and research on their own in a very particular way, leading to people either not researching and questioning at all (after all, the leader tells us to question everything, that means he must be honest!) or to research and question in a way which will not actually help them at all.

Flat Earthers are very much into the "Look into it, just question it man. Don't just believe what science tells you!" and I personally know of people who use fake-science and teaches it to students who pay for it while the students have no capacity to actually verify it themselves, as it would require in-depth education in whatever scientific field.

A cult leader might use an appearence of open-mindedness and encouragement of independence to actually gain the trust of his followers. He can abuse the fact that most people are to lazy or maybe not even able to question it themselves or to do in-depth research. Rather he can hope, and often successfully, that people will trust him even more so because he is telling them to question him.

Not saying this is the case with Leo, but I have definitely personally observed this. Not in full-cults, as I have no direct experience with them, but in borderline cults/money-grabbing circles.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

It is if you don't have direct experience your self

Edited by phllip103