Yonkon

Is actualized.org a cult?

42 posts in this topic

No, we are a community of like-minded people who will together thwart the evils of this world. Step by step we are lead, hand in hand to the Promiselands which our beloved venerable Leoji has guaranteed us in exchange for nothing less than complete adherence to his every word.

Join us, brother.

Edited by Arman

@Arman mild paranoia seems to be evolving into low form of anxiety now.

It is if you want it to be ;)

B R E A T H E

@Yonkon  There’s no dogma, no ask for money or time. The mantra (imo) is... don’t believe what anyone says, find out for yourself. Welcome to the forum. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Yonkon Does this sound like a Cult to you?:)

On 4/9/2018 at 5:29 AM, Jed Vassallo said:

I'm questioning everything I thought I knew. Now doubting all my thoughts and beliefs, I guess I'm doubting everything.

Leo's response- Yes, that's good. That's the only way really. You must doubt everything until nothing remains.

Spirituality is like extreme skepticism taken to its ultimate conclusion, consuming everything, and even itself. Until only pure being remains.

Trusting me is not what I ask you to do. I ask you to be skeptical of everything equally, especially of your self.

You cannot trust anyone in this work. Not me, not any guru, not Buddha. You must discover what is true in your direct experience. Direct experience is all that really matters. My words are only here to motivate you to look more closely at your direct experience and question everything society has taught you.

There are no authority figures. The truth cannot be spoken or proven to you. You must seek it out all alone.

Make sure you don't mistake my talking for truth. All the ideas I fill your mind with are NOT the truth.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Yonkon  There’s no dogma, no ask for money or time. The mantra (imo) is... don’t believe what anyone says, find out for yourself. Welcome to the forum. ?

NO!

Its believe everything Leo says!

I think we’re the opposite of a cult.  We value thinking for yourself.  There’s very little of that slavish religious mentality of trusting authority here.  You can’t outsource your thinking and be authentic in life.  The unexamined life is not worth living.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, Yonkon said:

just curious - mildly paranoid

Yes. Huge cult. Much danger. Tread with care!

:ph34r:

Here -

Pursue personal growth the way it works for you.  Don’t let everyone’s mindless Leo-worshipping distract you from what really matters - Your work to actualize who you are. 

Dont look to Leo as some savior. His way is his way. Find your way to actualization and/or enlightenment/spirituality and/or personal growth!

Don't only rely on one source, otherwise it will really become a cult. Actualized.org is useful to understand reality and spirituality as a sort of deconstruction or cleaning up everything until nothing remains so you can have clean view, but you also need to combine this radical non-dual approach to spirituality with other things: religions, scriptures, psychology, art, science etc. etc etc Because if you only have nothingness then you will turn ideas that people share on this forum into dogmas. Because you need ground anyway, and its important to update ground all the time. Don't follow into reductionism trap, coz model is required to navigate, you just need to update your model, never settle for anything even if you are super-enlightened. And nonduality is quite useless without traditional spirituality, modern teachings are useless without ancient teachings. Because these all are signs, maps, some better some worse. And always think for yourself, deconstruct all of that and then intuitively integrate each in one another, nothing can really be thrown away, its all has reason for existence, even if seems like archaic non-sense to you. And do this not for entertainment but well to survive spiritually, and to live like you were designed to live, and to find what you lost, and for that you need to understand what our life is about, and what is the true way, what is the narrow gate? To do that one need to think like child (have no prejudices and have 'magical' or symbolic thinking) patient, humble and mindful to his ideas, thoughts, experiences, even his 'truth-realisations', feelings, emotions, and even mindful to his mindfulness, and of course follow your silent soul within heart, its like compass without form, words, voice, it can somehow show you the way if you are mindful enough to follow it. Life is a puzzle and we are here to undertake journey, we don't really know what we are seeking, and dedicate yourself fully to the path, make it your life and mind that spiritual path is not just techniques, it is life, it is quest of life, its not just to be better person, it is really a game, a quest, a transformation from Pinocchio into a real boy, Jesus said only few will find the narrow path. While most on the path will be deceived by themselves, by their own experiences, by their own happiness.

Use actualized.org as a tool and not as the true just untill you experience for yourself

The "cult", if there is it, resides within the person who empowers it to be a cult for them so yes, this can become it since anything can be a cult if one makes it so.

Leo provides interesting research and makes experiments with himself, but it is up to you how you use it. You can turn anything into a cult if you are dedicated enough. Spiritual practices are especially dangerous for that, it looks like they tend to create cults more often then not. There is also a danger of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritual_bypass.

Ask yourself following questions:
Is actualized.org alone more than 30% of spiritual/self improvement material I consumed in the last 3 months?
Do I approach actualized.org content critically?
Do I feel more empowered or more disoriented?
Am I becoming more at peace and alive or restless and unstable?
Do my relationships suffer in a way that I regret about?
Can I still have meaningful connections with other people?
Are my long term life prospects actually improving, am I learning new skills, more productive at work, building a business or acting out other plans for my life?

Edited by Akim

9 minutes ago, Outer said:

Um no.

It appears you didn't understand what I said....haha.

9 minutes ago, SOUL said:

It appears you didn't understand what I said....haha.

isnt it...Bahahha?

4 minutes ago, Outer said:

I did, it's nonsense and wrong. Cults are not based on the subjectivity of group member's view of the group.

So what do you think it's "based on"? Hm?