AMS

Spirituality Rap

41 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I recently started rapping and just made this one talking about a lot of the themes Leo covers.  I wonder if anyone else on here has done anything similar?   If so, would love to hear it.  Not even necessarily rap, but anything where spirituality and creativity/music are interlinked.  

@egoless thanks m8

Here is a song about the first time i meditated and experienced peace

Yeah @MarkusR very nice, will keep up with your stuff!  How long would you say you've been rapping for?

@AdamDiC @AMS  Thanks, im glad you guys enjoyed :D. Ive been rapping for like 2 years AMS.

And @Ether I think there are a few things you could do to improve your raps, like for example have you ever considered rapping in your mother tongue? Also working on mixing and mastering your vocals so it doesn't sound so crunchy or purchasing a better mic could make your raps sound a lot more pleasant to the ears :).

@MarkusR yeah, i might rap in my natural language sometimes but i prefer to rtap in enlgish, i dont do it for the money or fame, its just what i like

@Ether Same here, rapping and producing is one of the few things I can do for hours on end without losing focus or energy, just pure flow. Wouldn't want to ruin something like that by attaching it as an identity or a career path.

And either way, even if you are not looking for money or fame, wouldn't you like to perfect your craft as much as possible?

@MarkusR "And either way, even if you are not looking for money or fame, wouldn't you like to perfect your craft as much as possible?"

Sure, why do you think I make one song, freestyle everyday? :) 

@MarkusRshiiiit can i see your lyrics?

off topic but you guys know any more rappers with spirtuality ot self actualization as the topic 

Edited by d0ornokey

2 hours ago, d0ornokey said:

@MarkusRshiiiit can i see your lyrics?

off topic but you guys know any more rappers with spirtuality ot self actualization as the topic 

This guy called Ether, has a soundcloud account called TheCristeo.

He mostly raps about enlightenment.

@d0ornokey Woah, everyone always asks for the lyrics, I should really start putting them in the description. Which song specifically, I could send you dm if you wanna read :D.

Also I recommend this song, it induced an awakening experience for me once: 

Been making good progress with my raps, just wanted to give an update of my newest videos and post my new Soundcloud account if anyone is interested in following me.  Not meaning to sell it up to much as I know it is early days but I have quite a lot of drive to keep going with it and I think a lot of people on this forum can appreciate the topics I'm spitting ;) 

Here are my 2 newest ones:

(about the pressure put on us to find romantic partners and our lack of self-love)

(about addiction and how it can be cured with Spirituality)

and then my Soundcloud and fb,

https://www.facebook.com/DistortedGong/

K will leave it at that, cheers guys and PLUR!

Hey again, I just wanted to share my newest rap, it is my deepest one yet.  Many influences from Leo as you can surely see.  Will post the lyrics under the vid link.

Cheers for the listen peeps

"Some of them say that we’re already enlightened and to live day to day with no need to put time in.  I call them fakes, who ain’t grinding, they be mistaken, complacent and frightened.  I spit bars to mars with this rhyming, mars bar’s be enticing, but i’m purifying, hard paths ain’t inviting coz beliefs be unwiring, still I’m working overtime coz I seek the deriving of truth, it’s absolute, but it’s hiding and it’s roots are twisted but exist in your psyche shit, you missed it, but it’s there for the finding, and it’s never too late bcoz time’s an illusion. but this ain’t excusing your lack of pursuit and I be ensuring you get on the move and move on attuned with the spiritual groove, your mood will improve as your vessel gets rinsed and soon you’ll attain that first glimpse, it’s huge it will make a great dint, it’ll shit on everything you thought you ever knew, on what you thought life ever meant, then your whole world view comes tumbling on down, but it messes you around coz that glimpse doesn’t stick.  The pearly gates go shut, it’s back to being hell bound, you’re cut heaven only came in a pinch,and life’s a bitch, and then your ego dies, but in hindsight you’ll realize that it was never alive it ain’t no glitch, but truth was just disguised , helping you survive, it was hidden right before your eyes, the self is sly, coz it does mighty fine in deluding your mind into thinking your life is but one of a kind, when you’re kind of just one, you’re legit God himself but you’ve just been playing dumb. It’s been promised, if you’re honest.  You swear to the priest you’ll abstain from getting on it,    feeling so entitled and acting all pompous but beliefs actually keep you from heaven, how ironic.

You’ve found God, nah you’re far from it You swear that you won’t take his name in vain, and that you’ll say your grace and show your     full blind faith, right till the end of days, nah fuck your language games and they’re all the same, religion’s been straight up bastardised, and all in God’s name. but God isn’t a thing to deserve a name and your mistaken if you think he’s out there to be praised.  
It ain’t a he, it ain’t a she, it has no form and no fucking face it’s indeed a chameleon of colour and shape, but you can fuck the 4 dimensions, it’s beyond time and space.  Don’t like chameleons? how bout toads, milk that little critter, go pack it in a cone,
toke on that venom, watch your mind implode, 12mg of God molecule’s an atheist’s dose
but that’s a drug right and it ain’t real truth? Being literally infinity will give you your proof
but you limit your reality with rational views, and science barely beats religion in this age old feud hypocritically rude, they treat the brain as their god, yeah their models are cute, but
set in stone they are not, still fucking far from the truth coz the truth can’t be got, at least not how they thought , but still determined they’ll prod and I ain’t saying to stop, but to fix  how we relate to our human concepts and to start to meditate.  Coz it’s time to go jailbreak all our minds from this fake ass reality for fucking god’s sake."

@AMS

Have you ever heard Eyedea - First Born, similar topic, I think youll like it:)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

its possible that a song focused on spiritual viewpoints is a hard sell if its too detailed. For an averege listener who is asleep it might become off putting and uninteresting since the spiritualty and factual part is its main focus in a way.

Those who do understand on the other hand already have that the interest and are already on their path.

The only reason i can see for music with a so detailed narrative is to get the aproval of others on the path, which in turn becomes unneccecary sence there is no need for aproval. 

If your goal is to help others have insights and life changing ephiphanies, then target them as you would a marketing campaign. Understand your listeners. Give them what they want and make it interesting and distable, but place the message there in a subliminal manner to make them use their subconcius rather than the active mind.

Make it non judgemental and share your being so that it comes forward as the prominent base of the music. Make me as a listener trust you and belive your words. 

Also, i loved Promised land. Did you make the beat Ams?

Edited by furashido