TruthSeeker47

Would a buddha swat a mosquito?

44 posts in this topic

@TruthSeeker47 Become a buddha and find out :) Meanwhile don't try to act like a buddha, just be mindful of your selfishness and keep practicing. 

8 hours ago, Markus said:

@TruthSeeker47 Become a buddha and find out :) Meanwhile don't try to act like a buddha, just be mindful of your selfishness and keep practicing. 

You know what's funny, even if you become a buddha and share it, they will still only "see" it from their level of perception.

B R E A T H E

There is a relatively well-known anecdote concerning a certain ancient Chinese philosopher of sorts who was said to have been of the mind that even if it could save someone's life, he wouldn't pluck a single eyebrow.

As for the OP~ the test is, if you can't kill a buddha, you're not a buddha.

Suuuch recreationally squeamish and philosophically speculative concerns relative to self and other, right and wrong, good and bad.

I wish people would get over their emotionalist conventions of what selflessnesss means. It's not good or bad, people.

it's just selflessness— if you know, it doesn't matter, because Suchness as is (reality) is unified. An inconceivability in your own skin without borders.

What's sad is, as long as you don't know, you're bound and gagged for eons.

ed note: add "recreationally squeamish and philosophically speculative" to 3rd line

Edited by deci belle

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

If it would have landed on his eye ball yes I’m sure ?

I have tons of ants in my kitchen, my parents always kill them, pisses me off, their rationale is that they are just creatures without "humanlike consciousness" so it doesnt matter, how do they know that!?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@deci belle  I don't think I understand what you mean, are you saying that to become a buddah i must be able to kill a buddah?

@Rilles Thats true, the ants consciousness is unknowable but I guess if they are stealing food or doing other things that bother your parents it seems worth it to them to kill them, taking the chance that hopefully they are not as aware as us and wont suffer as much

But were stealing food too, does that mean that humanity should be extinct, of course not! Ants need food too. What are we basing an ants consciouness on, just because theyre smaller theyre not as "alive"? they might be more alive as far as we know!

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

hi *mr Winston* ~ the matter of psychological habituation to perceiving buddhas as "buddhas", in terms of a concept in your mind, is what has usurped your enlightening potential from transcending creation here and now . A buddha's day-job is an open secret~ nobody knows. "Transcendence" doesn't go anywhere. Right here is where it's at. Delusion is all there is. Only buddhas see delusion as delusion~ they don't mistake it for reality.

Reality is simply awake to what is without personal levels of perception. Reality is the quality of seeing— not what is perceived.

Dogen said that "there are people who attain realization upon realization and people who are deluded within delusion." On face value you might be confused as to the message. "Realization upon realization" is what ordinary people take for their minds, believing their thoughts' projections to be reality. "Deluded within delusion" is seeing reality as is, and furthermore knowing the potential(s) present at any given time, and working with just that.

Dogen also said "When buddhas are truly buddhas they do not need to be aware of being buddhas. However, they are actualized buddhas and further actualize buddhahood."

If you can't kill that "buddha" in your mind, you'll never see your own buddha which does not have to be aware of being buddha. It's not a word game. It's real.

even if you become a buddha and share it, they will still only "see" it from their level of perception

The way that buddhas actualize buddhahood in terms of spontaneous response is expressed as knowledge for the benefit of ordinary people who can't help but recognize it according to their capacities. That is not the fault of buddhas. To the degree that one's own buddha sees the expression of buddha knowledge, that is one's own buddha regardless of karmic obstruction. In all people, the capacity is the same— it is without limit. Karma varies according to the individual.

Faceless, dear~ he didn't pluck his eyebrow, so there was nothing to fall into his eye. I hope this instance can serve as an example to illustrate exactly how it would be well for you to just work with what IS and don't make things up (using awareness to create illusion). Your reply was based on sloppy comprehension to the facts printed in black and white right in front of your face. There's no humor in it if you are just arrogantly following your own personally flippant psychological momentum making it impossible for you to be present and intelligently respond according to WHAT'S THERE. Don't be a clod— if you can help it.

Just see what's there— and respond to that. You'll be a buddha without even knowing it.

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

There is not wrong or good in killing a mosquito or any biological creature. 

A rock in reality has the same value as human being. 

One can see this after being awake.

There are only consequences in the un-awakened state or in the society we are living.

<3

Mosquitos had been unsuccessful meditators in their previous births, thus ambushed the skin of those who effortlessly slipped into meditation. Mosquitoes are ancient meditators who have fallen, hence they are against anybody succeeding in meditation; they are very jealous. So whenever you meditate they are there to disturb, to distract.

Jaina monk lives naked. Just think of a naked Jaina monk; and India, and mosquitoes. Buddha's contemporary Mahavira had to give specific instructions on what attitude to take about mosquitoes. He had told his disciples that when mosquitoes attack, accept. This is the ultimate distraction: if you can win this then there is no other difficulty, no greater difficulty.

@TruthSeeker47

When you awaken, you will realize you have no choice in the matter.

Your ego still thinks it is in control. Hence it is asking these moralistic questions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

44 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@TruthSeeker47

When you awaken, you will realize you have no choice in the matter.

Your ego still thinks it is in control. Hence it is asking these moralistic questions.

You always have a choice when you are conscious. You loose your choice when you become unconscious and subconscious is controlling you through old patterns. Ego is the same as subconscious.

I mean, strong determination sitting and not budging for any discomfort is a method to increase meditation benefits I've heard...

But also...

"There are no rules.  But, there are rules."

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@TruthSeeker47  

Just kill it with love, I mean swat it as hard as possible.

Don't worry, you will never be reincarnated as a mosquito, no one will. 

Edited by Fadl

Damn only just realized how old this post is... Oh well. 

Edited by fridjonk