Slade

What’s the best way to explore?

19 posts in this topic

I’m at a point right now where I have a vague idea of my life purpose, but I’m still not sure exactly what I want to do. I know that I want to make people feel good and it seems like singing could be a good outlet to do that. However, I want to explore more and find something that I absolutely love and have no doubt that I want to pursue it fully.

What’s the best way to explore? Is it reading books? YouTube videos? I don’t know what I don’t know so how can I find new territory?

If it is possible, go traveling. Leave your everyday life behind, pack a backpack and go off to a different country with a different culture. See the beauty  and ugliness of the world and yourself ;)

Oh yes! Do not plan ahead too much if you take a trip like that. Let it be a mystery!

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

See the links and the journey I shared there. If you want a TL;DR version of what I think will help you is this exercise and getting deeply in touch with your intuition / Infinite Intelligence.

I don't know my outlet yet but I will experiment and find that.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

@Slade So far you have singing. Learn how to sing properly and develop that. Doing that will bring the rest. Doing anything well opens the mind, builds discipline, etc, and therefore opportunities appear. That and the previous suggestions which are excellent.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Thank you guys for your help. I definitely want to travel at some point with no particular place in mind. Maybe within the next year I’ll make plans to do so. Psychedelics are in my plans within the next month as well. I’m hoping lsd can give me some insights as to a direction for my life.

On 2018-04-11 at 5:28 AM, Slade said:

Thank you guys for your help. I definitely want to travel at some point with no particular place in mind. Maybe within the next year I’ll make plans to do so. Psychedelics are in my plans within the next month as well. I’m hoping lsd can give me some insights as to a direction for my life.

The exploring part was good advice....the use of chemicals ideá less so.

I have yet to meet an advanced person who did drugs. They always seems to end up as wrecks and former tragycomical shadows of someone they used to or could have been.

But...that might be your path and you might succed at it...in one way or another.

21 hours ago, Slade said:

@Barbarian Number 8 what’s an “advanced person” to you?

Hellå Slade!

I liked that you added the "to you"-part, since I believe that varies from person to person. Like what is beauty?

I would consider somebody kind, happy, minimalist, calm, curious, focused, exploring, mature, selfmotivated, constructive, considerate, respectful and capable of original thinking and not a lemming....to be advanced.

Your question is really good, beacuse it made me start to write down positive adjektives. So consider my list a first draft.

Would you mind giving me your list? I hope to pick some good things of it.

May I ask you why you consider drugs?

Have you watched Leos clips about drugs? I am open to the idea that he might find out something good. But he also got quite the toolbox that most people dont have. I am curious about his experiment, althou I am pessimistic about the outcome.

He seems like a good person, but it is for selfish reasons that I dont want him to fry his brain. He have taught me alot of useful things and I want more.

@Barbarian Number 8 Have you ever done any psychedelic? That's a question.

But it's hard not to agree with you that you need a "toolbox" in order for them to work properly. "Psychedelics don't work on stupid people." The more personal growth and enlightenment experiences you have prior to your tripping the better the effects are. Yet, it's not a reason not to try them.

I have a friend who doesn't do Enlightenment work at all, after a few trips he became much more open-minded, tolerant and stopped worrying about his looks. Now he says he is handsome all the time. xD No, psychedelics didn't change his physical apperance.

So as you can see, even without that "toolbox" these can work.

@Slade Scrape all ideas you have about what you can do in life and organize them before the trip. Contemplate some on this topic prior to taking the substance and maybe for 5 minutes daily starting from now. This will help you enormously to direct the trip in the right direction, so you don't spend 4 hours looking at the patterns on the carpet. Remember what impact you want to have on the world and people, "what" is more important than "how".

Just my two cents, hope it helps.

@Girzo No I have not. That is an answear.

Maybe I should define a timeframe for expected show of failure?

10 years from first drug use.

I am probably a paradox in opinoin, beacuse I think that smoking weed is/can be a good thing for painrelief and treating some mental illnesses.

However, I do think that it comes with a price.

Ja, considering your friend....I am glad it had a positive outcome.

Ofcourse there is another aspect to take into consideration.

Should the "reward" be in the now or in the future? Is both possible?

Example..: Chemicly Enlightened as f now and just f upped later.

Give it another two cents! :)

@Barbarian Number 8 Will you take it after seeing that Leo or anyone else you know is doing good after 10 years since their first real psychedelic experience? (real means done for self-actualization purposes, not for fun)

@Girzo  I am by nature a very careful (might be a wrong translation of "försiktig") person.

I like to judge the effects on a person that I actually know. The results of people I have never met do matter, but not much in this matter.

I have seen people before and after some time of different druguse, and that makes me fear it. My mind is sacred.

If I saw a successful outcome, it would baffle me and I would have to recalculate the matter.

The simple answear and most likely one would be: no.

@Barbarian Number 8 I fear how you call it drug use. seems like you are putting heroine and lsd in the same categories.

A friend of mine became much more social and had less anxiety after doing psychedelics.

@dude  Hellå Dude!

What would you prefer that I call it?

I also call panodil, iboprofen and laxativ for drugs.

Ja, I kind of bunch all of them together. I also label them "pills", some are legal and some are not.

I usually disagree with peoples opinion about what should be a legal drug and not.

I am no fan of "Big Pharma". Also I am pro personal choice.

Finding a good word for the opposite would be "natural"....in a way....

@Barbarian Number 8 I guess I like the distinction of drugs. Like psychedelics, mind numbing like heroine or cocaine and pharma. 

Otherwise it's like saying food is bad. But there is a difference between salad and frozen pizza.

@dude Ja, you are right, I do paint with a broad brush by calling all refined (sometimes) statealtering products as drugs.

It´s beacuse I am very concerned about what to put into my body. I am trying very hard to have a, as possible, pure intake when I build my body and energy.

It is really difficult for me. Part beacuse of society and part detoxing problem. Sugar and white bread is probably the most difficult legal addicting drugs to quit.

To simplify my struggle, I devide it up in "Good or bad" for me. Very binary, ja I know.

10 hours ago, Barbarian Number 8 said:

Part beacuse of society and part detoxing problem. Sugar and white bread is probably the most difficult legal addicting drugs to quit.

Same, even brown bread. It's just so easy because it fills you up quick and easy to carry around I guess.