Key Elements

Taking psychedelics (or not) for spiritual development

Taking psychedelics (or not) for spiritual development    54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you take psychedelics for spiritual development?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I'm considering it.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2018 at 10:46 AM, SgtPepper said:

Also to reduce a 5-meo experience to the label "drug", a class that is shared by heroin, cocaine, cigarettes, alcohol is disingenuous and reeks of ignorance.

I agree but I don’t think he is put in them in the same category. He seems to be referring to the limitations of experience itself. Experience is very tricky. Experience can very easily be influinced by the knowledge obtained through memory and then there can be a projection established due to the attachment of that content. 

So one would have to be quite sure that there past ‘the known’ wasn’t influencing that ‘spiritual experience’. 

This takes a deep and honest understanding of ones own motives, demands, and indulgents of pleasures/desires. 

Edited by Faceless

@SgtPepper

I would bet he’s referring to not getting caught in the trap of psychological time. 

Could be wrong though?

Edited by Faceless

I’m still confused as to why someone like Peter Ralston is opposed to psychedelics for spirituality...

Yes.  I kinda have no more desire to do more though.  My favorite is LSD.  I wanna do 5MeO.

LSD can increase mindfulness and reduce ego.  It gives you a perspective on reality that you've never had before.  It's a good perspective to experience. 

I can honestly say that my experience with psychedelics helped me with life purpose and enlightenment.  They helped me find my authentic self -- which is unchanging Awareness.  But not to just know it -- to experience it!  To find it.  Sometimes the thing that is closest to us is the hardest to come to see.  I was also unsure about my life purpose until I did mushrooms and I was like duh!  I was doing Leo's Life Purpose Course at the time.  Mushrooms are very powerful too.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I voted no but 20 years I had an awaking experience on mushroom even though I've had lower and higher doses around that time trying to replicate the experience it never happened again. I'm sure it led me to where I'm at today but I don't feel the need to try and go back there. I'm very grateful it happened. On a side note another time on mushrooms I experienced telepathy with one of my friends who took the same dose as me at the same time. Don't know if anyone here has experienced that but it was quite interesting.