moon777light

Does mirror work help with uncovering past trauma/suppressed emotions?

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone done this or something similar to this process, like in the video? Does it help with opening chakras?

Yes, and it's trippy. I get comfy in a seated position in front of a mirror, get close to it (8" away or so), pick a pupil and simply stare into it for 20 minutes without breaking the gaze. Face will morph into other people's faces, men and woman, old and young, attractive and ghastly. I gain an appreciation for myself and others afterward. It can be scary, though.

@PsiloPutty I've experienced that during a trip. I morphed into a never ending chain of people, some even felt very ancient. I also felt an urge to express my love for them, so I did. also to the ugly and evil ones. it was scary at the beginning....but turned out wonderful with the expression of appreciation <3

I'll definitively try Teal's technique as well!

whatever arises, love that

@phoenix666  Right, some of the faces I see look very ancient, sometimes even proto-humans, like neanderthalic faces. When you mentioned loving them, it reminded me that yes, I purposely send love to every new face I see, no matter how twisted and frightening they are. It helps with the fear. The eye is always the same though, and looking into it I see myself in all of the faces. Strange, but even in conversation with other people, I find myself looking at their eye, and I often see myself. 

@PsiloPutty yeah, I've seen those pro to humans as well! I didn't only see, but I also felt it, like I just knew  they were ancient. I had the same experience. I saw some pretty scary faces, I immediately judged as evil. as soon as I sent them love, they changed into benevolent ones. 

wow, that's powerful. to see oneself in others <3 isn't that like a beginning or early sign for awakening? sometimes when I talk to my mam, I feel like I'm talking to myself. maybe that's comparable 

whatever arises, love that

Nice to talk to someone else who has done this stuff and saw/felt the same things. I sure don't know about the awakening part....I've only just begun this journey, and some days I feel further away from it than ever. 

ETA: Finding a willing partner to look at instead of yourself is at least as effective as mirror work, and maybe even more profound, as you'll end up seeing yourself in their eye after ~15 minutes of staring. The less you blink, the better. The person you do it with has to be into it. If they aren't, they will look away a lot, move around a lot, and laugh a lot, because it's incredibly difficult to look at another human in the eye for this long; it's just so foreign that a lot of people get squirmy about it really quickly. As with any meditation, those movements are distracting and will make you "lose your place" and have to start again each time it happens. It won't be like starting a whole new session, but it briefly takes you out of the moment. I think doing it with someone else is a great lesson in seeing that we're all the same, not just similar. It's profound.

Edited by PsiloPutty

Ive done it for fun when i was a kid but only for a minute or so and immediately my face transforms into a male with a much thicker heavier jaw and wide forehead and if i look longer, into a Neanderthal like face as youve described! Id kinda say woah cool and look away haha but i want to see if ill be able to purge any emotions by doing this technique of acknowledging them :) thanks for sharing your experiences

@moon777light Way bak in the day in 2016 when I was starting with my healing transformation I tried this one. It was real cool. It started opening my subconscious mind after some time in front of the mirror.
I recently herd Matt Kahn mention a similar practice where youd combien his I love you practice with the mirror.
You basically just stare into your eyes in the mirror, with your hand on your heart, and telling to your heart "I love you." Over and over. 
This is very potent especially if youre starting in this and wanna see some results! :-) 

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@moon777light   Looking away and saying "wow!" is what I did the first couple times, but if you keep your head about you and continue to gaze, you'll go deeper into it. It's like you crawl through your pupil (or someone else's, if you're doing it with a friend) and into some kind of calm sense of knowing and seeing. Takes me 15 minutes to get to that point, though. 

Yes, is one of the best ways to do it. 

To do it faster take Colloidal Silver and Gold as supplements. 

<3

@Quanty where can you find legit colloidal silver for a good price? most colloidal silver out there is just ionic silver, which doesnt really do anything in the body.

@Mikael89 its probably the easiest way to trip without the use of drugs. I would advise to meditate prior to doing this and after doing this to really make everything flow and integrate, respectively, with ease.