TruthSeeker47

Can the ego ever be good?

80 posts in this topic

Hehehe?

Imponderable?? Even for a simple illiterate like me this is quiet a easy to go into. Just takes honesty. Has nothing to do with philosophy?

Unless there is freedom from the knower then one is not actually fully in the present moment. If the past is a carried over by thought and that thought is projecting a future then the now becomes simply a continuation of the past and a projection in anticipation for the future. Yes all now is all there ever is, but not if thought imposes time past/future on top of the present. In that sense one is always time bound and therefore not present and attentive to ‘now’ this is quite simple. 

Has nothing to do with abstraction either. It’s simply a matter of observing yourself honestly. It has nothing to do with conforming to ideas, philosophy’s, concepts, and theory’s. It’s about being sensitive to see yourself for what you are without imposing will or volition to change what is to what you think should be. Because if you do that contradiction and conflict is inevitable and only makes more chaos. 

Awareness has nothing to do with exercises. It’s knowing ones own limits and inner workings. Its understanding that intellectual knowledge and the compulsion to seek through the movement of ‘psychological time’ being exercises, methods, and systems only lead to further confusion and conflict. Those types of activity’s are suppose to be fun. It actually takes a simple mind to do this. A complicated mind bombarded by ideology’s, philosophy’s, and conceptualizations is to muddled to ever reach the point of space and silence. For mind to be free the conditioned ‘me’ and it’s accumulation ‘content’ must end. 

It’s not complicated at all. It does take all ones energy. This space/silence doesn’t take years of accumulating knowledge or years of mechanical forms of meditation. It’s actually quite less complicated than what I see prescribed to others on this forum. Just can t be lazy. It’s very very simple. Maybe to simple.

Truth is only when thought is not. It’s not somthing to be known. It’s not something to be achieved. It has nothing to do with ‘you’

Truth is only when you are not. Truth is the product of silence/space and is timeless. Therefore anything of time implies that truth is not. Truth is action free of time, free of conditioning, free of the center. 

Again you don’t know truth. But truth is expressed as a whole movement free of psychological time. Harmony already is, but if we are bound by the limits of our conditioning there is no harmony. 

Again it’s not about knowing or experiencing truth. Truth is action born of silence and space. Truth is only when the you ‘the thinker and the thought cease. In this state you are truth. Has nothing to do with knowing absolute truth or experiencing absolute infinity. It’s much more subtle and simple than that.?

You don’t have to do anything lol 

Always be your own teacher. 

No body can help you either. That’s the beauty of it. Haha ? 

Edited by Faceless

2 hours ago, Faceless said:

Hehehe?

Imponderable?? Even for a simple illiterate like me this is quiet a easy to go into. Just takes honesty. Has nothing to do with philosophy?

Unless there is freedom from the knower then one is not actually fully in the present moment. If the past is a carried over by thought and that thought is projecting a future then the now becomes simply a continuation of the past and a projection in anticipation for the future. Yes all now is all there ever is, but not if thought imposes time past/future on top of the present. In that sense one is always time bound and therefore not present and attentive to ‘now’ this is quite simple. 

Has nothing to do with abstraction either. It’s simply a matter of observing yourself honestly. It has nothing to do with conforming to ideas, philosophy’s, concepts, and theory’s. It’s about being sensitive to see yourself for what you are without imposing will or volition to change what is to what you think should be. Because if you do that contradiction and conflict is inevitable and only makes more chaos. 

Awareness has nothing to do with exercises. It’s knowing ones own limits and inner workings. Its understanding that intellectual knowledge and the compulsion to seek through the movement of ‘psychological time’ being exercises, methods, and systems only lead to further confusion and conflict. Those types of activity’s are suppose to be fun. It actually takes a simple mind to do this. A complicated mind bombarded by ideology’s, philosophy’s, and conceptualizations is to muddled to ever reach the point of space and silence. For mind to be free the conditioned ‘me’ and it’s accumulation ‘content’ must end. 

It’s not complicated at all. It does take all ones energy. This space/silence doesn’t take years of accumulating knowledge or years of mechanical forms of meditation. It’s actually quite less complicated than what I see prescribed to others on this forum. Just can t be lazy. It’s very very simple. Maybe to simple.

Truth is only when thought is not. It’s not somthing to be known. It’s not something to be achieved. It has nothing to do with ‘you’

Truth is only when you are not. Truth is the product of silence/space and is timeless. Therefore anything of time implies that truth is not. Truth is action free of time, free of conditioning, free of the center. 

Again you don’t know truth. But truth is expressed as a whole movement free of psychological time. Harmony already is, but if we are bound by the limits of our conditioning there is no harmony. 

Again it’s not about knowing or experiencing truth. Truth is action born of silence and space. Truth is only when the you ‘the thinker and the thought cease. In this state you are truth. Has nothing to do with knowing absolute truth or experiencing absolute infinity. It’s much more subtle and simple than that.?

You don’t have to do anything lol 

No body can help you either. That’s the beauty of it. Haha ? 

Thanks for your comments, I will work on cultivating that truth

3 minutes ago, TruthSeeker47 said:

Thanks for your comments, I will work on cultivating that truth

No problem. But you will see its not about cultivation of truth. When silence comes into being and mind is no longer bombarded by its conditioning only then can truth be. 

Just work on yourself and thought will quiet. But remember silence can not be cultivated. Only thought can be cultivated. Do you see that silence can not be cultivated? That cultivation of thought can not lead to silence? 

Important to remeber that through volition and thought ‘knowledge, memory, and experience can be cultivated, which implies ‘time’ ...But it’s not about cultivation of time to improve and get to that timelessness ‘silence’ but more about a comprehending or understanding of the whole of thought/ego.  In that understanding acts as its own action as silence. By seeing the falsness that cultivation of time can lead to silence this prevents one from even moving in that direction. This is intelligent action. 

Do some research

Check out the Nature and processes of thought of thought/ego and its relationship to time/timeless. To understand this a little better. 

Also check out psychological time as in the movement of becoming. Crucial step to understand time and the timeless.

It’s really interesting once you get into it?

6 minutes ago, TruthSeeker47 said:

@Faceless Okay I will get some books on those topics, have any you recommend?

I haven’t read any books on it. I have read material on psychological time. 

Mostly when I say time I mean movements of thought/ego 

Timeless being that which is result she time bound movement ceases. 

Although I learned this through self observation and inquiry I do know that Eckhart Tolle goes into psychological time. Also David Bohm and I have stumbled upon other who brought it up in quotes and such. Can’t remember there names though. 

But I have never read any books myself so. I like to go into it myself as much as possible. 

Try those and see what you get?

15 hours ago, TruthSeeker47 said:

@Faceless Okay no worries and thanks again :)

Of course. Let me know if you don’t find anything ?

16 hours ago, Faceless said:

Imponderable?? Even for a simple illiterate like me this is quiet a easy to go into. Just takes honesty. Has nothing to do with philosophy

You say it has nothing to do with philosophy but either you don't understand what philosophy is or you are ignorant of yourself philosophizing about all these ideas you purport to be the knower of. This is what you are doing, philosophizing about these ideas from an position of you knowing about them from 'going into them'.

23 hours ago, Faceless said:

One has to go into the nature of thought, ego, time, psychological becoming, fragmentation, nature of realtiy, actuality, truth... nature of fear, conflict, and division and more. 

"Just takes honesty."

17 hours ago, Faceless said:

Yet you carry all these ideas as an implied knower that you write here with you into the present moment. All the language, all the concepts and ideas, all the understanding gleaned from the past imposing itself on the present otherwise you wouldn't be on this forum writing all this. You wouldn't be able to because none of it would be possible without the remembrance of the past. "Just takes honesty."

Yet you are conforming to your own ideas that you express profusely about on this forum and profess are the "truth".... yes, "just takes honesty".

I thought you said it's freedom from the "knower" yet now it's "knowing"? So which is it? If there is knowing there is a knower. You are the one with all these complicated contradictions and conflicting words, ideas, concepts and philosophizing. If you were as free of accumulated content and conditioned mind so are being in silence you wouldn't be filling up this forum with all these words about your ideas and concepts. "Just takes honesty".

If it's not complicated why do you have all these complicated contradicting and conflicting ideas and concepts you are using to explain someone that is so simple? "Just takes honesty"

Again it’s not about knowing or experiencing truth. Truth is action born of silence and space. Truth is only when the you ‘the thinker and the thought cease. In this state you are truth. Has nothing to do with knowing absolute truth or experiencing absolute infinity. It’s much more subtle and simple than that.

You say I don't know truth and it's not about knowing or experiencing truth yet here you are saying what is or isn't truth. So which is it? We don't know truth or you know what truth is or isn't?  Yup, "just takes honesty".

If there is no knower there is nobody to know so nothing to teach and nobody to learn but I suspect you will still be on this forum filling it up with your words on ideas and concepts telling others what is the "truth". "Just takes honesty".

It is very simple, with simple awareness of the present moment and the clarity in that it is easy to see the convoluted and contradictory messages you reply with. If you truly had this space and silence you preach then so many complicated ideas and contradictory concepts wouldn't come out of you.

Honest enough?

@TruthSeeker47  

also your most likely already ware of this as it is inherent in the thinker/thought movement. Thought/and volition Functions in this direction 

2 minutes ago, SOUL said:

You say it has nothing to do with philosophy but either you don't understand what philosophy is or you are ignorant of yourself philosophizing about all these ideas you purport to be the knower of. This is what you are doing, philosophizing about these ideas from an position of you knowing about them from 'going into them'.

"Just takes honesty."

Yet you carry all these ideas as an implied knower that you write here with you into the present moment. All the language, all the concepts and ideas, all the understanding gleaned from the past imposing itself on the present otherwise you wouldn't be on this forum writing all this. You wouldn't be able to because none of it would be possible without the remembrance of the past. "Just takes honesty."

Yet you are conforming to your own ideas that you express profusely about on this forum and profess are the "truth".... yes, "just takes honesty".

I thought you said it's freedom from the "knower" yet now it's "knowing"? So which is it? If there is knowing there is a knower. You are the one with all these complicated contradictions and conflicting words, ideas, concepts and philosophizing. If you were as free of accumulated content and conditioned mind so are being in silence you wouldn't be filling up this forum with all these words about your ideas and concepts. "Just takes honesty".

If it's not complicated why do you have all these complicated contradicting and conflicting ideas and concepts you are using to explain someone that is so simple? "Just takes honesty"

You say I don't know truth and it's not about knowing or experiencing truth yet here you are saying what is or isn't truth. So which is it? We don't know truth or you know what truth is or isn't?  Yup, "just takes honesty".

If there is no knower there is nobody to know so nothing to teach and nobody to learn but I suspect you will still be on this forum filling it up with your words on ideas and concepts telling others what is the "truth". "Just takes honesty".

It is very simple, with simple awareness of the present moment and the clarity in that it is easy to see the convoluted and contradictory messages you reply with. If you truly had this space and silence you preach then so many complicated ideas and contradictory concepts wouldn't come out of you.

Honest enough?

It’s simply going into yourself. 

Ok ?

Again you don’t seem to understand. Im sorry buddy??‍♂️ 

48 minutes ago, Faceless said:

It’s simply going into yourself. 

Ok ?

Again you don’t seem to understand. Im sorry buddy??‍♂️ 

Well, "buddy" it appears you don't understand the clarity of awareness I have in revealing the contradictory nature of your complicated belief system.

This is not about adding to the mind. It’s simply observing all the contents of your own conciousness as it currently is. I’m using words to communicate which is in the form of ideas and concepts, but I’m not basing any of this off of conforming to what others have said being philosophical ideas, theorys and so on..All this is comes from exploring yourself. 

I had always somewhat observed my self throughout my life. This realization and sense of no center was accidental or not invited ‘which I later realized had to do with the ending of psychological time’....

So when I went to inquired into what had happened at that point this made my inquiry much more straight and rational. Or prevented my own bias and prejudices from interfering. I didnt have a goal in mind when inquirig. The clinging to the knower ‘which is the known’ 

This isn’t a recipe for any particular specified goal. It’s simply understanding yourself or reading the manual to yourself. I have tried to say before you can not use time ‘thought’ to silence. Once psychological time ‘all movements of psychological becoming’ end so does the knower/ the known. At that point all seeing, striving, searching and grasping for psychological security ends. 

The only thing I ever say to others is to explore themselves. Which has to do with everything I talk about. Look for yourself. Don’t miss the subtlety of it. It’s very easy to do. 

It’s not based off any belief and it’s only complicated when you think about it lol 

@Faceless You're stuck in a contradiction and don't have the clarity of awareness to recognize it even though I reveal it to you. I just wonder why you insist on teaching others this contradiction percrption and believe it to be "truth".

27 minutes ago, SOUL said:

@Faceless You're stuck in a contradiction and don't have the clarity of awareness to recognize it even though I reveal it to you. I just wonder why you insist on teaching others this contradiction percrption and believe it to be "tr

There are no contradiction here lol 

You obviously don’t understand what’s being said. You seem to be unable to suspend your bias and prejudices. Classic non clairty and inattention. I’ve notice every post you have a biased right out of the gate. Everything I talk about is gathered through self exploration. That’s all I talk about. Yeah all this is an idea to one who doesn’t see and live it actually in there daily life. 

I don’t teach anythin. Nothing can be taught. Infact all the questions are the result of past answers in the form of conceptualizations, theory’s and what not. I don’t add anything. I simply talk about stripping away the bs of the conditioned conciousness. 

Please don’t make this a back and forth waste of time. Either look into it or move on. But don’t keep wasting your and my time in resistence. Watch every reaction you make as we are going back and forth. Do you see it?? 

That’s being time bound. 

Edited by Faceless

@TruthSeeker47

Here is somthing I just found that this guy named Eckhart Tolle wrote. I’m not very familiar with him but he explains on psychological time quite nicely here....

LETTING GO OF PSYCHOLOGICAL TIME BY ECKHART TOLLE

Learn to use time in the practical aspects of your life — we may call this “clock time” — but immediately return to present-moment awareness when those practical matters have been dealt with. In this way, there will be no buildup of “psychological time,” which is identification with the past and continuous compulsive projection into the future. Clock time is not just making an appointment or planning a trip. It includes learning from the past so that we don’t repeat the same mistakes over and over. Setting goals and working toward them. Predicting the future by means of patterns and laws, physical, mathematical and so on, learned from the past and taking appropriate action on the basis of our predictions. But even here, within the sphere of practical living, where we cannot do without reference to past and future, the present moment remains the essential factor:

Any lesson from the past becomes relevant and is applied now. Any planning as well as working toward achieving a particular goal is done now. The enlightened person’s main focus of attention is always the Now, but they are still peripherally aware of time. In other words, they continue to use clock time but are free of psychological time. Be alert as you practice this so that you do not unwittingly transform clock time into psychological time.

For example, if you made a mistake in the past and learn from it now, you are using clock time. On the other hand, if you dwell on it mentally, and self-criticism, remorse, or guilt come up, then you are making the mistake into “me” and “mine”: You make it part of your sense of self, and it has become psychological time, which is always linked to a false sense of identity. Nonforgiveness necessarily implies a heavy burden of psychological time. If you set yourself a goal and work toward it, you are using clock time. You are aware of where you want to go, but you honor and give your fullest attention to the step that you are taking at this moment. If you then become excessively focused on the goal, perhaps because you are seeking happiness, fulfillment, or a more complete sense of self in it, the Now is no longer honored.

It becomes reduced to a mere stepping stone to the future, with no intrinsic value. Clock time then turns into psychological time. Your life’s journey is no longer an adventure, just an obsessive need to arrive, to attain, to “make it.” You no longer see or smell the flowers by the wayside either, nor are you aware of the beauty and the miracle of life that unfolds all around you when you are present in the Now.

I can see the supreme importance of the Now, but I cannot quite go along with you when you say that time is a complete illusion.

When I say “time is an illusion,” my intention is not to make a philosophical statement. I am just reminding you of a simple fact — a fact so obvious that you may find it hard to grasp and may even find it meaningless — but once fully realized, it can cut like a sword through all the mind-created layers of complexity and “problems.” Let me say it again: the present moment is all you ever have. There is never a time when your life is not “this moment.” Is this not a fact?

THE INSANITY OF PSYCHOLOGICAL TIME

You will not have any doubt that psychological time is a mental disease if you look at its collective manifestations. They occur, for example, in the form of ideologies such as communism, national socialism or any nationalism, or rigid religious belief systems,

which operate under the implicit assumption that the highest good lies in the future and that therefore the end justifies the means. The end is an idea, a point in the mind-projected future, when salvation in whatever form — happiness, fulfillment, equality, liberation, and so on — will be attained. Not infrequently, the means of getting there are the enslavement, torture, and murder of people in the present. For example, it is estimated that as many as fifty million people were murdered to further the cause of communism, to bring about a “better world” in Russia, China, and other countries.2 This is a chilling example of how belief in a future heaven creates a present hell. Can there be any doubt that psychological time is a serious and dangerous mental illness?

How does this mind pattern operate in your life? Are you always trying to get somewhere other than where you are? Is most of your doing just a means to an end? Is fulfillment always just around the corner or confined to short-lived pleasures, such as sex, food, drink, drugs, or thrills and excitement? Are you always focused on becoming, achieving, and attaining, or alternatively chasing some new thrill or pleasure? Do you believe that if you acquire more things you will become more fulfilled, good enough, or psychologically complete? Are you waiting for a man or woman to give meaning to your life? In the normal, mind-identified or unenlightened state of consciousness, the power and infinite creative potential that lie concealed in the Now are completely obscured by psychological time. Your lifethen loses its vibrancy, its freshness, its sense of wonder. The old patterns of thought, emotion, behavior, reaction, and desire are acted out in endless repeat performances, a script in your mind that gives you an identity of sorts but distorts or covers up the reality of the Now. The mind then creates an obsession with the future as an escape from the unsatisfactory present.

All negativity is caused by an accumulation of psychological time and denial of the present. Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry — all forms of fear — are caused by too much future, and not enough presence. Guilt, regret, resentment, grievances, sadness, bitterness, and all forms of nonforgiveness are caused by too much past, and not enough presence. Most people find it difficult to believe that a state of consciousness totally free of all negativity is possible. And yet this is the liberated state to which all spiritual teachings point. It is the promise of salvation, not in an illusory future but right here and now.

You may find it hard to recognize that time is the cause of your suffering or your problems. You believe that they are caused by specific situations in your life, and seen from a conventional viewpoint, this is true. But until you have dealt with the basic problem-making dysfunction of the mind — its attachment to past and future and denial of the Now — problems are actually interchangeable. If all your problems or perceived causes of suffering or unhappiness were miraculously removed for you today, but you had not become more present, more conscious, you would soon find yourself with a similar set of problems or causes of suffering, like a shadow that follows you wherever you go.

Ultimately, there is only one problem: the time-bound mind itself. I cannot believe that I could ever reach a point where I am completely free of my problems. You are right. You can never reach that point because you are at that point now. There is no salvation in time. You cannot be free in the future. Presence is the key to freedom, so you can only be free now.

Eckhart tolle

Well I hope this gives you some understanding of the illusion of psychological time. Now just observe that movment take place in ones self?

Edited by Faceless

Good are Bad are points of view. 

EGO is the physical/focus mechanism of self preservation, survival.

We reconsolidate the ego each time we fly into the core of the earth, so in other words we ride the dragon.

<3

You understand reality through EGO, the thing is to updated it every day.

<3