TruthSeeker47

Can the ego ever be good?

80 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Got to self inquire?

That's an insight, now I see clearly the function of thought appearing in awareness.

^_^

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

1 minute ago, abrakamowse said:

That's an insight, now I see clearly the function of thought appearing in awareness.

^_^

:)

12 minutes ago, Faceless said:

:)

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

?

:D

Lol... no more emojis hehehe

On 4/9/2018 at 8:44 PM, TruthSeeker47 said:

@Nahm Either one is plausible i don't know

That was fun, but future reference, don’t sit at the bar if you’re just gonna pass out in 10 minutes. ❤️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 9-4-2018 at 8:23 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

I don't think two people share the same definition of Ego

This. Can the ego be good? Sure, if you believe it to be so.

It's the same as asking can green be a nice color?

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

@Nahm Fuck you dude i stopped replying because I was trying to understand what you meant. There is no reason to shame me for trying

18 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@TruthSeeker47  There is no assertion. 

This is self inquiry. 

Self inquiry must go much much deeper than that though?..One has to go into the nature of thought, ego, time, psychological becoming, fragmentation, nature of realtiy, actuality, truth... nature of fear, conflict, and division and more. 

@TruthSeeker47

Might want to investigate the art of inquiry a little more in-depth on your own. Also pay a lot of attention to the nature of thought/ego and its tendency to move in the direction to become psychologically secure. Psychological time ‘movement in becoming’ is significantly important. Start with these so you can develop a sense of freedom from you own bias and prejudices so the inquiry can run a little more honestly. Because thought will deceave itself when ever it goes undetected. 

If you inquire deep into these along with fear and the compulsion to escape fear you will develop a capacity to detect these movments to self deceive and can rip them out at the root before they grow out of control. You will be able to navigate the corridors of thought more efficiently without identifying with thoughts which will lead to distortion, contradiction, and prepetual conflict. If there is a tendency to get caught up psychologically your ability to think rationally, logically, and reasonably will prevent the inquiry from running straight. 

One must remember you are alone in this. We are responsible for our own state of being. Don’t waste your time listening to people that you aren’t even sure live what they preach. Be your own teacher. 

And most importantly enjoy exploring yourself?

Anyway good luck ? 

A good ego is a balance and full acceptance of evil. An ego like that makes less harm. Being selfish and fully aware will go full circle into being selfless.

There's no You and an ego, the ego is you, and you are helpless against it. There's no one to fight against, and no one to fight. It's fighting windmills until you give up.

@TruthSeeker47  Complete identification with self isn't that peaceful, which is what I would prefer it to be (peaceful), so if good would equal peaceful/no suffering, then no, it can't.

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

1 hour ago, Faceless said:

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@TruthSeeker47  There is no assertion. 

This is self inquiry. 

Self inquiry must go much much deeper than that though?..One has to go into the nature of thought, ego, time, psychological becoming, fragmentation, nature of realtiy, actuality, truth... nature of fear, conflict, and division and more

For sure ❤️. That’s a great recipe to no self, empty cup.

Then the real work can start.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

For sure ❤️. That’s a great recipe to no self, empty cup

?The beauty of it is if there is a emtiness, timeless, ceasing of the center, or the knower and the known come to an end then all that I s left is wholeness, intelligence, creation, and love /compassion. 

It’s not the understanding/experiencing of non duality but more the non experiencing through the dualistic realm that the other comes into being. 

This is what I mean by this timeless state not being dependent on time. It’s quite simple. If there is a total ceasing of the center ‘being a seeing without the knower influenced by the known’ only then can the illusionary sense of  seperatness be integrated to wholeness. When there is no sense of ‘the knower’ and all that is left is awareness this is what people refer to as non dual. And as we have said before in our conversations it’s all about embodiment?

You see @TruthSeeker47

A great way to think of it is you don’t want to go beyond where you haven’t yet begun. 

Its very important that you simply investigate the nature of yourself as it is actually at present time. Not controlling, suppressing, trying to change what is to what you want to be, but simply observing with total attention. The cluttered mind will cease to manifest itself in contradiction and confusion.. There will be a deep rooted quietness.  Or what is known as space/silence. 

I hope you see the significance of exploring yourself buddy. When there is silence/space then truth is.??

10 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Faceless ❤️ Who do you think you’re talking to?

Well lol, who ever is reading these posts. 

Which i see as MYSELF??‍♂️

It depends on what one defines as "ego" but what one defines as "good" also plays a huge role in answering the question "can the ego be good?"

2 hours ago, Faceless said:

One has to go into the nature of thought, ego, time, psychological becoming, fragmentation, nature of realtiy, actuality, truth... nature of fear, conflict, and division and more. 

That's quite a list of the most imponderable topics of philosophy and you are suggesting "one has to go into" all of those and more? Actually, one doesn't have to go into any of that to just be present in the moment, you are just foisting your personal opinion of what matters to you as being important for others, too.

I have a sense of well being, peace and fulfillment in just being without the use of this complicated ideology of yours. Awakening and self awareness can be a very simple exercise that even the most simple minded individual can self examine from a simple perspective.

So though your own more complicated perspective works for you it isn't any more of a "truth" than any other experience of it and there is no "has to go into" about it.