Empty

The Price of seeking Truth...All of my dear friends have left me

38 posts in this topic

The price of seeking truth is finding yourself. That is the price. If you don't want that then return to the external/whatever else. Everyone is already enlightened, isn't it so? what everyone says? So why be on some "lonely" path that only the "wretched" walks? The warmth of others is so much better, isn't it?

Edited by student

friends are just a pointless distraction... time you could be spending else where like in meditation or your life purpose. 

If you're loosing friends, think of it like loosing the love of playing video games... because that's the level talking and hanging out with friends is.

Consciously choosing to stop hanging out with people and people not wanting to hang out with you are two different things. 

Inability to connect with others is either a problem of low consciousness in certan areas, or of VERY VERY high consciousness. Rarely is it one in-between. And even then it's clear that sages and highly actualize beings cherish connection and friendship. 

It's common for people to feel alienated because of their inability to connect or understand social dynamics and then project it as them being above the curve.

It's true that if you're really expanding at a quick rate (massive changes in personality, lifestyle, behavior), people around you will get uncomfortable and try to box you back into your old self... but they're not going to start dropping like flies.

9 hours ago, electroBeam said:

friends are just a pointless distraction... time you could be spending else where like in meditation or your life purpose. 

If you're loosing friends, think of it like loosing the love of playing video games... because that's the level talking and hanging out with friends is.

nope... sorry, don't buy it.

Relationships are a very important part of becoming self actualized, and they will always reflect where you're at in life. 

Can you love and get along with all people? Can you be relaxed under social circumstances? Can you find the value in just laughing and talking random ridiculous shit with a friend? If yes, only then do you have the privilege of choosing to be above these things. If not, then you're not actually choosing. You're just reflexively running away from painful feelings inside yourself and telling yourself that you choose not to spend time with friends because it's a waste of time. 

Friends and friendship is one of my most beautiful and fulfilling parts about being human. 

Edited by Arman

The rewards outweigh the price more than you can possibly imagine. Beyond comprehension. The key is to trust :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

I do the same as you do  ,  it's not wise  ,  we missing the entire point of self actualization. 

Let's say you got into consciousness work  ,  so you wanna go from dependency to indenpency in the emotional realm  ,  but when you judge  ,  criticize and feel as above you just deepen your dependency. It's tricky ! 

Acceptance is key. Start noticing yourself in others. 

11 hours ago, electroBeam said:

bruh, you guys dont understand enlightenment, enlightenment is not stop doing things you enjoy..

Sure, sometimes you might not do them to find the truth but enlightenment is just enjoy things to its maximum, no matter if its a videogame or talking with friends.

You guys want to free yourselves but dont understand that considering some activities as "should nots" you are really trapping yourselves, not freeing.

On 09/04/2018 at 1:09 AM, Nahm said:

Sounds like it’s not so much “All my dear friends have left me”, but more a conscious choice you’re making. Just a thought in hopes it helps.

you are right, my friend. It's very interesting how the ego always keeps mentioning others, but forget itself. 

@Empty For sure. Even the non dual wake up to homeostasis on the daily. Thank God!. Lmao. Burn it all down again - freakin delicious! Be careful with everyone. When the circle is done, there will only be so much time left for apologies, only so many tears. The ‘least conscious’ person you know gives you the biggest gift, don’t refuse it. It’s all hidden so well. So perfectly. Don’t listen to me too much though, I think I know stuff. ❤️

The price of seeking, is self imposed.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Empty You really need to integrate spirituality with life/friendship/family or they will think you turned into Mr. Spock.

mr spock.jpg

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

The ‘least conscious’ person you know gives you the biggest gift, don’t refuse it. It’s all hidden so well. So perfectly. 

The price of seeking, is self imposed.

this is wonderful! I have to keep this in mind. every 'unpleasant' encounter is a chance to be loving, a well meaning hand to offer people stuck in destructive patterns a possibility to climb up the emotional spiral. <3

emotion-spiral.png

whatever arises, love that

Why not just rise above the care whether you have friends or not, and watch life unfold with or without them

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

On 4/8/2018 at 3:47 PM, Empty said:

Many of my friend do not see me anymore. More are leaving...and I also wish I could disappear once and for all 

That's because you think you're special, and now you want to be around other folks who also think they're special.  

On 4/8/2018 at 4:00 PM, Empty said:

The more I seek, the more I isolate myself. Thus, losing my friends..  

The moe I seek, the more I am honest. Thus, losing my friends...

Just admit this has nothing to do with seeking and spirituality and you'll be okay.  You're deceiving yourself, and it's really fucked up seeing the bad advice here telling you to further isolate.

Grace

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

@Empty

Losing friends can happen as you progress in this work because you will no longer resonate with each other. But the whole idea that spiritual work means you have be like this "lone ranger" is just not true at all. And I've found that the people who resonate with this concept are usually the people who had a lot of negative social experiences growing up.

If anything, spiritual growth should mean that you're projecting a better energy out into the world that makes other people want to be around you. But that's harder than it sounds and many people never get to that point.

Friends come and go man, it can be a positive thing too because it'll force you to be more social and interact with new people

3 hours ago, aurum said:

If anything, spiritual growth should mean that you're projecting a better energy out into the world that makes other people want to be around you. But that's harder than it sounds and many people never get to that point

So true man. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

He speaks the truth. If one follows the natural way one will find friends on the 1% of the human population only. 

<3