dude

Shamanic Breathing Mega-Thread

391 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Source_Mystic said:

@Leo Gura  So are you going to correct your errors and stop spreading misinformation  and be transparent and nonbias or are you going to hide behind a shroud of willed ingnoance and avoidance.  

This technique causes extended oxygen deprevation. That is lack of oxygen to your brain body and organs for the entire duration you pracice it. 

Man, this breathing technique resembles the ones I use when I'm exercising (swimming or running). I think that's when my body needs more oxygen. I'm no scientists to state anything but I would be more worried of running a marathon than doing this breathing technique. 

Well not really, because a lot of people run marathons and don't die and holothropic breathing is kind of new and there isn't that much info. 

Edited by Javier
Update

@Source_Mystic I've already addressed your issue. You are being hysterical. If you don't like the technique, don't do it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I've done 15 minutes.

I felt a sort of emotionnal release with warmth arround my cheeks as it usually does for me.

Aside from that breathing wasn't that hard felt sometimes scary but no headaches or anything. Doesn't feel different from when I'm swimming for instance.

I had two things :

• For like 5 minutes after it I had some sort of slight foggy effect on my vision and by that I mean as if REAL fog was injected in my surrounding with photoshop. Felt very strange/strippy.
  • Didn't know what to do about saliva so had to swalow it super fast.

so would you guys do this technique before or after meditation for more spiritual gainz ? xD

shamanic/holotropic breathing report WEEK 2

Duration: 20 minutes (last week was 15)

Experience: 

-first heat in my head, then tingling in the middle of my chest area (4th chakra area) and tingling in middle of stomach area (3rd chakra area)

-squirming around started earlier (around 5 minute mark)

-was kicking off the blanket/reaching my hands toward the ceiling/rolling over to my side

-random sexual urges that last a minute

-saying i love the world over and over

RECOVERY:

much quicker than last time, took a total of 5 minutes.

-I first saw my 4 year old self and had a random inner-child healing moment there saying stuff like "i love you so much" and even talking back in a toddler voice saying "thank you" i started hugging myself

-afterwards i got a very scary sensation of fear mixed with sadness around my heart area that lasted about 30 seconds

-then i got up and drank water and typed this up :D

37 minutes ago, Pernani said:

so would you guys do this technique before or after meditation for more spiritual gainz ? xD

Do it before meditation dude,  and do meditation directly after because 1 you need the rest.  2 youre pretty brain dead (quiet mind) and 3 youll be tripping into all sorts of meditative states.

Edited by blazed

@Leo Gura I was unaware that you had taken any corrective action.  What and how did you correct the previous errors ? 

Your video on the subject has not changed ?  Have you researched the topic?  Have you been honest with your community that it is oxygen deprevation causing the effcts? 

How has this been resolved exactly ? 

I am not being hysterical that would be a projection of your mind.

I just want you to eather research the pracice yourself  and tell you commnity what is the mechinism aka reason the  experance is happening  OR I want you to tell people you are too lazy to do the reasearch and that it is ok to make decisions based on ignorance and bias instead knowledge and wisdom

I expect you to live up to your own standards ..... 

Or I guess you can just avoid this post like all the others that seems to be your new path. Enlightenment though avoidance and deflection.  

What I am asking is simple concede that the effects are from lack of oxygen And that the reason the effects are happing are that through his technique you are starving your brain of the oxygen it needs untill it basically can not function. This is the truth so why is it so hard for you to admit ?  

Edited by Source_Mystic

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

@Source_Mystic and i was aware that you said "back to my cave to do my work please do not expect me to respond as my withdraw from this forum is deliberate so I have more time to do what needs to be done on my path." on your post earlier? WHy do you keep coming back to argue, people obviously arent going to drop this just because you keep commenting...

Just did about 10 minutes, started feeling tingling in my hands, it then spread through my legs and other lower areas of my body, then the whole area started vibrating intensely, I stopped at the point and meditated, my whole body was having intense vibrations like I've never experienced before, I just observed it vipassana style, the experience was very pleasant.

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

I do it for about 10 minutes hardly feel anything but, I get the urges to yawn and stretch often. 

24 minutes ago, Source_Mystic said:

@Leo Gura I was unaware that you had taken any corrective action.  What and how did you correct the previous errors ? 

the rabbit hole deepens. 

Memento Mori

Okay guys it's been several hours since my very first session and this technique is AMAZING if it's your cup of tea.

Oh boy! My first report ever.

Preparation - the day before doing breathwork

When I heard that I will be alone in my house until the early afternoon, I got super excited - I wanted to try this technique.

I rewatched the video about it. After that, my intuition told me to do a short test run, so I did it for like 4-5 minutes. Intense vibration in my hand, feeling the blockages in my heart and throat chakra. I felt lightheaded and craved oxygen for the next hour. Because of this, I decided that I will do 20 minutes instead of 30.

I made the audio for the session. I downloaded prehistoric music and added gongs at the 10, 15 and 17,5-minute mark. These were the intervals where I could allow myself to stop. After that, I set an alarm and went to sleep.

The setup

After I woke up I immediately drank water, brought 2 blankets and a pillow to the biggest furniture-free area - the setup went smoothly.

Before starting doing the breathing technique, I felt a mix of excitement and fear. I hit play, laid down and off I went.

The next 17,5 minutes and recovery

The first ten minutes went smoothly. The vibration in my hand wasn't that intense this time - maybe because of the occasional microspasms.

10-17,5 minutes: The vibration became more intense and the microspasms happened just the tiny bit more often. I didn't feel any emotions - different techniques work for different people, I thought. I don't know why I turned it off at the 17,5-minute mark - which has really hard because of the vibration in my hands.

My body started shaking like never before. I felt I was shaking off the subtle suffering of everyday life. I got the idea to take a cold shower which later turned out to be a hot one because I wanted to test if I am just shivering or am I really purging this much tension from my body - it turned out to be the latter.

I was left with neck pain for an hour or two - most likely of energetic origin - and the insight that I should connect with my body.

This is a technique that one should use carefully but it has alot of potential.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

So, I have yet to post my experience, I guess you could say I had some really important shifts, although, I never got like amazing, psychedelic shifts but still really important things from this.

some insights --> 

- my first time doing it was pretty stark, I put on my playlist that I use to help me think and get me in touch with my emotions. --> 

I did end up crying, a lot actually. This was the first time, after it was over my body felt complete utter peace, like I could just sit in the lotus position all day until I fell asleep. that was great.

but I want to talk about my experience when I decided to drink and try this, and I know, not exactly the best idea but I was curious and my intuition was telling me to try it out because I didn't think a lot of people would try it while being drunk and to me that was worth writing here about. My intent with the alcohol was purely for spiritual growth. Nothing else. 

So here's what I did, over the hour I was making mixed drinks until I started to feel like "Okay, this is the state of being drunk I'm looking for." just a little bit more than tipsy, I made in total 3 cocktails over the hour of 2oz of gin for each drink. 

so I got drunk and it was time to sit down and do the technique. I got comfortable, put on my music and started it. 

within about 5 minutes I was already tapping into my emotions, I wanted to go as deep as I could, I started to dig into my past of how I've ended up where I am today and how if I could of have had a little more confidence, strength and perseverance how different my life would be. This time I'd cried harder than I have ever before. almost made it difficult to continue the technique, but I kept going, this was at the 20 minute mark. 

after all the crying, and the thinking of all this, taking all the lessons, there was a huge sigh of relief to just be made aware of this lesson. it showed me the power of courage, strength and the ability to take action, being vulnerable and being uncertain, taking chances. after it was over and the timer was up I just laid there, and eventually passed out. 

This shamanic/holotropic breathing technique for me has -->

- helped me get in touch with my emotions on a very, very deep level.

- it's made me more conscious to what my body is doing during sleep.

- it's made me more conscious to the power of focusing on your breath to calm yourself down.

- it's made me fully realize this principle --> "when you can't control your mind, control your body" and vice versa, getting a direct experience of what that really means.  

- it's made me more conscious of how my body works and how it copes and deals with things.

and I'm looking forward to learning a lot more, glad I learned about this technique.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

Two days ago I did it for 10 minutes, I felt dizzy and numbness in my limps, but I didn’t experience any unusual things like out of body experience, hallucinations or any rype of traumatic experience.

Yesterday I tried again for 30 minutes I got the same sensations as before but with more feeling of numbness also this time I felt so tired that I fall asleep right after the exercise.

However, in both of these exercise sessions I think I maybe had a glimpse of a glimpse of what enlightenment is: I realize I am not identified with my body or my thoughts/mind or even my awareness/ consciousness, but when all of those “fall apart” then what’s left of me? I was thinking maybe I am not real thing I mean that thing I call “I” is not and never was real. This is possible it didn’t even surprise me.

But there is something else I felt and that is if I am not define with body, thoughts or consciousness then maybe I am reality! Now reality sound weird to me, what we mean by reality? Are we speaking of particles that construct the universe? Scientifically speaking: I don’t know, but remember I am talking here about how I felt and I am not claiming breakthrough in cosmology: It felt like reality is what will be left if you remove everything that you think is real!! For example: remove consciousness and subjective experience with it and remove all matter and energy and space-time from the universe and what’s left is reality. Now I am not very good at explaining inner feelings so I hope that was clear enough.  

3 hours ago, blazed said:

Do it before meditation dude,  and do meditation directly after because 1 you need the rest.  2 youre pretty brain dead (quiet mind) and 3 youll be tripping into all sorts of meditative states.

will do my friend, I'm all in for some trips :D

@Source_Mystic

I totally agree with you. the other day i was outside. it was weird it was a normal day 75 degrees F but i started experiencing massive amounts of pain in my legs. like it was this huge pressure. it was extremely uncomfortable and i wanted it to stop, but it didnt go away. my back started to ache a bit too, my nose was running, i was feeling shortness of breath, and in all honesty i thought i would pass out. i looked online and these are similar characteristics to someone who has seizures! i thought maybe this was a symptom of my shamanic breathing the other day. so I called up my doctor. he said, "d0ornokey, these are actually symptoms that occur when youre doing intense exercise, is that what you were doing?". "yes, dr., yes I was". hahaha :P moral: uncomfortable symptoms =/= bad. (this story did not actually happen)

you might experience fear, insecurity, and many other negative emotions when running a business. but are those necessarily bad things? no. they actually make you more emotionally mature, if you allow it to. 

however, if you are expericning those same emotions but are being abused by another person, then yes, those same negative emotions are bad! 

Edited by d0ornokey

On 4/21/2018 at 1:57 PM, Source_Mystic said:

Your video on the subject has not changed ?  Have you researched the topic?  Have you been honest with your community that it is oxygen deprevation causing the effcts? 

How has this been resolved exactly ? 

I am not being hysterical that would be a projection of your mind.

I just want you to eather research the pracice yourself  and tell you commnity what is the mechinism aka reason the  experance is happening  OR I want you to tell people you are too lazy to do the reasearch and that it is ok to make decisions based on ignorance and bias instead knowledge and wisdom

I expect you to live up to your own standards ..... 

Or I guess you can just avoid this post like all the others that seems to be your new path. Enlightenment though avoidance and deflection.  

What I am asking is simple concede that the effects are from lack of oxygen And that the reason the effects are happing are that through his technique you are starving your brain of the oxygen it needs untill it basically can not function. This is the truth so why is it so hard for you to admit ?  

Yes, the effects could be due to lack of oxygen due to an initial increase in oxygen, which then leads to an even greater increase in CO2, which is what then produces the beneficial effects.

The reason I am unconcerned about this is because this is technical minutia. It does not matter to me if this technique ultimately works via net total oxygen deprivation. I have done enough research to see that the technique is reasonably safe and beneficial for the majority of people doing it responsibly.

BTW, early Christian Baptism worked by submerging the head underwater until the person nearly drowned. Triggering a near-death experience. That is real mysticism for ya. Spiritual techniques can be pretty hardcore. And I don't consider Shamanic Breathing anywhere near as dangerous.

Having technical knowledge does not reduce ignorance nor increase wisdom. You could have the CO2 mechanism right, but your conclusion about not doing Shamanic Breathing could still be wrong. This would be the greater mistake. My concern is not debating scientific minutia (which is always subject to error and misleading interpretations such as you are doing) but with high-level, holistic understanding -- which is where my advice comes from. My advice is never based on technical studies, but on a deeper holistic intuitive understanding of reality.

What you are claiming as scientific fact is actually your interpretation. You are misusing science by taking it so much on face-value, without proper context. You are ignoring the extent to which your mind is interpreting "the facts".

I did not take any corrective action because none is needed. What I did was address your concerns by pointing out that you are taking your science out of context. Obviously you disagree, and you're free to do so.

Tens of thousands of people have done Shamanic Breathing without damage in workshops all over the world. That is proof enough for me. This isn't rocket science.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Ok finally tried this...  Gosh I don't know how people do this for so long... I made it about 15 seconds before my lungs hurt so bad (that out of shape burn). My face flooded with heat and then after I stopped it felt like intense vibrations like I get if i wake up in sleep paralysis, all throughout my face and ears. My ears were tingling so much! This lasted for about another minute. 

Wow I have never felt such strong vibrations, much much stronger than a body buzz you get from being high or drunk. 

Am I just more sensitive to this? Most people seem to be reporting tingling after 10 minutes, not 15 seconds! I do smoke so perhaps I have different oxygen levels... 

(edit) I tried again, I must have been breathing too deep and fast that first time. This time I let it find its own rhythm and was able to last a few minutes, but definitely a good exercise for a cig smoker lol. (very very light smoker, mind you) I noticed the rhythm changed at least 4 or 5 times during my go, sometimes feeling like I was directing the breath, and sometimes following it. I let it find its own rhythm but consciously kept no pauses in between. Is this the correct way to do it, or should I also focus on a steady pace? 

Didn't feel the tingling in my head but in my hands this time. Then again, I had them behind my head this time so it's hard to tell if it was the going to sleep feeling, or tingling from the breathing because the feeling is similar. This definitely felt stronger than usual hands- going - to sleep vibrations, although it could have been a combination of the two.

It's almost like it is activating the energy channels, at the chakra points maybe? Or at least the meridians.  Perhaps different breathing rates and deepness affects different meridians/chakra points, energy blockages, trauma locations... 

Edited by starsofclay

On 4/17/2018 at 7:14 PM, Leo Gura said:

@blazed Of course, you're worried that you'll die. Quite understandable. But then again, what is death really?

It doesn't exist

:ph34r:(?):ph34r: