Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlwaysBeNice

Conscious napping as spiritual practice

3 posts in this topic

In my experience, sitting still, awake and seated, meditation is probably gives the best results. But if you practice a lot, you might feel burned after some time, perhaps conscious napping will be of aid.

I have found to it to be an easy yet still effective tool for consciousness work. 

It's underrated maybe because we might associate it with laziness and feel guilty about it.

-

So here's how it works: go lie down, go into semi-sleep states, keep your attention with awareness, so try not to fall asleep to easily, and just meditate throughout the waking or dream state.

It's different from wake induced lucid dreaming because with LDing, you try to focus on going into a dream world, but here we focus on who we are. 

-

Here are some elaboration based on my own experience (and having studied LDing for some time).

Also, it will be subjective so follow your own experience or intuition.

-Lying down on your back is probably easiest to stay remain as awake as you can, but lying on your side can be just fine as well in my experience.

-Try to be as still as possible and rest the attention in the still Feeling Being that is I Am (awake stillness is the gateway to the absolute (awake stillness = same as not knowing).

-At some point you will feel good/relaxed, at that point, you're probably close to falling asleep:

now you must watch out that you don't enter sleep unconsciously out of habit. So do something to keep yourself awake, though just noticing it might be enough, I tend to focus on my body and do some deep breathing, or open my eyes, but also try not leave your relaxed state.

Now you try to remain awake and enjoy the relaxed state to continue your spiritual practice in, at some point you probably will fall into a dream, yet maybe you can even continue the spiritual practice in your dream (to me this always happens because it's what I am always doing when awake).

-Use waking up also as a practice to see the similarity between the dream/waking state: an arising in the mind.

Peace

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

15 hours ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

-Use waking up also as a practice to see the similarity between the dream/waking state: an arising in the mind.

That's interesting. I recently had a total awakening while I was asleep, and I remember noticing there being no difference at all between the dream and the waking state. I wouldnt even call it a lucid dream, it was beyond that. I was as conscious as I am right now. Yet, in a different place, so to speak.

Waking up from that was weird as hell. Its like waking up while being awake already. :ph34r:

Thanks for this. I will try it.