Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

Holotropic BreathWork trip report

15 posts in this topic

I apologies in advance for making this, I dont usually post my insights and experiences online, but the ego is waay too excited over this one.

I tried Leo's shamanistic breathe work techniques 20 minutes ago

background relevant to trip report

I have read a lot about the shaman spirit world

I am very eager to try psychedelics, yet cant because of my living conditons.

setting

Me and my girlfriend were going to our local gym. Theres a beautiful park out the back, so while she went to the gym, I went ans lied down in the park, facing this beautiful tree that looks like the willow in avatar.

So i started doing the shamanistic breath. 

5 minutes in: I feel the normal sensation: my chest gets tight and feels like a piano is on it, my head feels light, my body vibrates a lot.

10 minutes in: Same stuff happens, yet I begin to contemplate about the tree, and its connection to the earth. my mouth is dry, my chest is in pain from the workout its doing.

20 minutes in:  the pain in my chest starts to leave. its like my body has given up fighting me to stop breathing heavily. I also feel quite still... not as still as I am during my meditation practice, but still quite present.

35 minutes in: The fun cool bit: I began to see the objects in the world from a different perspective. Words dont give this experience justice, yet the tree started to look as though it has a spirit. It was like the 3D world was connected to a 4D world, and in that 4D world was a spirit, yet this experience was directly accessible in awareness.

It was like an optical illusion, I saw the tree 1 way, then saw it a completely different way. And that way was just as real as the 1st way(which is ordinary consciousness) In fact, the way I saw it back then felt more real.

The interesting part was, it wasnt as though I had left my current world, and gone to another world, I was still in the same world, still in the same park, next to the gym, except the gym wasnt a gym anymore, it was a structure with a soul. Still looked like a gym, but it wasnt a gym. Its like the 'gym' part was an overlay my brain laid on it, and ive uncovered that sheet and seen what's behind it. Same with the trees and anything else.

And it wasnt like being drunk either. My perception was the same, it was just that I saw it from a different perspective.

40 minutes in: my girlfriend came back and I walked off. Everything was the same, except that cloth was pulled off.

It took 3 minutes to get out of that state, and now it seems like a dream.

Takeaway: I dont believe what I saw(rven though what i saw felt more real than the reality im in now), yet its opened me up to the realization that the world can literally morph depending on how you look at it.

I didnt experience hallucinations, or strange visions, or even bad emotional trauma as leo repeatedly talked about. And im skeptical of whether this experience is worth pursuing, rather than just for fun.

Post your trip reports or questions below!

Edited by electroBeam

Mmm, excited to try this technique when I get home from work. 

I think only doing it one time is a little quick to dismiss it. At the very, very least do it for a week straight.

Was being outside making it harder to focus?

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

Takeaway: I dont believe what I saw(rven though what i saw felt more real than the reality im in now), yet its opened me up to the realization that the world can literally morph depending on how you look at it.

@electroBeam From this statement I have a good idea of what your talking about. It's sort of a Samadhi experience with reality. I have woods behind my house and I often sit there after meditation and allow the mind to become perfectly still until there is no separation between perception and reality. It's as if reality morphs into a single infinite field and becomes super hi definition and even the colors become brighter. It's clumsy to really put into words but I tried to explain it the best I can. I like the silence of the woods because it gets me away from familiar surroundings that keep me stuck in my identification. But in the woods I become pure perception with no associations/identifications and labels. It feels as if God is looking through theses eyes.

38 minutes ago, Truth said:

Was being outside making it harder to focus?

Too hard to answer with good judgment since this is the first time I have done it. But the best answer I can give you is, I believe the beauty of the nature around me helped collapse some of the views I had about objects in the 3D world. The tree was particularly important, and catalyzed the experience or realization. I could sense that, without that stimuli, the experience probably wouldn't of been as profound, or at the very least very different to what I witnessed. 

22 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@electroBeam  It feels as if God is looking through theses eyes.

Yeah almost, I've had experiences similar to "reality morphs into a single infinite field". This experience was very similar, yet less profound. It is of a different flavor to the experience you're describing. The experience you're describing is more of a merging with god directly. In the contrary this experience wasn't necessarily a merging with reality (felt more like the pre stage, or the stage that's directly prior to the merging) and the objects in the scene were not recognised as being apart of absolute infinity, but rather of a different form. It was like seeing an optical illusion (the one where the square changes direction). The tree changed from being a tree, to (I can barely remember now as the experience has no words in english) now I'm going to just try my hardest to describe it (this is definitely a map rather than the territory haha) as if it was apart of an eternal source, a source that had access to other forms of the world. This to me was percieved as a spirit, because it was connected to a 4th dimension so to speak.

24 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

This to me was percieved as a spirit, because it was connected to a 4th dimension so to speak.

@electroBeam I haven't experienced that directly but after the experience I described I can see how Native Americans believed in an unseen "Spirit world" that connects everything.  A Tao, so to speak.

3 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@electroBeam I haven't experienced that directly but after the experience I described I can see how Native Americans believed in an unseen "Spirit world" that connects everything.  

and the fact that they actually worked with it so precisely and had so much mastery over such a subtle form is amazing! Wow they healed people through this perspective. Its hard enough to just experience it...

@cetus56 No, I'd imagine they would be appropriate for shrooms, so I never bothered, did you?

@electroBeam I read all his books but no shrooms at the time. Just reading the books alone opened up a whole new world of possibility to explore.

A wise man once said: Focus on the breath ;)

B R E A T H E

5 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Too hard to answer with good judgment since this is the first time I have done it. But the best answer I can give you is, I believe the beauty of the nature around me helped collapse some of the views I had about objects in the 3D world. The tree was particularly important, and catalyzed the experience or realization. I could sense that, without that stimuli, the experience probably wouldn't of been as profound, or at the very least very different to what I witnessed. 

Interesting, I definitely will do one outside at a secluded place so if people see me it doesn't look like I'm pretending to be a fish out of water ?

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori