daniel695

false belief about being gay

6 posts in this topic

hi guys, i have this false belief thought which randomly pop multiple times a day about being gay. the quote is "i'm gay". i'm not quite sure how this belief came to be but its annoying since i'm straight and like girls. honestly i even dream about girls and what not. i remember as a kid this one event where a friend of my dad asked my dad what about if your son turns out is gay something along those line and hearing my dads response 'is he crazy' why would he be gay. hearing this talk scared be a i was terrified if i would turn out gay, remember i was a kid. i have not had a girlfriend yet and i'm in my twenties.this did get me to doubt my self  if im gay or not even though i know i'm straight.

what should i do about this false belief?

i have tried contemplating this and where it could of came from and also tried Byron katie the work by her and gotten some results from it with other belief.

I have a technique from Teal Swan. Try to get to the core of your 'false' believe, by asking one of these questions and then continue question your answers until you reached the core (when you can't question it any futher) ;

- Why would that be a bad thing?

- What would it mean if that were true?

If you want to resolve childhood trauma, try shadow-work (google it for helpfull resources). My personal preference is the Completion Process by Teal Swan.

Good luck with your journey! ?

I think that fear of your dad's disapproval probably is playing with your head. On the other hand, growing to be open to possibilities is triggering things. In my opinion, no one can be 100% of anything and if you are, you are a really rare creature! Be open to be less than a straight person and love yourself either way. This process of thinking hurts you more than helping you to find yourself. Having a more positive approach helps, also to get an actual answer. 

Someone put that belief in your mind, by thoughts, television or subliminal images. Being gay is just an awaken state when instead of looking for yourself inside, you look outside and in consequence is a social thing not something harmonic, like education or personalities.