WildeChilde

One Book Vs. Multiple Books At A Time

14 posts in this topic

What do y’all normally do, and why do you find it to be the better way?

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

I've tried reading multiple books at once a couple of times but I find that for me it's better to have one book to be committed to. I'm aware some people have no trouble reading multiple at the same time, but in my case I start half-assing books if I do it this way.

Bottomline, find out what works for you. I think this is different for everyone.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

hmm. If your reading multiple "technique" books, then don't. it will confuse you. But its ok to mix theory ones. As long as you have fairly good concentration. 

I only read books if I want to get something out of them, if I have a sincere desire to know, I don't force myself to read them, for the sake of just reading. I can read multiple books, usually all of them different in the subject, but I can get absorbed by one book and read it in three days or so. Currently I am reading multiple books, each of them different in topic. I don't care about how long it takes to finish them, I care only about the content.

There is no fixed way of doing things. You know better how you want to do it and why, most importantly, you do it. People get bored of books or half-read them because they don't actually want to sincerely read the book, they don't know why they are reading. The purpose is not to finish books, it is gathering the informations (any kind) you desire, and then naturally benefit from them.

Be careful with reading multiple books at once because it will be harder to implement the teachings. Its Easy to fall in Then trap Of reading books and doing nothing but mentally masturbating. You want to really immerse yourself in a book so the practical aspects are easier to implement in your Life.

I'm going to start off with the kundalini and kriya yoga book, it is my first time thinking about reading any of the books in Leos list, what do you guys think? is it the best books to start off with?

On 7.4.2018 at 6:39 PM, Raymondo said:

I'm going to start off with the kundalini and kriya yoga book, it is my first time thinking about reading any of the books in Leos list, what do you guys think? is it the best books to start off with?

That is what I'm doing too as Leo recommended reading the kundalini one also if you're thinking of starting a kriya practice. But I'm reading one at a time and started with the kundalini book so I have some more theoretical background before reading kriya and beginning the practice.

4 hours ago, Lurtsi said:

That is what I'm doing too as Leo recommended reading the kundalini one also if you're thinking of starting a kriya practice. But I'm reading one at a time and started with the kundalini book so I have some more theoretical background before reading kriya and beginning the practice.

Is it good and worth the reading?

1 hour ago, Raymondo said:

Is it good and worth the reading?

I've only read 60 pages but so far so good. I've got some introduction to kundalini, tips for when to and when not to start working with it, what to expect from it and some excercises already.

I assume you could easily find it on the internet Lurtsi?

4 hours ago, Raymondo said:

I assume you could easily find it on the internet Lurtsi?

I don't know if you mean for free or on sale but I just bought it from internet.

I mean the information provided by the book, kundalini is a pretty known subject and I am wondering if the information provided by the book is easily found on the internet?

On 10.4.2018 at 6:42 PM, Raymondo said:

I mean the information provided by the book, kundalini is a pretty known subject and I am wondering if the information provided by the book is easily found on the internet?

Sorry for late reply. Yeah I think it mostly is but when you read the book you get experts view on the subject condensed into couple hundred pages. If you want to learn it from the internet you totally can but then you have to use even more source criticism and dig around multiple places. What i usually do I initially learn a topic from the internet and if I'm really interested in it I might buy a widely recommended book about the topic.

I like reading multiple books at a time.  I've been up to reading 10 books at a time.  That was when I was younger and more hungry for knowledge.  I'm still hungry for knowledge, but not that hungry!