Followers 0
Onecirrus

Why do you want/Why are you in a relationship

10 posts in this topic

I am into it because:

1) Connection

2) Sex

3) Status

All my entire life when I was single, I wasn't really happy, actually, when I was 19 years old, it hurted so much not having sex and connection with a female, I was imploding, it was one of the toughest pains I ever felt in life, now, my life quality without a doubt improved a lot since I got a gf, now that I am almost on my 30's, I still feel the necessity it is just better manageable, and I am certain that if I was living solo, my life wouldn't be as nice as it is, it definitely fills a hole in me, that's my experience.

Edited by Phill

I'd want one because I've never experienced it before. I'm 22, not ugly, but ugly personality. Back then I was super needy, so now its like ok girls don't like needy guys, and now I'm cold as hell. SUPER picky as well when it comes to girls I'm into. These days I don't really feel like investing the energy into flirting, unless I'm GENUINELY interested in a girl. Kind of not that into one night stands so I don't see a whole lot of value in flirting if I'm not going to be in a relationship with that person because socializing takes up so much energy. I do little by little though. I'm an INTP, maybe its just me. Used to to pickup for a year, and now kind of trying to get back into it.

Anyways, I'd want one cause I just want the experience and the dating experience. I have a feeling I'd learn a whole lot from having one. Will it make me happy? I'm not sure I'd have to find out. I've grown myself so much over the years, I've come to be really independent. I don't NEED a relationship but I do want one. The desire for a relationship has really pushed me though in my personal development journey. The reason why I got into personal development in the first place was because I've always wanted a relationship. And it still pushes me to this day.

Of course the sex would be nice, love/compassion, all that.

But really if you're consistent with your inner growth, you really don't need one because its another form of external happiness like food, entertainment, alcohol, etc. etc.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

@7thLetter Just go do a bunch of pick up man. you are clearly hung up on the whole dating thing right now. So that is what you have to worry about. Stop lying to yourself about being picky and not wanting one night stands and not liking flirting. Just go for it man! But try to not become a pick up creep

5 hours ago, Onecirrus said:

Do you need one to be happy?

That's the same question I'm asking myself as well a lot of times.

I'm in a relationship for 5 years now. But now I feel that we are developing separately. I want to work on my dream becoming a entrepreneur and she wants to have kids... I don't know how to handle it being in a 9to5, building up a business a and being a responsible father without running into a burn-out.

I dealt a lot with the MGTOW-movement the last days, but in my opinion most of their drive has a negative reason (hypergamy, discrimination of men). I would rather choose to becoming a MGTOW because you have the independence to grow the way you want and to work on your dream. For society it sounds selfish, but I have only one life.

I think most of the people are in a relationship because it is socially demanded and they are scared of being alone. To answer your question: I don't need a relationship for being happy. In fact I'm the happiest when being single.

Actually, I would like to feel conjugal life. And henceforth married my gf. :)

When I think about it, I don't really need it. The only reason why I would like to have a boyfriend is because I've never had one and I feel like I am kind of defective for not having had one. What can I do about it?  

On 5.4.2018 at 5:12 AM, Onecirrus said:

Do you need one to be happy?

The better question is do you need one to be happy? What are you up to, making a thread asking people about their oppinion without revealing your own? Do you need ideas and inspirations wether you yourself should get into a relationship or not?

Only you can know if you need this to be happy.