Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sirius

Could improper yoga been hurting me?

6 posts in this topic

I'm doing a stretching routine by myself to loosen up my joints and muscles and i go into some weird poses doing some flow movements.Cant really describe it but im curious it if would be hurting me because when i finish i notice myself keep moving this way.I've heard that improper yoga aint good.

Should i stop it?

Do you mean internal/eneretic or external/physical movements? If you mean internal movements of energyflows this is perfectly normal and not something you have to avoid. If you mean external movements I'm not sure what this is.

Doing yoga the wrong way can damage your joints, but as far as I'm avare that is the only risk.

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

@Erlend K hi

I do internal energetic work called bioenergetics which has saved my life but this is not yoga.forget about it.

The thing here is whenever i do this routine i get angry and i act a little weird.I dunno bro, maybe i should stop it.

take a look. 

Well, standing on your head is dangerous if you struggle with high blood pressure. Otherwise it's mosly safe. I think Sadguru might be committing a post hoc fallacy: Since the bursts of anger began after this guy spent this time standing on his head, Sadguru just assumes standing on his head was the cause of the anger.

I'm not sure if your first sentence was meant to claim that energy work has nothing to do with yoga. But if so, it's plain wrong. Several yogic traditions/schools focus heavily on meridians (subtle energy chanels)

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

I remember when I was doing surya namaskar from the internet and after some days I realized "Oh fuck I have no idea what I'm doing" It looked like I'm having some benefits but at the same time there was some weird side efects and I didn't know what to make out of it. Like pressure in my head or heavy heart beating. So I thought I should learn a proper, safe way to do it from Isha hatha Yoga program. And what I realized immediately is that the Yoga I was doing from the internet is fucking bullshit. A waste of time. Now I wouldn't do any Yoga or kriya from the internet or book at any cost. One taste of real Yoga and you would understand why I'm pressing this point so hard :D

I like how sadhguru wouldn't even teach her mother Yoga unless she comes to the program. It says a lot about how important this thing is.:)

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Warning! Yoga comes natural to the Awakened ones, no need to learn it.

Who does yoga and is not awakened has the possibility to block themselves. 

<3