Emre

Channeling, Astral Projections, Weird Stuff

31 posts in this topic

@Emre Channeling is sketchy. It is real. It's not only a distraction from enlightenment but runs the risk of you getting messed up by negative energies. People having done a lot of strong psychedelics and then channeled are an especially bad combo. Having talked to some people who are going/have gone through that, wouldn't wish that happening to my worst enemy.

@Markus Really? Can you explain more about the negative effects?

21 minutes ago, Emre said:

@Markus Really? Can you explain more about the negative effects?

Energies from the astral plane can cause problems in the system. And channeling uses energies from there. Many channelers think they're using something divine, or something from ascended masters, etc.  Channeling invites these energies into your body, where they shouldn't be. The energies are foreign to you, and it can literally feel like something outside of you is controlling your body-mind and behavior. That's why it can be referred to as "having entities". In a more benign case they may just make your energy feel weird to people who can sense energies, and inhibit the progress of purifying your system. In worse cases they can cause emotional instability and pain, make your body twitch, etc. 

David Spero has a rather benign case of entities. Martin Ball has a lot of them, and his energy feels awful to people who can pick it up, even though he may not himself feel too bad. If you read Martin's autobiography and some descriptions of his trips, you'll see he's had a lot of weird experiences. Also, the supposed "god voice" and barking like a dog, all the weird behaviors he has, etc, are in all likelihood caused by astral energies.

The directive of enlightenment is removing all blockages, including the subtle/astral and causal blockages/karma you have, so messing with astral stuff will get in the way of that. Only when all karma is gone are you truly liberated. Also at that point it is said you won't reincarnate since the causal body has dissipated, and you don't dream at all.

Edited by Markus

13 hours ago, Markus said:

@Emre Channeling is sketchy. It is real. It's not only a distraction from enlightenment but runs the risk of you getting messed up by negative energies. People having done a lot of strong psychedelics and then channeled are an especially bad combo. Having talked to some people who are going/have gone through that, wouldn't wish that happening to my worst enemy.

That's based on your own understanding though, you create that reality because you have subscribed to such beliefs(distractions) ;) Some people need channeling(other life/thought forms) to help them in their evolutionary process others do not because they know self/source on a more universal level. Its all you, ultimately but not everyone knows and understands this thus why having the manifestation of another may help them better because they are not as evolved as one who truly knows source/self.

For instant my ex would channel a higher intelligence life form called James and that was how she learned because she wouldn't listen to me or others but the universe knows what she needed in order for her to grow. Where when i channel i know all is one so i am self expression.

Ultimately all channeling is self expression of source energy but humanity and many beings are certain levels of consciousness do far better at listening and absorbing information when it appears to be coming from a higher source intelligence or entity ect..

When most people do DMT for example they see beings and entities and gods and what not and play around with those levels and realms which they are awestruck but the godlike beings and entities ect.. because that helps them listen and understand better.

When i take DMT i get to 5-Meo territory really quick. It first starts as geometrical patterns and universal languages, sometimes a few entities show up initially when i am more in the (ego) but soon as i become myself all these illusions of separation vanish from existence and i become absolute and one.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto These things could conform to some notion you have of "growing" but all this stuff will never make you enlightened and will in fact harm your chances of getting enlightened. The experiences can be wonderful but you have to decide whether you want mystical and magical experiences or liberation. I dare say wanting the latter is alluring yet foolish, but to each their own.

@Markus Enlightenment is a choice at a point of realization of self. Not everyone is as spiritually mature or evolved (shall we say) to withstand true enlightenment so there is other methods the universe has in play for them. I do not disagree either.

I say "the universe" for more a efficient absorption but know, this and self are one and the same.

B R E A T H E

On 07.04.2018 at 4:53 AM, herghly said:

anyone know the youtube channel leo mentions in his Islam video about channelling 

and a book?.....

Bashar is a good example of a channeler.

To be clear l never said whether channeling is good or bad. It is just a thing. Whether you should pursue it is not easy to answer.

Be careful with judging spiritual techniques or methods with which you have no direct experience.

From what I currently understand, what you really want is enlightenment. But it's good to know that stuff like channeling is really possible if you care about fully understanding how reality works.

There are many facets to spirituality besides pure realization of nonduality. Way more facets than people realize. Like demons, angels, spirits, dieties, entities, astral realms, etc.

Just don't get too distracted by all that stuff. Go for enlightenment first. Dabbling in the occult can be big distraction, and poses risks.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Bashar is a good example of a channeler.

To be clear l never said whether channeling is good or bad. It is just a thing. Whether you should pursue it is not easy to answer.

Be careful with judging spiritual techniques or methods with which you have no direct experience.

From what I currently understand, what you really want is enlightenment. But it's good to know that stuff like channeling is really possible if you care about fully understanding how reality works.

There are many facets to spirituality besides pure realization of nonduality. Way more facets than people realize. Like demons, angels, spirits, dieties, entities, astral realms, etc.

Just don't get too distracted by all that stuff. Go for enlightenment first. Dabbling in the occult can be big distraction, and poses risks.

Would you mind if I make a new thread about the occult, providing some info, sources and guides on the matter? I have noticed that over the years quite some people have shown interest in this subject but I never saw any real thread here about this nor some actual discussion (or maybe I just missed it because I wasn't always active here since the forum started). Or is it kept out on purpose because it would create too much distraction and lead your followers off your planned path for them? It may turn out to be a distraction but it may also provide invaluable insights and a lot of help in the spiritual progress of some.

@Otogi Sure you can. It's a legit part of the spiritual domain and people naturally have tons of questions about it.

People have started threads here before about all sorts of occult topics. They just don't usually label it: "Occult"

Just be careful. It's a DEEP rabbit hole full of many potential traps and delusions.

I doubt there is anything sweeter than total nondual awakening.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.