Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lora

Thoughts on channeling?

10 posts in this topic

More specifically, I recently came across this video of a guy who claims to channel some inter-dimensional being called Bashar. And I'm really not sure what to make of it. Any thoughts? Anyone have any experience channeling or know someone who does? I've heard of Buddhist monks who encounter various entities during their meditations but IDK what to think about this. 

He seems to know what he is talking about. If you don't connect then stop listening and go from your own experience. 

We want to wake up to our true Being. Everything else is secondary. 

Then we start the process of living as awakened. 

It has very little to do with you when other people are channeling entities. 

@Lora Think of it like quantum entanglement. There’s one all pervasive omnipresent being, all things, everywhere. It’s nothing - but consider, you’ve been using the word nothing your whole life, and you have never actually experienced nothing. Nothing over here is the same nothing over there, and the spacetime in between as well. So there’s no distance ever travelled, and no reason you couldn’t channel - except, that you are this being, so it’s all subjective. 

So is there channeling or not, Lora?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I'm just going to leave this here :)

bruce3-500x287.jpg

B R E A T H E

I always had the feeling people like Darryl Anka (aka "Bashar") are scam artists and snake oil salesmen. They seem like smart, charismatic businessmen who have found a way to swindle gullible newcomers to the spiritual path. They sell extensive seminars and private counselings where they teach New Age Mysticism/Law of attraction mixed with ridiculous misinterpretations of the findings from quantum physics.

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

On 4/4/2018 at 0:37 PM, Lora said:

I've heard of Buddhist monks who encounter various entities during their meditations

@Prabhaker Interesting! 

@Erlend K He does kind of strike me as a "snake oil" salesman. I checked out his website and he sells crystals for like $200. But I think channeling is pretty interesting and it does seem like it should be possible. Just curious what others here thought about it. 

@Nahm In that light, it does seem completely possible. Of course, that doesn't mean this guy in particular is actually channeling. 

@Lora Thoughts on channeling - it is a distraction from enlightenment. And there can be some bad stuff you don't understand or know about, which can sometimes be quite serious. The people I've encountered who channel don't really understand the negative effects of what they're doing. They think they're helping people but they end up hurting themselves and others energetically. I think astral energies have no place in the human body.  Some people I know have had experiences with negative astral energies and those are horrific. One still has chronic issues. I wouldn't mess with the astral, it's a risky hobby with potential to screw you up, and has no worthwhile reward.

Edited by Markus