lmfao

Who are the best non-duality teachers, in your view, to listen to?

83 posts in this topic

Anandamayi Ma, Ramana, Buddha, Krishna

Leo Gura, Sadhguru, Peter Ralston, Eckhart Tolle are the main sources I get my information from. 

@lmfao
JP Sears is a blast! both his comedy and serious videos offer great insights. n _n 
I also resonate with Amanda Flaker's Youtube Channel. 

On 06/04/2018 at 1:15 PM, moon777light said:

Oprah........Deepak Chopra.........Enlightened?????........??????????

giphy.gif

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

I like Adyashanti, but I disagree with his Stage Turquoise Metaphysics.  I also resonate with Mooji and Eckhart Tolle, but not fully.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

I like Adyashanti, but I disagree with his Stage Turquoise Metaphysics.

@Joseph Maynor  what’s that got to do with anything that’s important?

2 minutes ago, Barry J said:

@Joseph Maynor  what’s that got to do with anything that’s important?

It's important to me.  If you don't care, so be it.  If someone else does care, so be it.  To the extent care is made known to me is the extent that I will elaborate either here or in a private message to me.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Safest is not to trust anybody that relies on the teaching as a form of income 

2 minutes ago, Barry J said:

Safest is not to trust anybody that relies on the teaching as a form of income 

At the end of the day you do need teachers, but you gotta kick the training wheels away at some point and become your own teacher.  Only you can observe you.  No third party is gonna observe you for you.  Nobody can do your pushups for you as they say -- and this also applies to self-observation.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It's important to me.  If you don't care, so be it.  If someone else does care, so be it.  To the extent care is made known to me is the extent that I will elaborate either here or in a private message to me.

What inspires you to communicate on this forum? Can you communicate your purpose?

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

At the end of the day you do need teachers, but you gotta kick the training wheels away at some point and become your own teacher.  Only you can observe you.  No third party is gonna observe you for ya.

Sure you may need teachers but you have deviated from the intent of my message 

@Joseph Maynor  I agree regarding Adya, but I found he has made a lot of progress lately (namely in the last 3-4 years) which slowly shows in his teachings. I am currently attending his Online Retreat and it definitely closes some gaps I saw in his methods. If taking Ramaji's 1000 as a source of evaluating, I would say Adya moved from the 700s up to the 800s or further even. He really seems more mature.

Does anyone here read A.H. Almaas? For me personally he has the clearest way of tackling this whole topic. He has a series based on connecting spiritual realization to psychodynamic processes found in self psychology/object relations etc., one series where it's all about the path itself, one series about practice (the best I ever read, helped me a lot in self inquiry) and more single volumes. "Runaway Realization" is one I would recommend to anyone here, no matter how advanced you think you are. This really goes deep.

Rupert Spira :) simple and clear

Dont look at me! Look inside!

On 4/6/2018 at 5:45 PM, moon777light said:

Oprah........Deepak Chopra.........Enlightened?????........??????????

brahmam_laugh.gif

Donald Trump and Jordan Peterson :ph34r:

You see, the reason you want to be better, is the reason why you aren’t. Shall I put it like that?

We aren't better, because we want to be.

~ Alan Watts

Nisargadatta maharaj 

Rumi/Hafiz 

peter ralston 

eckhart tolle

teal swan

I.

:P 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.