lmfao

Who are the best non-duality teachers, in your view, to listen to?

83 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Faceless said:

You are your best teacher lol

Because I AM

:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Just now, abrakamowse said:

Because I AM

:)

That’s right you are IT 

Just now, Faceless said:

That’s right you are IT 

Maybe I open a thread about it, to not hijack this one. But what is happening to "me" is that I am tired of listening. I can't find anything new in what they say. 

I see like I know what is needed but somewhat the identification with the ego is still there. I know is fear, what I am trying to do is to slow the mind the more I can.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

4 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

But what is happening to "me" is that I am tired of listening. I can't find anything new in what they say. 

What do you mean ?

you mean reading books is not bringing about a change actully in your daily life? 

Edited by Faceless

The best teacher is my shadow. It always shows me in each moment where more love, and attention is required in my life :)

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

4 minutes ago, Faceless said:

What do you mean ?

you mean reading books is not bringing about a change actully in your daily life? 

Yes... reading books and watching youtube videos about enlightenment. Lately I am only listening to Alan Watts. But not looking for anything, only because I like what and how he says it.

1 minute ago, Solace said:

The best teacher is my shadow. It always shows me in each moment where more love, and attention is required in my life :)

That's true, I think is "my ego" being impatient or anxious for results. Lol...

1 minute ago, abrakamowse said:

Yes... reading books and watching youtube videos about enlightenment. Lately I am only listening to Alan Watts. But not looking for anything, only because I like what and how he says it.

Just keep doing that for now. 

Hes great as long as you inquire or relate what he says to your personal experience. 

Allan watts was and is great. 

Edited by Faceless

Just now, Faceless said:

Just keep doing that for now. 

Hes great as long as you inquire or relate what he says to your personal experience. 

Ok, thanks. I will continue with it.

;)

@abrakamowse there are a few excellent sources that teach you how to self inquire more efficiently. When your ready you will find them. The kind of people that stress understanding oneself in relationship and being your own light. And not conforming to a particular pattern of thought to self sooth the psyche. 

But they also stress taking full responsibility for yourself and not following. 

I like Allan watts because he doesn’t want to change you. He isn’t a guru yet his entertaining intelligent and intellectual understanding mixed with wit and great communication skills makes for a great learning experience. 

Edited by Faceless

Just now, Faceless said:

@abrakamowse there are a few excellent sources that teach you how to self inquire more efficiently. When your ready you will find them. The kind of people that stress understanding oneself in relationship and being your own light. And not conforming to a particular pattern of thought to self sooth the psyche. 

Cool. I know "know thyself" is the key. I will be paying attention to those books. :-)

Silence ranks nr 1

Then 4 infinities lower comes David Spero at nr. 4∞1

6 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Cool. I know "know thyself" is the key. I will be paying attention to those books. :-)

Cool?

dialogs of self inquiry also help one inquire more efficiently. 

Like exploring the art of dialectic will help you be able to explore better inwardly. This is the only way I have learned the nature of what has happened to me. Never read a book as far as teachings of non duality and such. 

Just had some discussions with a few lifers in the spiritual field. Learned a lot from those talks. 

7 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Cool?

dialogs of self inquiry also help one inquire more efficiently. 

Like exploring the art of dialectic will help you be able to explore better inwardly. This is the only way I have learned the nature of what has happened to me. Never read a book as far as teachings of non duality and such. 

Just had some discussions with a few lifers in the spiritual field. Learned a lot from those talks. 

It seems that everything you say is in what I am actually investigating  or being curious to understand. I was watching a video to understand epistemology like two weeks ago.

Edited by abrakamowse

1 minute ago, abrakamowse said:

It seems that everything you say is in what I am investigating right now. I was watching a video to understand epistemology.

Excellent 

:ph34r:

shes definitley a bit controversial with her some of her beliefs but teal swan is amazing. 

To be brutally honest.. In my view would be pointless to you, Vice Versa ;)

B R E A T H E

I like ken, rumi, leo, spira, adya, eckhart, jed, mooj, alan, young, sad, hicks, rabia and maharaj, dropped various quotes from each, feel free to skip if you don't resonate or fancy quotes or poetry

ken wilber

"I have sensations, but I am not my sensations. I have feelings, but I am not my feelings. I have thoughts, but I am not my thoughts. I have a body, but I am not my body. I have a mind, but I'm not my mind."

rumi

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear ~ Rumi

Let silence take you to the core of life ~ rumi

There is a voice that doesn't use words, Listen ~ rumi

Silence is the language of god, All else is poor translation ~ rumi

The truth is that enlightenment is neither remote nor unattainable. It is closer than your skin and more immediate than your next breath. If we wonder why so few seem able to find that which can never be lost, we might recall the child who was looking in the light for a coin he dropped in the dark because “the light is better over here.” Jed McKenna

“The point is to wake up, not to earn a Ph.D. In waking up.”
― Jed McKenna

“The bottom line remains the same: you’re either awake or you’re not.One day, there it is. Nothing. No more enemies, no more battles.”
― Jed McKenna

“Suffering just means you’re having a bad dream. Happiness means you’re having a good dream. Enlightenment means getting out of the dream altogether.”

“Enlightenment is the unprogrammed state.”
― Jed McKenna

“Enlightenment isn’t when you go there; it’s when there comes here.”
― Jed McKenna

Your entire reality is bullshit. Do you realize that? So what problems do you have left? What more do you need? You have been shown the Holy Grail but you throw it into the trash. ~ Leo

why do you stay in prison, when the door is so wide open? ~ Rumi

You were born with wings, Why do you prefer to crawl through life? ~ Rumi

Going out of your mind at least once a day is tremendously important. Because by going out of your mind you come to your senses. - Alan watts

“Because of an innocent misunderstanding you think that you are a human being in the relative world seeking the experience of oneness, but actually you are the One expressing itself as the experience of being a human being.” ~ Adyashanti

“You have to see and meet God in this life.
Don’t let this life go by and miss discovering the Supreme One.
You will find him inside as your constant being.
Pray: Holy mother, holy father, holy spirit,
don’t give me the illusion that even one second belongs to me.
All is you. I, also, am you and yours.
For only like this does your life stand the chance to be miraculous.”
― Mooji

“Only that which is always with you can be said to be your self and if you look closely and simply at experience, only awareness is always ‘with you’.” ~ rupert spira

“Life isn't as serious as the mind makes it out to be.”
― Eckhart Tolle

“Don’t try to understand! It’s enough if you do not misunderstand.”

“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj

“Paradoxical as it may seem, the purposeful life has no content, no point. It hurries on and on, and misses everything. Not hurrying, the purposeless life misses nothing, for it is only when there is no goal and no rush that the human senses are fully open to receive the world.”
― Alan W. Watts

Today’s enlightenment is tomorrows mistake

Shinzen Young

“If you think hundred percent logically, there is really no possibility of life.”
― Sadhguru

You are a physical exention of what is non physical, you cannot die, you are ever lasting ~ Abrahim Hicks

“Ironic, but one of the most intimate acts of our body is death.”
― Rabia al Basri

Edited by khalifa

Shinzen Young, Rupert Spira, Peter Ralston are the ones that I know and like the best