lmfao

Who are the best non-duality teachers, in your view, to listen to?

83 posts in this topic

Right now I listen to Leo Gura and Alan Watts, and I've started reading "The Book of Not Knowing" by Peter Ralston. Someone like Ralph Smart is a complete turn off to me, the guy seems to teach very little mindfulness.

Who do you like listening to? Who do you think are the "best"?

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

I've been listening to a lot of Rupert Spira lately. Haven't heard Adyashanti speak about non-duality, I'll have to check that out. 

Ralph Smart is not a non-duality teacher lmao, hes more of a new age guy, hes good at what he does, nothing against him. Osho is a bit too slow in his speaking for me. I like the interviews Leo did with Ralston, he's super clear!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Matt Kahn, he’s the only one that made sense of what was happening to me.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@lmfao Adyashanti, Nisargadatta/Steven Wolinsky and Leo of course.

Steven Wolinsky, a disciple of Nisargadatta has about the most non-dual approach of anyone I've listened to. He considers non-duality a duality. For there to be the concept of non-duality there would also have to be duality as it's counter part. So to say non-duality in itself infers a duality.  

I only recognize 1 master

AIR

Currently, Lisa Cairns is resonating most with me - by far. She does not get intellectual and does not engage in The Story. Thus, she tends to get awful reviews. But she gets it, imo and has helped raise my awareness level.

3 hours ago, cetus56 said:

He considers non-duality a duality. For there to be the concept of non-duality there would also have to be duality as it's counter part. So to say non-duality in itself infers a duality.  

Language is inherently dualistic. Any word we say is not another word. 

The term nondual also infers. . . not a ham sandwich. Yet human minds love to focus on opposites.

Wolinsky is just saying the same thing all nondual speakers say - it can’t be explained or understood with words. 

Yet, the term nondual can serve as a pointer in direction. 

@Serotoninluv Yes it is just a pointer within dualistic language/mind. Imo what is being pointed at is that even the word/concept of non-duality must be transcended.

Wolinsky: "Have No Station".  "Stations are there to be transcended".

Learn about the nature of duality and observe that in yourself. Learn about the nature of ego and the relationship to thought.   Once you get into this deeply and understanding it very well start self inquiry and start to do inner work. In this inner work the mind ‘thought’ will start to quiet and the more and more this happens the more natural our already inherent non dualistic nature will shine through. Learning about the nature of truth vs reality also very important to explore.

I personally didn’t learn non duality. I learned about the ego/thought/fragmentation in myself and explored that in myself. Once we are able to identify this in ourselves and see there corrupt, partial, false sense of what is actual or true you will start to negate them totally. In this negation you strip the “i” conciousness away and then goes the sense of separateness. If this is center ceases ‘even for a short period of time’ that is non duality. The more in-depth there is ceasing of the center the deeper more sacred non duality is expressed in spontaneous action of being. 

Going about it like this not only do you understand better non duality but action that is whole is expressed in you daily living. 

And always remeber the movment of becoming is to always deny the movement of being. This is a trap that the majority will get caught up in. 

Theres nothing wrong with learning from others but to depend on anohter will not suffice. You are your own book?

Edited by Faceless

Adyashanti

Alan Watts

Ramana Maharshi

Papaji (disciple of Maharshi)

Nisargadatta

Rupert Spira

Mooji (disciple of Papaji)

Leo Gura

Sri Aurobindo

Satprem

Mirra Alfassa

Edited by Monkey-man

I listed to a Barry Long podcast today. He talks about non-dality and lots about intimate relationships.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Eckhart Tolle,  Rupert Spira and Mooji.

Some less mainstream you might want to check out: Ira Schepetin, Roger Castillo, Ramaji

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.