Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paulus Amadeus

Sadhguru FTW!

3 posts in this topic

I'm getting really into Sadhguru's stuff on Youtube. Really really amazing stuff and his organization Isha yoga has done many beautiful things in India and beyond. 

I am just kind of conflicted about which practises to do now. I was already doing formal meditations and have started doing Kriya yoga as well. But Sadhguru seems to have yet another system, although he does acknowledge Kriya as a very legitimate path and advises you to take certain elements of Kriya. Since Leo's video about yoga the lid seems to have been blown off for me. True yoga is such an incredibly rich field and I really don't know which practices to do anymore. Especially because I also don't want to give up my mindfulness meditations. Anyone going through the same or does anyone have any thoughts on this?

You don't have to give up on mindfulness to do yoga. Doing both can be pretty awesome.

My advice would be to just try it out and see.  I think Sadhguru has really great stuff for people at pretty much any level. The key is to be consistent and practice with dedication and care. With that sentiment, I'd recommend going for something you know you're actually going to do.

If you're particularly committed and will do whatever it takes, just play around and see how things go. Sadhguru has good resources, and if you stick with his stuff and meditation, it can take you really far.

I also recommend mixing in his chants and music to replace whatever you may usually listen to. I'm not sure what kind of media you consume, but most people could benefit from substituting something like the sound of Isha and his chants in place of their usual media.

If you relaxing, just listen to his stuff a couple hours a day instead of watching television, videos, or whatever, and it should help you cultivate an equanimous, more peaceful mind and help you manage your energies.