Wouter

How to heal excessive thinking

10 posts in this topic

I am stuck in excessive thinking and way too less action such as meditation, self inquiry,...

I don't manage to find the root of it.

It seems deep. I feel disconnected from reality. Advice?

Just observe this excess and follow it back to its source without going back to sleep.

You will eventually find that there is nothing there.

Don't be afraid of excessive thinking, just be wary of not noticing it.

Thought isn't reality. Observing thought without making further discriminations is reality.

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

If you are prone to thinking, embrace it. Stop trying to deny part of who you are. That’s causing you a lot of suffering.  People that advocate against no thinking have good intentions but they are not quite right in their attitude regarding thinking.  It’s Egoic thinking that’s the problem, not non-Egoic thinking.  What is causing your suffering is you think you can control reality.  Think of it more like thoughts are happening, I don’t need to identify them as mine.  Let the thoughts be.  Your job is not to fight them.  That’s like banging your head against a brick wall.  Let reality be and just accept all of it.  Be the Awareness not the junk floating through it.  Be the atmosphere not the clouds.  The atmosphere doesn’t care if there are too many clouds!  That’s how you wanna be.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

When I find myself thinking too much I say to myself: OK, Ilias, think MORE, think MORE! Paradoxically I am thinking less. Any explanation? 

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

16 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

If you are prone to thinking, embrace it. Stop trying to deny part of who you are. That’s causing you a lot of suffering.  People that advocate against no thinking have good intentions but they are not quite right in their attitude regarding thinking.  It’s Egoic thinking that’s the problem, not non-Egoic thinking.  What is causing your suffering is you think you can control reality.  Think of it more like thoughts are happening, I don’t need to identify them as mine.  Let the thoughts be.  Your job is not to fight them.  That’s like banging your head against a brick wall.  Let reality be and just accept all of it.  Be the Awareness not the junk floating through it.  Be the atmosphere not the clouds.  The atmosphere doesn’t care if there are too many clouds!  That’s how you wanna be.  

Great post, and one I absolutely agree with.

I'm learning more and more that a paradoxical approach to this path is the way to find truth, and it starts with no seeking whatsoever, and no resistance, but full allowance of everything, without any judgement.

by practicing excessive not thinking :)

B R E A T H E

On 4/2/2018 at 3:33 PM, Wouter said:

I am stuck in excessive thinking and way too less action such as meditation, self inquiry,...

What helps me is to, when I recognize I’m too deep in it, I find my ground, and then from there I find my body and my self of being, then I find my presence and my surroundings and become aware of where I really am.

also I found declaring affirmations to be very helpful. To say “I am washing my laundry” and then bring my focus back to that task. Repeating it over and over several times or while doing it if it’s necessary...

and the other advice I have is to bring purpose to your obsessive thinking. Find skbething that channels it into creative or strategic or planning..  

On 4/2/2018 at 3:33 PM, Wouter said:

I am stuck in excessive thinking and way too less action such as meditation, self inquiry,... “I’m stuck in super hungry and way too less eating.”  “I’m stuck not clicking with girls and way to less showering.” “I’m stuck shitting my pants, and way too less going to the bathroom when I know I should have”

I don't manage to find the root of it.       Meditate. Allow yourself to be the root of it. Free the thoughts by non-participation. You’re simply aware of your thoughts. Present now, realizing there is only this now. All past and future content is thinking, just let it pass through with some appreciation for the miracle of it Emotional attachment to a thought is tension in the body. Meditate and allow the deepest relaxation of your entire body. Thoughts will pass much easier this way. 

It seems deep.   You are deep af. Bottomless. I feel disconnected from reality. Advice?    Overthinking is hyper-belief-in-the-illusion.  Neti Neti ASAP! ❤️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 4/2/2018 at 0:33 PM, Wouter said:

Have you gone into the nature of thinking? What is thinking? 

Have you gone into the nature of all the different types of meditation? 

I assume when you say reality you mean what is before thought interferes...Have you gone into the nature of reality. 

For me reality is anything that thought touches upon or reflects upon. The way others use the word reality is the what I call truth. 

Have you gone into the nature of truth? 

These are great to explore if you haven’t already. If not very important?

And the root of the problem is due to the conflict of trying to stop what is happening to change that to what you want to happen. The mind will not become quiet that way. Also another great thing to understand is the difference between attention and consentration. Consentration will exclude part of the whole and focus on one part. So when you are trying to stop thinking this is a form of consentration. And attention is observing the whole of experience and not trying to impose will in any direction but just observing. These are also great to understand when it comes to deciding what type of meditation you are going to use as means for a quiet mind. Personally attention really quiets the mind. This seems to quiet the mind most. 

Hope this helps a little?

Edited by Faceless