Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moon777light

[Books] Shadows before Dawn & Gifts of Imperfection

5 posts in this topic

Shadows before dawn-teal swan

Gifts of Imperfection- Dr.Brene Brown

Thoughts on these? Did they help? Reviews? :D 

I have read gifts of imperfection. It is really good, I like that it is scientific/research-based. So the assertions made have some more weight.

I like to read stuff outside of my wheelhouse sometimes, but there is no denying that it is geared more toward a female audience.

Brene Brown's research originally focused only on females I think.

it is a book I would like to read again one day

The kingdom of heaven is within.

This is a nice little infographic for the books and some practices to implement them. 

71a8631433a0abff2708922d0e8cd2cd.jpg

The kingdom of heaven is within.

Shadows before Dawn by Teal Swan is a great 'newbie' book with lots of practical ideas on how to apply self love if you start from a really low 'self love' place. 

If you want to kick it up a notch read the Completion Process by the same author Teal Swan. This book helps a great deal with doing shadow or inner child work. It was and sometimes still is very helpfull as a practical resouce to deal with childhood 'trauma'.

Practices mentioned on her You Tube channel provide next to above books a great guide on how to heal yourself emotionally, like the bathroom-mirror technique or the how to heal emotional body technique. 

Another book in this category is Loving what Is by Byron Katie which explains her own created 'the Work' technique. Also very profound for shadow work or changing unwanted / false beliefs.

Brene Browns book is more of a study on vulnurability but way less practical then above books.

Edited by Rebec

@Colin @Rebec Thank you so much for you answers

yes i love how much practical content teal has, i dont know where to start almost hehe. Im going to try the mirror technique first since i have some experience with that :) and ordering completion process. I think the way she advertised shadows before dawn made it sound like it was going to include some really deep practices/insights but sadly i found (from what ive read so far) for it to be very "light" tips. stuff like affirmations through water, etc. I think completion process will be the super deep digging process :D