wakeel55

Why isn't Shadow Work/Trauma release popular in the mainstream?

9 posts in this topic

This is something that Im sure all of us have thought about at least once in our lives. Since Shadow Work/Releasing past trauma is arguably the BEST technique for becoming a BETTER you, then how come not everyone is talking about it? 

People in this world do a lot of surface level self help stuff to optimize their self-esteem issues or whatever the fuck issues they have. And Sooner or later, they go back to square one or downgrade in life due to their subconscious.

But then if people's LIVES really I MEAN REALLY CHANGED for the better due to SHADOW WORK/FACING SUBCONSCIOUS/TRAUMA RELEASE or EVEN PSYCHEDELICS, then how come not everyone is talking about this like how everyone is talking about a healthy diet or working out? I dont see much people in the mainstream social media talking about how they truly changed due to these approaches. I mean, these ideas have been in this world for decades right? 

Would love your opinion on these guys.. ( I have been letting go of negative emotions from the past for the past few weeks and i havent noticed any difference yet in my life except for the initial bliss stage) (Feeling hopeless right now, right now im thinking that i may be stupid for being gullible enough for following this subconscious exercises. Or maybe this is my ego fighting back. IDK...)

Because it's hard...Doing pick up is very hard but truly facing the underlying issue that makes you turn to pick up in the first place is even harder. Doing self help is hard but facing the very core of why you do self help is even harder. If I have problems with self esteem, with girls with working consistently. It's hard to face those problems but it is orders of magnitudes harder to face the root of all those problems,

Now contrast the amount of people who do self help to the amount of people who do self help seriously and now contrast that amount to the general population and now you know why people don't deal with their subconscious. 

Edited by Aimblack

@wakeel55 Fast forward all that and you arrive right back to the infinite perfection of nothing from which you arise. Enjoy the challenges, the contrast, the variety, the growth, and the discovery. ❤️ The bliss / frustration comes and goes, practices are key. I look at it like every increase in awareness, makes you more aware of what the hell you’re doing, what you want to be doing, what you want to stop doing, etc. Becoming more aware of this creates a fork in the road - give up and stay asleep or practice, do the consciousness work, and see what’s at the end of a rainbow. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Good post, and something that has crossed my mind, too.

Positive thinking and self-help are great; I mean it beats feeling negative and worthless, but you're right, you're not getting to the core of why you are feeling the way you are, so in that sense, IMO, positive thinking is masking what's underneath.  Facing your insecurities takes balls.  There's a lot of pain, anguish, doubt, misery, shame, anger and sadness that can come up, and a large percentage of people simply think they cannot face it so they continue to live behind the brick wall they built that have been up probably a few centuries.

Also, I think most people are so conditioned to shut down and put their guard up, they know no different.  We've always been told as a kid to stick our chests out, not to cry, not to experience sadness, when in reality, that is the worst thing one can do, IMO.

Whilst diet and exercise definitely can help, it really isn't the answer to changing your conditioned beliefs.  

@wakeel55 I have recently come to realize that I had been abused as a child! I had no idea that such a thing could have happened to me. Because of this huge acknowledgment and then release I have been making so much progress and life has become clearer. I have been getting slammed by so many things in regards to self betterment in the last month or two now. Shadow work wasn't even an intention, it just happened due to a friend who is a mirror for me to look at myself. I have been able to connect many dots as to why I am the way I am in many different aspects of life. If I was not where I was as far as development goes, it might have been harder to deal with that trauma coming up and instead of being able to release it and see how I need to use that knowledge to better myself, it is possible I would have held onto it and used it as a victim! Shadow work is nothing without the rest of self development in my opinion.

Haha, the whole point of society is to help people collectively avoid looking at their shadow.

70%+ of marketing is about triggering your shadow. How is business gonna control and exploit shadow-free people? You exploit people by appealing to their weaknesses, fears, hatreds, greed, and depravity.

Notice, the mainstream doesn't offer any root solutions to any problems. It's all band-aids and opiates.

The job of society is to construct a reality -- and to distract people long enough so they never realize that reality does not actually exist.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Without roles our society would fall apart.  Roles are what keep people in line.  Well, maybe not entirely.  Even after Enlightenment you still adhere to culture.  The little you in the Dream still lives by a lot of rules, they’re just not Egoically clung to.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@wakeel55 @Leo Gura  This is so on point

Edited by Timotheus

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

@Leo Gura ok so if thats what ur saying brotha then who created all this fake reality? and do they know about shadow work and other self help spiritual stuff and if so, are they afraid if mainstream finds out about these techniques for growth that would damage the industries and shit?

@Leo Gura bro legit, like lately, i have been thinking alot about all this shit dont exist. And it makes me nihilistic and having mild depressive suicidal thoughts coz like if all this shit dont exist then whats the point? Its pretty dark and fucked up, what should i do about this? :/

@Leo Gura this is your 3rd time replying to me, i really appreciate you reaching out to us newbies! :D