UDT

Understanding Islam - What Almost No Critic Understands About Jihad

54 posts in this topic

There are some scholars who are coming up in this region who share very similar views and teachings, yet they are being opposed by the majority of the masses. As a middle eastern person who was born and brought up in a Muslim country, the only way I can describe this episode is that it's phenomenal and revolutionary! thank you @Leo Gura

oh and please, do not let the "hadith" and the "sunnah" confuse you. a lot of it is either misinterpreted, mistranslated, or distorted.

@Angelo John Gage

You can try to create new type of community and make it work. But it looks like humans are not very good at that. Lenin and Stalin tried that, fought religion, put a lot of emphasis on science and education. But it is just hard to make it work. First their system became quasi religion with Lenin statues everywhere and Lenin is still in mausoleum like some Pharaoh. Also a lot of people died and suffered immensely in the process. And after the collapse of Soviet Union there was or still is a lot of chaos and people flock back to Christianity and other religions. I may be wrong here but this is a picture by Jordan Peterson.
Also if you loose trust in materialism and rationality and try to read religious myths they start to make some sense, especially if you read or watch Jordan Peterson, Joseph Campbell, Carl Jung.
For me New Testament makes more sense than Old Testament. And Church Fathers make more sense that New Testament. And C. S. Lewis make more sense  than Church Fathers. C. S. Lewis "Mere Christianity" is just great in explaining Christianity in modern terms. May be because the closer the author the more similar concept maps they use. May be some mistakes were sorted out, or corruption took place, I don't know.
It is not just myths. Practices and rituals are valuable too. If you are serious about religion you have to concentrate your mind a lot on some chant or prayer, read a lot in different language that you have to learn, compare different verses and opinions of lots of people of different veneration and authority. Look https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lectio_Divina for example. Modern self help alternatives are like small kids compared to that.

If there are some tested by generations and somewhat wholesome ways of life different from religions, I would be happy to learn about them.

Edited by Akim

18 hours ago, Angelo John Gage said:

You need to realize I'm literally attacking Muhammad. Rejecting anything here is a direct rejction of his word and thus rejecting Islam in totality. You cannot nitpick. 

GaysIslam.PNG

Hadith Satan In Nose.PNG

Islam Killing.PNG

Islam Women.PNG

Jihad Is Good.PNG

Kill all Humanity.PNG

Muhammad Beheadings.PNG

Orders to Kill.PNG

muhammad will.PNG

If you believe everything you read you will have big problems in life, to me it seems like you just want to see things from your own perspective so you make use of one source to defend your claim and notice I didn't say your claim is wrong (most likely is) but that we will never be certain what is true but that source you just layout makes me think you are a troll tbh lol

Edited by Raymondo

@Akim Interesting views. However, it seems to me that "if God controls everything," IT (our creator is not human) also controls your brain, which is your mind with which you do everything that you are able to do, including science and inventions.  Therefore, there's no way you can avoid "bothering", if you are tale-guided. The aggregate of all the things you do in life is your destiny.

Perhaps Islam did have non-dual origins, however much of the teachings attached to it, as evident by the scripts themselves and the example of the prophet, are disgusting and it's impossible to argue that the verses didn't mean exactly what they said.  

16 minutes ago, Nenesha said:

@Akim Interesting views. However, it seems to me that "if God controls everything," IT (our creator is not human) also controls your brain, which is your mind with which you do everything that you are able to do, including science and inventions.  Therefore, there's no way you can avoid "bothering", if you are tale-guided. The aggregate of all the things you do in life is your destiny.

Suppose there was infinitely powerful Being we will call IT and IT created a robot. IT can do anything inside that robot, change programming and so on. So IT controls that robot. But then IT thinks that it would be interesting to make this robot free, independent and capable of self control. IT can do anything so why not. IT also created some space-time environment before that and put robot there. IT also created other robots of different types. IT has to constantly watch and decide where to intervene and use control and rob/relieve entities IT created from the consequences of their actions on themselves and others.
Over time robots acquire different programming or understanding what they are and how the world works. Some of them think everything is predetermined, some think they are free. Some figured that their computational capacity is too small to understand it but decided that if there is no freedom it would not matter to believe in it, it was all predetermined. So on the chance there is freedom they decided to believe in it. Some robots think there is a creator, some think there is not. And some figured on the chance there is a creator and/or some possible help from above, they are gonna put that possibility into account when they try to interpret the world around them and act in it.

Is it me or did get it get more quiet on the forum after the last Islam video? ?

Way to go high consiousness and enlightened people. 

Edited by SFRL

@Angelo John Gage " it is literally written in the Quran that his wife was 9 "

Nope . Couldn't find the motivation to read the rest when i see such factual mistake in the first lines .

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

I remember I watch the video and to me seemed a pretty good explanation of Islam, and then see the amout of dislikes and i wonder why is that so. Why people dislike leo's islam point of view.