WildeChilde

How Do You Interpret The Story Of Adam and Eve?

24 posts in this topic

What's your take on Adam, Eve, the Serpent, the Garden of Eden, the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, the Fall, etc.?  What do these and the story itself represent to you?

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

My favourite interpretations are by a guy called Bill Donahue on YT, he basically got me into meditation and esotericism.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

God did not leave any possibility for Adam to remain obedient. There must have been millions of trees in the Garden of Eden and only one tree of knowledge; if Adam had been left alone, on his own he might not have discovered it up to now. But God didn't leave it up to him; he pointed out the tree and created the temptation. You think the serpent did it? If the serpent did it, then he must have been in the service of God.

Adam and Eve had no shelter over their heads, no clothes to wear, nothing to eat except one apple between the two of them, and still they believed Garden of Eden was paradise! Then Adam and Eve must be North Koreans.

The ‘knowledge’ is thinking, the introduction of duality (Good & evil) or other-than-awareness....separatism leading to “self consciousness”, “the fall” from the grace of nondual.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

IMO the lesson is stupid because they are punished for using thinking and knowledge, for being humans. Why the creator punishes men for using a hability or trait that he put in them? is it a sin? Its like condemning a lion for being carnivore?

7 days - creating ego from intuition with use of concepts about world (7 chakras blocks which can be unlocked - 7 seals in end of the world story)

Serpent - Kundalini (called snake also)

Tree of good and evil - logic with words

fruit of tree - thinking with words

What happends when you think - you lose your Kundalini which helps with intuitive thinking instead of logical (which is recently discovered system by the way). You create rules and concepts that you should obey, not God anymore, just stupid human

To me this is the first proof the bible is the word of man not god. Your hungry-he gives you and apple. You eat it-all hell breaks loose. If you dont obey and worship im you will burn in the flames of hell for eternity.... but he loves you

Remember that the Bible is upside down on interpretation. 

Eve = Yin

Adam = Yang, 

Serpent = Kundalini

Tree of knowledge of good and evil is your own body, more specifically the root chakra, the rabbit hole, etc. 

Tree of life in the seat of Amen, the golden egg, the ark of the covenant, the crystal sea (the pineal), all the glands in the brain make the 3rd eye.

The garden is the society we live in. God depiction is the Government/Kingdom.

The fall means the awakening.

fantastic video @cetus56!!!!

??

This video was on point. Well put together. 

It resonates with my own experience and non experiencing. 

I think this vid was a good idea to show to others?

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless Thanks. Yea it resonates well with my experience too. A lot of great pointers to an enlightened understanding of the cosmos (from a conceptual standpoint).

Here is something interesting I noticed. He discusses David Bohms "implicate/explicate order". Did you see the "Artwork" topic that @moon777light submitted yesterday called "ex nihlo"? If you get a chance, check out the first picture for example. The artist seems to suggest the same "implicate order (void) /explicate order (non void or manifest) as discussed here.

On 4/1/2018 at 4:08 AM, cetus56 said:

The artist seems to suggest the same "implicate order (void) /explicate order (non void or manifest) as discussed here.

Yes I see what you mean. 

Cool picture:)

Very interesting video @cetus56 I think I will have to watch it several more times and take notes. Super interesting.

My take on the story of Adam and Eve is that this is what it is, a Story.

The only way to point to truth is through stories. So, that's what the old prophets who wrote the bible did. There's two main reasons to do this, the first one as I said, it is not possible to write or say anything about truth. The second, is because of the understanding of those who received the insights and tried to translate it to others. They will write in a way that they and others can understand.

In this case, the bible says that Adam and Eve where in paradise. This is for me the initial moment when we were all awareness. God was one, so there was no separation, we were in Paradise, Adam and Eve, the whole humanity were in paradise. But we were all one thing. Truth was all One.

But truth wants to experience diversity... how does he does that? Introducing what is false. The false thing is the illusion. When that is introduced in reality, is the moment where Adam and Eve are expelled from the Paradise. because now they understand what is good and bad. In reality good and bad are just concepts. They are the same thing, but know they know there's different degrees in good and that creates the bad. The bad is the degree where there's nothing good. Good and bad are two sides of the same coin. Like darkness is absence of light. Badness is absence of goodness.

Now they see as separated from God and out of paradise. The idea of the Devil here is the ego. The ego is introduced, and if you read the bible you will notice the mechanism of the mind very clearly in the way that the devil/serpent convinces Eva that she must eat from the tree of knowledge.

It is like a punishment for the ego, because now the ego is separated, or sees itself as separated from the whole. So, now he has to work to feed the physical body. The women have to give birth with pain to continue the human race, all of this was seen by this old writers of the Bible as a punishment.

And, don't we sometimes when things don't happen the way we want, don't we say... "God, what did I do to deserve this"?

It's not a punishment, IMO but the ego will see it as a punishment, as a sin.

The sin, is the way that God creates the universe. So, when we cannot see truth as it is, we see separation. We can't see reality the way it is, we see it distorted by our mind, by our ego and that's the sin, sin means "the act or state of missing the mark". It's our incapacity to understand Reality/God with the mind.

The idea of Evil can be in certain way associated with Maya. The Bible says that the creation of the Devil was needed for a purpose.

We cannot understand happiness without suffering. If we were all the time happy, how do we know it if we don't know suffering?

Right now it seem ridicule, because we know both, but we only know by comparison with other states or feelings. You need the false (evil or maya) to experience what is good. You need to lose someone, a relative or a friend to know what is not having that person with you. If reality is one only, how are you going to experience loss? If there's nothing to lose?

The Bible they say is written by God, and that is true in some way because we are also God, we are also part of the whole. But as humans, we only can see parts of the truth, we see the truth filtered by our knowledge and by our egos. That's like the Buddhist story of the Blind men who wanted to describe the elephant by touching different parts of the elephant, each one arrive at a different conclusion. But it was the same elephant that they were talking about.

The Bible is inspired by God, but it doesn't mean that a guy sitting on a cloud with a white beard wrote it himself.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

On 3/31/2018 at 7:36 AM, Moreira said:

IMO the lesson is stupid because they are punished for using thinking and knowledge, for being humans. Why the creator punishes men for using a hability or trait that he put in them? is it a sin? Its like condemning a lion for being carnivore?

It’s people, doing it to themselves. It’s not that it’s right or wrong, it’s a caution of the act of perceiving through ‘right and wrong’. The only judgement one could be aware of is their own. 

@cetus56 Great video. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden of Eden, but all these animals, birds, millions of species, how did they come out of the of the Garden of Eden? 

Just as any biblical story Adam n eve operates on various levels simultaneously coz as above so below

thr story is both metaphorical and literal