Infinity

[book] Why We Sleep, Matthew Walker (9/10)

12 posts in this topic

If you ever questioned anything about sleep, this is the place to go. Matthew Walker is a Professor of Neuroscience, he makes scientific concepts of sleep easy to grasp and portrays them in such an elegant way. 

The book is filled with many answers to typical questions anyone has about sleep and quotes some astounding studies which can blow your mind. It reminds you of your inner most primal instinct, to sleep. Reading this book highlighted the importance of sleep and gives many tips and tricks for sleep. 

Sleep keeps us healthy, balanced and sane. I encourage everyone to give this a read and I promise you won’t be disappointed. 

Looks good. Thanks :) Apparently one nights sleep deprivation can give you as much insulin resistance as six months on a junk food diet. At 10:48 in this video he mentions this:

Edited by CGeo
Wanted to add something to the post

He was just on Joe Rogan. I am very intrigued now. I am looking forward to the book. Thanks for sharing.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

The awakened harmony in the body/mind leads to sleep. In harmony there is no need for sleep. 

15 hours ago, John Lula said:

Sleep is probably my favorite thing to do. I loove it

Waste of time. ,,Rest is for the dead" ;)

@Metody watch the joe rogan podcast above and you will see how frankly stupid your response is.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

yikes...so me having all-nighters a few times a year leads to insulin resistance :O...probably should stop doing that

On 12/05/2018 at 6:05 PM, moon777light said:

yikes...so me having all-nighters a few times a year leads to insulin resistance :O...probably should stop doing that

I mean, cant you do what you do and still sleep? Its not that hard if you manage your time.

For me, 1 hour of focused study is more beneficial than 5 just half assing

As I said, the disharmony in the body and staying in the mind leads to sleep. 

Because the head has to fully get in harmony with the rest of the body. One sleeps to get in harmony or Awakens. 

I speak from a point of view outside the mind, the root. 

Edited by Quanty

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no?