Timotheus

A Zen Monk points to The Absolute / God

46 posts in this topic

Enjoy <3

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

@Timotheus What he is saying reminded me of something I was contemplating just the other day.

If an enlightened Zen master is walking in the forest and a tree falls, does it make a sound?:)

18 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Timotheus What he is saying reminded me of something I was contemplating just the other day.

If an enlightened Zen master is walking in the forest and a tree falls, does it make a sound?:)

Its like calling at the doorbell and nobody is at home. 

23 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Would you believe him if he said "yes"? ???

@cetus56 THANK YOU!

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

He hasn't become conscious of Absolute Infinity yet, otherwise all of these issues would be crystal clear.

This is God. But what's missing is the consciousness of what THIS is. THIS is Infinity. It's a level of consciousness that's so radical it cannot be understood by the mind at all.

God is not elsewhere. God is right here!

Atman = Brahman

Such a mindfuck, so ingenious.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura And he's not just pointing stuff out? I don't know

- A Course in Miracles

3 hours ago, Moreira said:

Its like calling at the doorbell and nobody is at home. 

Haha Exactly!

8 hours ago, Timotheus said:

@Leo Gura And he's not just pointing stuff out? I don't know

No, he is confused. He's pointing in the opposite direction.

@Outer All of those are facets of the Truth, but not the full-Monty. The full-Monty is God/Absolute Infinity itself.

There really isn't consciousness or solipsism. There is only Infinity. Not inside of infinity, but Infinity itself. Everything is Infinity.

This is a radical level of consciousness which is beyond what almost any human being has reached. You are not going to reach it without a superhuman effort, or 5-MeO-DMT. I would not trust most Zen monks to have reached this level of awakening. We are talking about inhuman levels of consciousness the likes of which cannot be imagined, understood, or spoken.

Absolute Infinity solves absolutely all questions. But you will not understand until you drown in it.

Sorry, I wish I could be more helpful, but there's just no way to communicate it.

Mu

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are not going to reach it without a superhuman effort, or 5-MeO-DMT. I would not trust most Zen monks to have reached this level of awakening. We are talking about inhuman levels of consciousness the likes of which cannot be imagined, understood, or spoken.

I have to mention that this guy committed his whole life, since he was 16 to Zen. Joined this monastery in his early twenties and became the abbot of the monastery in his late twenties. He's in his mid-fourties.

Insane

Edited by Timotheus

- A Course in Miracles

Being here and now is an aspect of infinity. As per Sedona Method Chart of Emotions, feeling special comes under pride. Pride is a higher emotion but still negative and potentially stuck.    

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Sorry, I wish I could be more helpful, but there's just no way to communicate it.

Mu

Maybe best to leave it to a poet at that point.

To see a world in a grain of sand

And a heaven in a wild flower,

Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,

and eternity in an hour.

infinity-tree1.png

God I just had another OH FUCK moment...

@Timotheus Lovely, though psychologically bound. Superposition, God, Infinity, whatever word, IS YOU. Not a day, not history, these are still psychological and other. For example, he is ‘applying’ in assessing “Brad” and Brad’s theory’s as if Brad is other, and as if theory could be right or wrong. As if ‘his’ presence where a human alive, as if the past led to it, mistaking the un-existence of now for a culmination of something to be realized or understood, or outside of. “Connecting this and other person’s this”, reminds me of verbiage like fragmentation, movement and whole, which reveal psychological understanding & separation of awareness without direct experience. If the direct experience where ‘present’, he would be laughing to hard to finish a lot of the sentences he is saying. An enlightened master could not walk in the ‘the woods’ nor ‘hear a tree fall’. That’s impossible. God is not something which connects one’s this and another’s this. He’s God.  “If you can’t even explain this, how can you explain that which goes beyond this?” - in Truth, how could he keep a straight face there? He seems aware of meaninglessness while unaware he attaches meaning to God. Of course, everything I just said here is a lie.

It also brings to mind, that he would be likely to see psychadelics as a substance which cause an experience, rather than the truth that psychadelics don’t exist, other than as a punchline to a joke with a very, very long set up. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Something struck a chord when he was saying about only he could create the now, the colours and sounds. I was able to "take a step back" from that if you know what I mean.

@Neo I believe I do know just what you mean and it’s freaking awesome. To piggy back that and expand a little... sometimes it’s appropriate to tell someone - hey, lighten up, nothing so serious here, this would all carry on just fine without you, no pressure to life. 

That’s not true though. (The carry on part)

Similar, maybe to rephrasing the tree in the woods question - if you asked the projector (movie projector device) if the tree on the screen falls would it make a sound, the projector would be like “ummmmm....huh?” 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Mu

I hear you say this sometimes. It would be great if it did get communicated to everyone, but it doesn't quite work that way most of the times to anyone. It could leave a person hanging and frustrated. Then, life is inviting us to do other stuff. After all, life is duality within non-duality. So, it's also non-duality. We learn to go with the flow (meditative state). And then it happens in an "ah-ha" moment. Since life is inviting us to do other work, it is meant to be lived to the fullest. We just can't keep wondering or force ourselves to see it, be it, and understand it all in one shot.

@Leo Gura  Don´t you understand that whatever beliefs in you formed by 5meo induced experiences of what you call "infinity/god" are within your experience, within your consciousness because YOU experienced them. Muho is exactly on point when he says "There is something beyond "this", which is god. You can not even express "this", how can you explain what goes beyond "this"?  When you say we are all one consciousness, interacting with each other, you not only make assumptions about all the other "this" in existing, you neglect that the connection between consciousness of many "this" can NOT BE WITHIN YOUR EXPERIENCE, so it must lay outside of consciousness. Concluding "all there is is one consciousness" is an invalid claim.

"But UDT you are so stupid you dont understand it, its like explaining maths to a squirrel" is not an argument, its you falling trap to your own beliefs.  Additionally it has to be said that while I am arguing your position, I do not aim to attack your ego.

Psychedlics alter the experience, the one (note I do not refer to the ego with this) who experiences stays constant. There is no looking behind that.

Edited by UDT

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

@Nahm Thank you, a lot of things to entertain there. What I thought was that maybe this was the best way to teach his followers. Maybe by achieving to stop the mind in believing that "this" is IT and instead of being/seeing it, and still being open, but nevertheless however it is, THIS is god's teaching anyway :D

- A Course in Miracles