Deutsche22

I can't talk to anyone about Truth/anything Leo shares with us

42 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, mohdanas said:

Example - Today, I showed my parents video of of yogi guru and his physical endurance and health at extreme age. And, as my parents are aging, they watched it with enthusiasm. And, this was it for today. 

Can you share that video? Can I find it in youtube?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

I usually drop subtle hints when giving advice or sharing wisdom. Plus being on this path long enough (at least in my experiences) changes you so much that those closest to you will notice and start to wonder. 

I remember when I first started getting into spirituality, I would share new concepts with those closest to me and become agitated when their responses were not what I deemed favorable. Insight has taught me that this was just another manifestation of my ego and me attempting to manipulate reality. Another problem I had was looking down on others for being "less conscious". It took a while for me to break from this trap and see it for what it was again. True spirituality is recognizing that everyone has the capability of becoming enlightened (given the right set of circumstances) and that we are exactly where we need to be in our individual paths. At a certain point your presense alone will stand out to others and if they are curious enough they'll ask questions. 

27 minutes ago, abundance said:

I usually drop subtle hints when giving advice or sharing wisdom. Plus being on this path long enough (at least in my experiences) changes you so much that those closest to you will notice and start to wonder. 

I remember when I first started getting into spirituality, I would share new concepts with those closest to me and become agitated when their responses were not what I deemed favorable. Insight has taught me that this was just another manifestation of my ego and me attempting to manipulate reality. Another problem I had was looking down on others for being "less conscious". It took a while for me to break from this trap and see it for what it was again. True spirituality is recognizing that everyone has the capability of becoming enlightened (given the right set of circumstances) and that we are exactly where we need to be in our individual paths. At a certain point your presense alone will stand out to others and if they are curious enough they'll ask questions. 

I really like this :).

@Deutsche22 I find that people that are afraid to look within/ develop personally, definitely do not want to talk about personal development/ actualizing.... and yeah, that kinda sucks....since that's the majority of people...lol... but, I've recently discovered a bit of a "work-around" .... just because they may not have an interest in actualization, doesn't mean that the conversation topics must be small and meaningless.... although most humans do not want anything shifted onto themselves or anything they may find "wrong" or "needing work" with themselves, they often still like to observe others....so: environment, world, society, culture, etc and there are some amazing topics to explore here.... for example, I have been discussing with men, the idea that they perceive it to be culturally unacceptable for males to show any emotion other than stoked or angry around fellow men unless someone has actually died or something.... if you do want to make the conversations more personal, people love to talk about the things they'd like to do while alive, etc (see the ted talk called something like "big talk").... wishing you more meaningful interactions :) 

11 hours ago, Viking said:

of course when you refer to people (even unspoken) as "unconscious", "trapped in mind patterns", "lost" they're going to be offended. It's that spiritual arrogance thats holding you back. look at how unconscious and trapped you are. 

the communication obstacle is not in the people, its in your words. how you choose to say what you want to convey is everything. i also had difficulties with that, but now i know better what to say and how.

100% agree

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

You're alone.  You've always been alone regardless of any delusions otherwise.  Solitude and Isolation is THE gift.

Edited by batfly

12 hours ago, Deutsche22 said:

Does anyone have the same experience?

I am unable to discuss anything that Leo shares with us with other people. They are completely unconscious and even offended when you attempt to talk about anything even remotely related to anything on Actualized.org.

Change your damn circle of friends. And/or the way you relate. It's possible. 

I may be mistaken and living in an extremely liberal area, but while I haven't heard like anything about meditation and spirituality until about 4 years ago, now I find it all around. It's a matter of being open. I've had conversations in my friend groups about body awareness, mindfulness, psychedelics, and even (cautiously) about enlightenment in the past few month.  

I mean, yeah, most people don't want to hear about self-actualization and spirituality. Especially if you're dogmatic and use Leo's language exactly. 

But if you're in a big, liberal city (and even if you're not), you can certainly  find self-actualizing people. I just takes some time and opening up. 

People who go to seminars. People who do yoga. People who've had mental-health issues and have taken therapy. People who are into polyamory. People who are into ecology/vegan (?). People who are creative, sci-fi writers, or artists. People are highly abstract thinkers,  interested in philosophy or realy theoretical science. 

In all these groups, you'll find like-minded souls sprinkled in, people who'll appreciate if you share some of Leo's best videos with them and who will point you to their resources, people you can talk to. You just don't notice them usually, they mask in the mundane. But if you find a group, any group, which is out of the mainstream in some way ... some of them, 1 out of 10 maybe, will be a person interested in these topics. You just have to find a way how to get to a personal level and thus recognize each other. 

Edited by Elisabeth

I sympathise. Even if I try to broach the sniff of a hint of non-duality with my friends or family or co-workers, they'll think I'm a lunatic. It is indeed very unnerving when you meet someone who will even contemplate it.

Thankfully, I had this experience in a pub in Eire with a life coach. I didn't know her too well, but the drinks were flowing and the music was playing. The long and short of it, was that she well understood what non-duality was getting at, she even suggested I try mushrooms. Which I look forward to some time.

My retort was that she had work to do on herself.  She was bitching about people she didn't get on with, so I suggested she herself 'take on' a behaviour she particularly disliked and tried that behaviour out for herself for a day. She was perplexed, until I said 'the behaviour is not "out there', it's inside you, come to terms with it.' Now there's life coaching in action! And probably some semblance of non-duality.

All stories and explanations are false.

I tried to explain it to my mom and she slapped me xdd

Edited by Raymondo

14 hours ago, Deutsche22 said:

Does anyone have the same experience?

I am unable to discuss anything that Leo shares with us with other people. They are completely unconscious and even offended when you attempt to talk about anything even remotely related to anything on Actualized.org.

Learning to interact with others may be a lifetime thing for me.

one thing I need to be careful of is the notion that I am “more evolved” or at a “higher” consciousness level than others

48 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

one thing I need to be careful of is the notion that I am “more evolved” or at a “higher” consciousness level than others

This is important?

This is a common self sustaining defense mechanism of thought. This habitual reaction to defend our self image will continue to move in various ways and attempt to remain undetected. 

But the more we observe with care the more difficulty the ego has in hiding its own deceptive patterns of thought. 

Oberving this in oursleves especially in relationship inevitably shows us the fact of what is actually happening. Watching that desire to change the fact to self sustain without interfering is essential. By not interfering thought starts to loose it’s continuity. 

This is the beginning of embodiment

Edited by Faceless

1 hour ago, Faceless said:

This is important?

This is a common self sustaining defense mechanism of thought. This habitual reaction to defend our self image will continue to move in various ways and attempt to remain undetected. 

But the more we observe with care the more difficulty the ego has in hiding its own deceptive patterns of thought. 

Oberving this in oursleves especially in relationship inevitably shows us the fact of what is actually happening. Watching that desire to change the fact to self sustain without interfering is essential. By not interfering thought starts to loose it’s continuity. 

This is the beginning of embodiment

Nice

:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

On 3/28/2018 at 5:08 PM, LastThursday said:

I sympathise. Even if I try to broach the sniff of a hint of non-duality with my friends or family or co-workers, they'll think I'm a lunatic. It is indeed very unnerving when you meet someone who will even contemplate it.

Thankfully, I had this experience in a pub in Eire with a life coach. I didn't know her too well, but the drinks were flowing and the music was playing. The long and short of it, was that she well understood what non-duality was getting at, she even suggested I try mushrooms. Which I look forward to some time.

My retort was that she had work to do on herself.  She was bitching about people she didn't get on with, so I suggested she herself 'take on' a behaviour she particularly disliked and tried that behaviour out for herself for a day. She was perplexed, until I said 'the behaviour is not "out there', it's inside you, come to terms with it.' Now there's life coaching in action! And probably some semblance of non-duality.

jungirritates.jpg

The only person I can talk about it freely in person is my mother. :D She is materialistic, but open-minded neverteless, I remember talking with her when I was a kid about possibility of aliens and magnitude of cosmos. Now we have a talk about non-duality from time to time, mainly because my parents see me meditating, watching Sadhguru/Leo, they know what books I read, they see I am cleaning my diet, etc.

On 28/03/2018 at 11:28 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

I don't even attempt to haha.  I reserve all my discussion for you all.  It's hard to explain non-duality cold to someone who doesn't have any experience with these ideas at all.  Yeah -- let's have a light conversation about the Absolute over lunch!   Maybe we'll talk about the fact that there are no objective moral truths over coffee!  Let's discuss both your immortality and the fact that you don't exist over drinks after work!

How do you do it with significant others? I caught myself recently trying to explain someone I date that she doesnt exist and was quite irritated at myself for trying. It is also this realization how far youve got with this work that you are so far away from separation and attachement. It becomes ahrd to function in society. (Leo may think about making a life purpose video after awakening).

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

I work on an abulanceboat 2 weeks on/off with two others. We have a very good relationship and whatch a lot of documentaries and conspiration theories. I have opened their interest for consiousness questions through documentaries on ayahuasca, DMT, quantum physics and so on to the point where we can have discussions about it without them calling bullshit. Really valuable to me

I'm struggling with this hardcore.  I tried talking about it with a sponsor once because non-duality and consciousness is my "higher power" in recovery, but it's also synonymous with God in my view, so from now on I'll just use God in place of that and I find i get less "what the fuck" looks from people.

I also have some hardcore militant atheists in my social circle.  I grew up a nerd in highschool, got beat up, played D&D and LARPs, magic the gathering, etc, so this circle was littered with intellectuals as well, so a lot of my friends are not open to these ideas unless they are strictly fantasy based.

I have a hard time making new friends as it is, and it makes me feel even more isolated to not be able to talk to anyone in real life.  I cannot find a teacher, guru, or any guidance.  Most of what I find in spirituality around here is Yoga, which totally misrepresents it as only a physical exercise with some spiritual flare tacked on.  

I can't talk to most Christians, who I can definitely relate to, but they are so dogmatic and focused on scripture and morality.  The other day I had to listen to a Christian openly bash Buddhism for being dispassionate and a method for suppressing emotions.

What I would give for a spiritual buddy, not to lean on eachother but at least share the path were walking on.

Grace

@Deutsche22 from my experience people are generally pretty open to Spiral Dynamics and Maslows hiearchy of needs. I have discussed this with family and friends. 

Or stuff like "How society fucks you in the ass" or "How to be a strategic morherfucker".

The other stuff maybe not so much. 

But then again why do you have this need for them to know? 

If you keep giving them unsolicited advice you are not much different from a Jehovah wittness going door to door. 

To show them "look how smart I am, and what I know that you don't". 

Mostly visiting Actualized.org is between me and me.