Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MsNobody

Thoughts on Joe Dispenza books

9 posts in this topic

I’m reading becoming supernatural and breaking the habit of being yourself, also doing his meditations, morning and night, seems to be very brainwashing haha I’ve never heard about him before but decided to chose one self help book (or writer) and go all the way in..

would like to know opinions about him and his books!

PS: I actually got the book recommendation from here if I’m not wrong.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

There are better books.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There are better books.

If you could recommend me one author 9_9 I have your book list

Joe dispenza focus on reprogramming the subconscious mind, I know he is a business guy but at least he has meditations, workshops and this stuff available, which makes it easier to apply in my daily life and to be consistent

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

Well, if it works for ya, keep doing it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 29.3.2018 at 1:29 AM, Leo Gura said:

Well, if it works for ya, keep doing it.

What would be better book Leo? 

Joe Dispenza is about intentionally rewriting a new reality. Why? Because it seems your reality now is not good enough.

There is nothing to reprogramm and no reality to modify.

Your mind will reprogramm itself by just observing and accepting thoughts and emotions.

Wanting to change something is a denial of what is there  - a denial of "now - being".

Go with Michael Singer or David Hawkins and learn how to let go and embrace reality as it is.

What's the difference between a duck?

Becoming Supernatural is literally a how-to guide of how to both reprogram your ego and transcend it for the science minded person. It talks about the why of our behaviors using brain chemistry and brainwaves and how to reprogram the ego using a combination of getting into the present moment combined with visualization. I find it incredibly useful, just like The Power of Now.  When I read about the author's enlightenment experience in his "Becoming Supernatural" book it reminded me of Leo's newer videos on the topic such as "An Advanced Explanation of God Realization" where he talks about multiple levels of enlightenment that can literally go to an infinite level. Just like Leo, the author said his enlightenment became so strong it was almost painful... he described it as "electric."

It's often said that you need to build up your lower needs on Maslov's hierarchy before trying to achieve enlightenment, which means basic ego needs and ego reprogramming. Though it's possible to achieve enlightenment through ego death during a "dark night of the soul" experience, it's often spontaneous and won't occur if you try to force it. If you'd rather not hit rock bottom, reprogramming the ego with positive habits, emotions, etc. is what this book covers. Meditation combined with creative visualization and mental rehearsal. It's necessary to free up all that energy that is used on "past, future" baggage in order to achieve that creative flow state where change is possible.

Activity plus repetition equals habit. A lot of people are stuck in their thought/emotional addictive loops, and this is the easiest way to break those and reprogram. I was going to make my own thread, but I searched for one I could bump.

Edited by sholomar

On 3/28/2018 at 4:32 PM, Leo Gura said:

There are better books.

Can we have examples?