Marks199

Summer is comeing and I dont know if I am ready for my job and ego

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone I am worried about my future because I don't know how to handle my ego and at the same time working in a job that demands a lot from me because I sleep 7 hours but I am awake 12 and at my job I will have to work from 8 to 12 hours but I don't know where should get the time for playing chess, visualizing, meditating and jogging that relaxes me in the fight against my own ego. I spend at least 3 hours doing these exercises for some. I have an example if I come home and I haven't meditated should I feel asleep and if something goes wrong while I sleep then to meditate. Because when I meditate and I am sleepy sometimes the ego gets inside me and hurts me so I don't know If I should keep on meditating because sleeping whit your ego hurts you. Please if someone has an advice thank you!

Have you ever watched these documentaries where people go to work in Alaska mining or fishing crabs? Thats a huge sacrifice. Think that every animal or human needed to accumulate resources in the proper season. Summertime is a great momentbecause there are lot of jobs. watch it as a sacrifice, in autumn youll enjoy your time. Dont be cranky about dont having time for you, your meditation, your hobbies. Just get involved in the process and dont overthink.

5 hours ago, Marks199 said:

sometimes the ego gets inside me and hurts me so I don't know If I should keep on meditating because sleeping whit your ego hurts you

I think you're confused. The ego is the thing being hurt - it's not that it sometimes gets inside you, it's that you ARE the ego!

Sacrificing short-term goals for the long-term goal is emotionally challenging. I'm not too sure what you mean by sleeping with your ego, but here's what you can do: sit down and write down your (1) obligations and (2) passions. By obligations I mean every habit that is necessary for you to live your lifestyle, and by passions I mean every habit that is necessary for you to live your purpose.

Then, prioritize your obligations, and prioritize your passions. The ones at the bottom are the ones you will sacrifice. If you are struggling to do this, consider your attachment. Contemplate why it is so emotionally difficult.

22 hours ago, jwkspeck said:

I think you're confused. The ego is the thing being hurt - it's not that it sometimes gets inside you, it's that you ARE the ego!

Yes I know but y by picking you can increase it by picking up dead time and that's the point where it starts to hurt you that's why I love to visualize for example last night I slept too little during the night but in the morning I slept like 4 hours but now its to late to visualize. Because I am very stuck in my life that's why I visualize. And now I learned to visualize properly not like before I am doing the visualization much more powerful the visualization(obligation) is connected to the passion but also meditation, therefore, I also need to do concentration and mindfulness.

Sounds like you could use a little bit of a daily routine.  That way you can fit all your needs into your day without feeling like you’re depriving yourself.  That will allow you to open up a space for your job where all you have to do is focus on that job during that time.  Make time for all your other needs by fashioning a morning and evening routine that includes them.  This will give your life balance.  Otherwise you’re gonna feel resentful at work thinking you’re depriving yourself of what you really want to be doing.

Edited by Joseph Maynor