Sirius

Can i get parasites from eating raw vegetables?

4 posts in this topic

I mostly eat cabbage, lettuce, peppers, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and spinach.

Is there an issue eating them raw?I always wash them before i put them in my mouth.

Think it may depend where you purchase them and how they are sourced and conditions grew etc (I'm not sure this is just my opinion)...

Highly Unlikely especially if they are local and fresh or better (organically grown) but i honestly think broccoli and cauliflower are much better digested when they are slightly steamed, makes them soft and much more palatable, possibly the carrot too but obviously more raw is better for us although using common sense sometimes is key.

Sometimes when i chew broccoli feels like im trying to chew through rubber but when slightly steamed the mouth and the food become one :)

If you want to kill parasites don't eat for 3-4 days, they will starve.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

I respectfully disagree for the following reasons i am aware of with the exception of some hardier vegetables.

Enzymes are completely destroyed via cooking. Enzymes are important for bio-availability/absorption of vitamins/minerals and cell communication within the body. Many vitamins are also degraded via cooking. Minerals are more hardy though.

I agree some hardy vegetables may be best with a little steaming to soften but most of them raw is always best.

This is why raw sprouts of any food that can sprout actually have more nutrition and vitamins/minerals available for us because the tap root has opened thus is read to be grown into a plant or tree.

There is a woman called Anette Larkins. She knew about this many years ago and started eating only raw living food in thier natural state how nature intended for us to consume foods. Only when we were introduced to food like meat and some hardy vegetables we needed to cook them to digest them better and in order for the foods to become more palatable but we are more designed for raw fruit-like food by nature.

If you look at how young she not just looks but her mental sharpness and her energy and vitality you will not believe she is 75. She has more LIFE in her than most of today's 40 year olds and she is one of the best examples that grows their own food rich in LIFE-force (as i would say) and high in vitamins and minerals that keeps her young and sharp.

2c

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E