JOEE

Social Media

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

wondering just how much we should allow social media in our lives. We can't just be  reclusive and hide in our caves either. People should know what we're up to and the things were accomplishing, or is that just ego pleasing? 

is having few followers a sign that your lacking in social activity? 

Edited by Joeecrackk
More concise

Social media isn't my thing. I am in a way forced to have accounts for work purposes and to maintain a certain number of "followers". I don't like the idea of people I don't really know, knowing something personal about me like - who are my friends, where I go out etc. I have a lot of acquaintances and friends, meeting people is easy for me. When it comes to social media - don't like it on one hand, it is useful on the other.

And yes, usually number of followers resembles your social activity. And for the other question you had - I do not know, all I know is that I don't find it comfortable and I limit it. =)

Thanks. I appreciate your input :)

Is it bad to be lacking in social activity? What if I'm an engineering student and spend most of my days and nights learning? I only really interact with people at school but I don't really go out that much.. 

Humans in general need (yes, it's a need) social contact. The fact that you are asking this question could mean one out of few things. You either want more friends/social contact or want a deeper connection as in girlfriend/boyfriend or you are doubtful "is it right" to invest your time and energy in your education at the slight expense of socializing with people.

The thing is that it's totally fine whatever you choose to do. Perhaps find more friends or continue doing what you already are (investing your energy in your education that will pay off big time later and sacrificing your social life a bit). Either way it's cool.

PS. You don't have to go out more to meet new people.