DMM710

Would mushrooms be a bad idea in my situation?

48 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2018 at 11:08 PM, Elephant said:

It does'nt matter what psychedelic you pick first, try the ones that you know are safe and take 20% under the "standard" trip and see how you react. The first time I tripped on shrooms I did 1.2 grams on an empty stomach, and I felt that was enough.

What would be the alternative to shrooms?

On 3/28/2018 at 7:15 AM, Elephant said:

Or I mean... it matters what psychedelic you use the first time. You should not use dmt, 5-meo or ayahuasca the first times, but I think you understand that ;)

I would do acid if I am unable to find mushrooms. But it’s a bitch to find either one of them.  Once  they come around my area I’ll definitely be doing one of the two. In the mean time I guess I’ll just focus on meditation/yoga and watching more videos/reading. That way when they do finally come around I’ll be mentally sharp. Hopefully I don’t bitch out by that point xD

lots lots of useful stuff in here, if I do ever find either one  I’ll be come back and check some of the pointers on here.

Edited by DMM710

23 hours ago, Epiphany_Inspired said:

15 years of the: Johns Hopkins Psilocybin Research Project  (MAPS project) shows that this medicine can actually can be used to treat anxiety.... that said, if you go into the experience with a lot of worry, that may lead to a concerning journey... if you can go in with pure positive intention/ or total acceptance of anything, then the research shows that you can actually re-wire your brain to be less anxious.... Leo advocates for doing this solo... but in your case, perhaps you may want to consider volunteering for their study and have help and guidance from a psychologist? or prepping yourself for positive transformation another way? I don't know and can't "advise" you either way, but it's cool to check out their research regardless:

http://psychedelicscience.org/conference/clinical/johns-hopkins-psilocybin-research-project-studies-of-mystical-experience-adverse-effects-meditation-in-healthy-volunteers-and-palliative-effects-in-cancer-patients-implications-for-spirituality-and-therapeutics

http://www.maps.org/news/media/260-lsd-psilocybin-for-anxiety

I’ll check this out. It might end up being one of the of the only ways to do them for me. Ideally I’d like to do them solo though. I don’t think I’d be worried going into it. I feel like I’m definitely ready. I’m hoping for good results, but if something bad happens then I’ll get through it 

On 3/24/2018 at 9:45 AM, DMM710 said:

I’ve had social anxiety since around high school. It was pretty bad up until about 2-3 years ago. It’s gotten gradually better, but I feel like I’ve stopped progressing much. It’s not like crippling to the point where I can’t leave my house. I’m a server at a restaurant, I can go in public places and stuff but very often I get stuck in my head and feel anxious as shit around people. I’ve been meditating 40-60 minutes per day for about 3 weeks, and spend almost all my free time watching Leo’s videos/other Enlightened people (ordered some books on amazon too, don’t wanna just watch videos) but yea, I’m fucking determined to get rid of the ego, and have peace. He thing is, I kinda have a history of smoking weed, like a lot. I was definitely addicted to smoking for years, every day.. multiple times a day.  Should I just continue to meditate, and start self inquiry or should I try some mushrooms to help speed up the process? Anyone with anxiety issues have any experiences with mushrooms?

First, that seems like a lot of weed to be smoking. I smoke 2 joints a day, the first one starting after dinner. I have set rules for myself to keep myself balanced.

Ask yourself - could I continue the routine I have done over the past month every month for the rest of my life and live a balanced, healthy life? If the answer is no, dont moralize, just be mindful and think about starting to taper down to a level that is balanced and healthy. Weed has been a huge positive in my life but balance is key.

There are other psychedelics that have that are very safe physically and have less chance of a bad trip. Ketamine has been used successfully to treat anxiety and depression and is well tolerated. These effects seem to last for quite awhile after the day of the trip. I have read studies that people that use it once a week have no negative effects whatsoever over controls. Because of the euphoria, people do abuse it daily so be very wary of that. Daily use can definitely cause physical (bladder inflammation) and psychological symptoms. 

Because of the euphoric effects, the trips tend to be very pleasant but can still be used shamanistically. Do some research on how to have a good trip before you do so. Accept the fact that you will not be able to think normally or move physically in the same way so complete surrender is the key. You are there to simply observe. Ketamine only lasts an hour. In the beginning, short trips are desirable. Smoking DMT only lasts 10 minutes and can be euphoric and incredibly rich spiritually.

I have found a trick to have a good trip is to put in headphones with some cool lights and visuals on a TV. The music is your tether back to reality and has a comforting effect but never detracted from the spiritual benefit, for me anyway.

Please do lots of research yourself on the specific psychedelic before trying anything.

Psychedelics have impacted my life for the better more than anything else I can think of. I am a completely different person because of them. They have been rocket fuel for my spiritual growth and there is no way I could have grown as fast as I did without them.

Edited by Matt8800

Lots of good posts in this thread.

OP, have you considered growing your own mushrooms? There are grow kits that are very easy to work with.....and it can be kinda fun watching your little buddies grow.

On 3/28/2018 at 5:41 PM, Epiphany_Inspired said:

15 years of the: Johns Hopkins Psilocybin Research Project  (MAPS project) shows that this medicine can actually can be used to treat anxiety.... that said, if you go into the experience with a lot of worry, that may lead to a concerning journey... if you can go in with pure positive intention/ or total acceptance of anything, then the research shows that you can actually re-wire your brain to be less anxious.... Leo advocates for doing this solo... but in your case, perhaps you may want to consider volunteering for their study and have help and guidance from a psychologist? or prepping yourself for positive transformation another way? I don't know and can't "advise" you either way, but it's cool to check out their research regardless:

http://psychedelicscience.org/conference/clinical/johns-hopkins-psilocybin-research-project-studies-of-mystical-experience-adverse-effects-meditation-in-healthy-volunteers-and-palliative-effects-in-cancer-patients-implications-for-spirituality-and-therapeutics

http://www.maps.org/news/media/260-lsd-psilocybin-for-anxiety

Yeah. That brain rewiring thing is literal. No joke. Wonderful. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, PsiloPutty said:

Lots of good posts in this thread.

OP, have you considered growing your own mushrooms? There are grow kits that are very easy to work with.....and it can be kinda fun watching your little buddies grow.

Yea I was actually looking into that yeaterday. I’m just afraid of doing it wrong somehow. Even if I’m as sure as I can possibly get, I would still have that lingering fear that I messed up and it might ruin my trip. It’s still a posibility though, we’ll see. 

4 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

First, that seems like a lot of weed to be smoking. I smoke 2 joints a day, the first one starting after dinner. I have set rules for myself to keep myself balanced.

Ask yourself - could I continue the routine I have done over the past month every month for the rest of my life and live a balanced, healthy life? If the answer is no, dont moralize, just be mindful and think about starting to taper down to a level that is balanced and healthy. Weed has been a huge positive in my life but balance is key.

There are other psychedelics that have that are very safe physically and have less chance of a bad trip. Ketamine has been used successfully to treat anxiety and depression and is well tolerated. These effects seem to last for quite awhile after the day of the trip. I have read studies that people that use it once a week have no negative effects whatsoever over controls. Because of the euphoria, people do abuse it daily so be very wary of that. Daily use can definitely cause physical (bladder inflammation) and psychological symptoms. 

Because of the euphoric effects, the trips tend to be very pleasant but can still be used shamanistically. Do some research on how to have a good trip before you do so. Accept the fact that you will not be able to think normally or move physically in the same way so complete surrender is the key. You are there to simply observe. Ketamine only lasts an hour. In the beginning, short trips are desirable. Smoking DMT only lasts 10 minutes and can be euphoric and incredibly rich spiritually.

I have found a trick to have a good trip is to put in headphones with some cool lights and visuals on a TV. The music is your tether back to reality and has a comforting effect but never detracted from the spiritual benefit, for me anyway.

Please do lots of research yourself on the specific psychedelic before trying anything.

Psychedelics have impacted my life for the better more than anything else I can think of. I am a completely different person because of them. They have been rocket fuel for my spiritual growth and there is no way I could have grown as fast as I did without them.

Oh I don’t smoke anymore. I did for 6+ years though. It was definitely terrible for me, I became very dependent on it. It’s been 2-3 years since I’ve smoked

deleted the attached rant. Leo’s video on the illusionary nature of thought is actually really interesting. I’m gonna do the 50 “flattening the image” thoughts a day and try adding a 20 minute mindfulness meditation where I only focus on my thoughts. After just writing 2 thoughts and flattening then I already feel a bit of relief.

Oh and what do you guys think about affirmations? Like I could repeat a couple phrases that logically make sense to me but my subconscious  still hasn’t adopted. Anyone have success with affirmations?

Edited by DMM710

No, if they grow, that means you did it correctly. Think of them like carrots or any other garden veggie. If you planted carrot seeds and eventually had carrots growing, would you wonder whether you did everything right? Nope, because the proof that you did it correctly is right before your eyes. There aren't any carrots if you fuck it up, just like there won't be any mushrooms if you mess up the process. :)  

4 hours ago, PsiloPutty said:

No, if they grow, that means you did it correctly. Think of them like carrots or any other garden veggie. If you planted carrot seeds and eventually had carrots growing, would you wonder whether you did everything right? Nope, because the proof that you did it correctly is right before your eyes. There aren't any carrots if you fuck it up, just like there won't be any mushrooms if you mess up the process. :)  

Yea but I’m this case if you pick the wrong mushroom, one that looks almost exactly like it you can die.. Makes me nervous.

It doesn’t seem thaaat bad now that I’m looking into it.  I’ve always really liked looking at mushrooms anyway. For a very brief period I actually considered being a mycologist.

Edited by DMM710