DMM710

Would mushrooms be a bad idea in my situation?

48 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Elephant said:

huh? It's just a blank post to me lol

3 hours ago, DMM710 said:

I actually wasn't familiar at all with real yoga, after I replied I looked at his video. A couple minutes In I was like "oh shit, I actually have no idea what this is about" so I tried deleting my comment. I was like yessss this sounds so promising, then I found out I would have to buy the book list + the book (which isn't cheap if it's the one I think it is) But I don't know for sure, and that's a pretty big investment for just wanting to check it out. I understand though, he's gotta make a living. I'm grateful for all the free content and stuff, it's been very helpful for me. But yea, i'm kinda broke right now. I just started meditating, maybe after a couple months and a mushroom trip I'll gain more momentum. But yea.. I'm trying to change strategy dude.  That's why I started meditating, that's why I'm considering mushrooms, that's why I went to that nutritionist, that's why I watch all these videos and stuff.. I'm looking for that strategy or combination of strategies that I can really put my focus into so I can see results. That's the problem, if there was like a step by step manual for over coming my problem I would put in as much time as it takes, I just can't figure out what things I should be putting my effort into. And she put me on a low arginine/modified vegan diet. Apparently this was that best diet for me based my blood type and a saliva swab she took. I lost 65 lbs since I started doing it, but I could definitely clean it up a bit.

Is’nt your social anxiety the problem? If so, you have to talk to people. What you do around, that makes you raise your consciousness have to be figured out by you.

Here you have some options:

Psychedelics

meditation

yoga 

cold showers

positive media

Quality food

Quality sleep

walking/running

Binaural beats

Traveling

Dancing

Edited by Elephant

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I've experienced insanity from which there seemed to be no return.

I've experienced not even remembering that I was born.

When all of reality collapses in around you, there's nothing left to anchor yourself with. You cannot reassure yourself, "It's okay, this is just a head trip, it will be over soon." because at that level, there is no reality to return to, and no head or trip.

I just wanted to see @Charlotte replied that she no longer was going to take a trip because she was scared lolololol

It's not necessarily a bad idea,

it's not just not going to solve your anxiety 

6 hours ago, Arman said:

It's not necessarily a bad idea,

it's not just not going to solve your anxiety 

It might, mushrooms have been used to treat anxiety and depression with a lot of success. It's not that I have to develop social skills, I'm a server at a restaurant, I speak in class all the time.. Like i'm actually comfortable with my personality when I'm not stuck in self doubt or negative thinking. It feels very random, one day i'm smooth as fuck and the next day I'm second guessing everything I say and do.

12 hours ago, Elephant said:

Is’nt your social anxiety the problem? If so, you have to talk to people. What you do around, that makes you raise your consciousness have to be figured out by you.

Here you have some options:

Psychedelics

meditation

yoga 

cold showers

positive media

Quality food

Quality sleep

walking/running

Binaural beats

Traveling

Dancing

Thank you, I'm starting yoga today and I'll be checking out some of the other stuff you have here after work. :)

4 hours ago, DMM710 said:

Thank you, I'm starting yoga today and I'll be checking out some of the other stuff you have here after work. :)

No problem, glad if I helped you!

My input if you want to experience Nirvana and the ONE. This is stronger than any psychedelics for the initiated/awakened ones.

Fermented/Raw Cacao seeds.

Haritaki supplement to increase aprox. 300% oxygen in the blood. 

CAUTION: 50+ cacao seeds are like LSD like experience.

Namaste, Mfks!

20 hours ago, Ether said:

I just wanted to see @Charlotte replied that she no longer was going to take a trip because she was scared lolololol

I'm not mature enough yet to consider taking psychedelics. After reading some the responses I've come to realise I'm not in a place where I will be able to surrender fully. I'll continue growing and hopefully one day I'll feel ready. 

On the plus side, I did kundalini yoga yesterday for almost 5 hours straight and I felt like I was tripping off my head completely sober. ? Its like the LSD of Yoga.

No, I don't think a mushrooms trip would necessarily be a bad idea for most people with anxiety. As someone else said in this thread, the "come up" will likely be the hardest part of the trip for you, as it happens with a quickness and it's often confusing. Think of a mushroom trip as being on a space shuttle mission. The blastoff is the most volatile, violent and most intense experience of the mission; once you're up in space, you can look around and take things in, since it's the main data-collecting time of the experience. You find out what you can up there and then you come back down and tell the rest of the ants what you saw and learned. Same with a mushroom trip.   

They've been helping us humans for thousands upon thousands of years. I'm guessing your anxiety isn't something they've never seen before, man. Your set and setting is almost more important than the dose you decide on (3g dried is a good starting spot for most), because you want to be as physically and mentally comfortable as you can before the trip. You'll have fear in you before you do it, but that shouldn't be thought of as a bad sign. I'm sure you'll be anxious too, but anyone who is serious about their psychedelics will have some of that beforehand. The hardest part is working up the nerve to just do it.   :)

@DMM710 Sure sounds like you’ve come a long way and done an amazing turn around from where you once were.  Congrats on that man. There is a deep falsity at play in being what you are, which by default extends to a misperception of what other people are, which results in anxiety. Relative to psychadelics, and your social intermittent anxiety, what immediately comes to mind if I told you that you are an eternal infinite being dreaming this human life, and you are using your infinite love /self to create the entire experience, for yourself? 

(I know you get this from all the practices and videos, but that is different than answering.)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

11 hours ago, Nahm said:

@DMM710 Sure sounds like you’ve come a long way and done an amazing turn around from where you once were.  Congrats on that man. There is a deep falsity at play in being what you are, which by default extends to a misperception of what other people are, which results in anxiety. Relative to psychadelics, and your social intermittent anxiety, what immediately comes to mind if I told you that you are an eternal infinite being dreaming this human life, and you are using your infinite love /self to create the entire experience, for yourself? 

(I know you get this from all the practices and videos, but that is different than answering.)

It’s like I Can see myself not being the mind or the body, but I can’t really see being infinite and eternal. Or being everything. I have this “phenomenal field” as Leo puts it, so like..  all I have is what’s right in front of me, how could I be everything? Idk I just can’t believe it or understand it. I know you can’t by just thinking about it. So then when I’m completely absent of thoughts, Why don’t I just embody what I am? Isn’t thinking what would cause that perspective change? And if I’m an infinite eternal being then why do I not control or know what happens, or what exists beyond what I’ve seen or what’s in front of me?

It’s hard to say.  Sometimes you just have to do it and find out.  Trial and error.  There is no right answer sometimes.   Probably best not to do it with or around other people.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 hours ago, DMM710 said:

It’s like I Can see myself not being the mind or the body, but I can’t really see being infinite and eternal. Or being everything. I have this “phenomenal field” as Leo puts it, so like..  all I have is what’s right in front of me, how could I be everything? Idk I just can’t believe it or understand it. I know you can’t by just thinking about it. So then when I’m completely absent of thoughts, Why don’t I just embody what I am? Isn’t thinking what would cause that perspective change? And if I’m an infinite eternal being then why do I not control or know what happens, or what exists beyond what I’ve seen or what’s in front of me?

It’s not believable or understandable. The obviousness makes it hard. You’re on the path though, that’s for sure.  You do already embody what you are, it’s the realization that is to come. In actuality, you’re far beyond controlling anything. The notion of control comes from the notion of there being something else to control. There is not something else. There is Being. @Elephant‘s list is solid, I’d focus on the first three. Thinking keeps the focus of duality, awareness is the way. 

In a way, it’s helpful to know that it’s a matter of pace, not a matter of if you could experience Being or not. As in, imo, someone could drink 5 gs of shroom tea, and it will rip their “reality” away, allowing for a direct experience. If the foundation was not solid, the insights and ultimate “seeing” might not be retained or integrated. If the person was not ready, it’s be a pretty bumpy ride, but I believe they’d “see”. So no rush, keep doing what you’re doing. It’s not about (imo) the seeing, it’s about the integration - it’s about being without the line between person and Being. Major moves can bring major ‘progress’; retreats, trips, multiple practices daily. 

“Nothing is hidden from you” comes to mind. The understanding of this phrase changes coinciding with realization. 

Nothing is hidden from you - It’s like a puzzle to be solved and all pieces needed are always around you.

Nothing is hidden from you - “Nothing”; is God / superposition (etc), and it is everything around you, thus it’s hidden like hay in a hay stack.

Nothing is hidden from you - You are all things, there is nothing else, so nothing is hidden.

Keep keep on man. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I've been stumbling onto some priceless posts here lately, and the post above is one of them. It's frustrating yet compelling to read it and to know that you are trying to convey something real that you know, and although I can see the rope you're offering, I just can't seem to grab ahold of it and hold onto it. I guess I'll just be happy for now in seeing the rope.   :)

Would mushrooms be the best one to go with for my first trip? And I’m on my phone in class right now. I’ll respond to those posts after :P

It does'nt matter what psychedelic you pick first, try the ones that you know are safe and take 20% under the "standard" trip and see how you react. The first time I tripped on shrooms I did 1.2 grams on an empty stomach, and I felt that was enough.

What would be the alternative to shrooms?

On 3/25/2018 at 6:02 AM, Viking said:

@LiakosN @SgtPepper i have the same thing more or less but i want to take lsd, is it also recommended you think?

2-cb is more gentle IMO less mentally jarring/Mindfuckery :P Its like a mix of MDMA with LSD. I find it perfect balance between the two.

@Quanty Have you actually tried that or just saying what you heard from that guru on youtube?

I can see the possibility but all that i ever noticed from high dose cacao is similar to very low dose of mdma or mescaline. I never really noticed much from haritaki. Have you tried it yourself?

Any sources on this combination?

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

I actually did a psychedelic to deal with social anxiety (along with other issues) and it was effective, but ultimately it's going to tell you what you already know: basically get your shit together and start becoming a whole person, stop neglecting yourself.  Social anxiety is the fear that you're inadequate in some way, and the only way to permanently deal with that is to embrace challenges life is throwing at you as opposed to hiding from them.

Or I mean... it matters what psychedelic you use the first time. You should not use dmt, 5-meo or ayahuasca the first times, but I think you understand that ;)

15 years of the: Johns Hopkins Psilocybin Research Project  (MAPS project) shows that this medicine can actually can be used to treat anxiety.... that said, if you go into the experience with a lot of worry, that may lead to a concerning journey... if you can go in with pure positive intention/ or total acceptance of anything, then the research shows that you can actually re-wire your brain to be less anxious.... Leo advocates for doing this solo... but in your case, perhaps you may want to consider volunteering for their study and have help and guidance from a psychologist? or prepping yourself for positive transformation another way? I don't know and can't "advise" you either way, but it's cool to check out their research regardless:

http://psychedelicscience.org/conference/clinical/johns-hopkins-psilocybin-research-project-studies-of-mystical-experience-adverse-effects-meditation-in-healthy-volunteers-and-palliative-effects-in-cancer-patients-implications-for-spirituality-and-therapeutics

http://www.maps.org/news/media/260-lsd-psilocybin-for-anxiety