Emne

Should we fear death?

19 posts in this topic

Is death something to be afraid of or not. I know many wise people are not afraid of it, but for me its fucking scary...

All your speculations about death are not death itself. You can never know what it feels like to die so long you have not died. 

How do you find out what death is? Become enlightened. 

@Emne Why are you afraid?

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

Being afraid of the unknown is normal.

Worked w Hospice/oncology patients for 5 years. Eye opening. I highly recommend volunteering.

Death is natural transition like birth....Death can be a welcome relief -a celebration -and time to make peace/amends. 

Keep learning and contemplating! 

@Emne

It's not, but just saying that doesn't help. You need to become conscious of that on your own.

You shouldn't ultimately, but you definetly will. It's not something you can control, ego will do it's job to keep you in place and not "die" even if that means you realizing you are naturally gay but you are scared old you (straight) will die and your self image will crumble and other people won't look you same way. All fears are ultimately fear of death (ego death - your old story or physical death). Keep learning and meditating/contemplating/self inquiry, you will gradualy realize your true nature. Me telling you this or leo or anyone won't release your fear of death but it can help as a guidance where to look and where/how to lead yourself to reach your higher self. peace :D

On 3/25/2018 at 3:28 AM, Emne said:

Is death something to be afraid of or not. I know many wise people are not afraid of it, but for me its fucking scary...

You wont see it coming and you will not feel anything because you literally will not remember a second later.

What is there to fear?

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Just as you cannot fear fear, you cannot fear death

You're fearing the anticipation of death, just like you can only fear the anticipation of fear.

On 3/24/2018 at 0:28 PM, Emne said:

The secret of death is that you are not alive. If you realize you are not alive, the duality is gone. 

Write two columns; belief and experience.

Put “alive” in one column. 

The illusion is this deep. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

"Let the dead bury the dead" (Luke 9:60)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

The way I see it is that life comes as a package, really. The experiences plays themselves out, and just be with it, accept that what comes up comes up. When you die, then that is part of the package. This one moment will still be there, though. What on one level could make it scary is that it's unknown, but so is everything in life, ultimately. This moment is all you have. But the content of this moment dies instantly. Nothing is permanent, except for the Now. We get born and reborn every day, week, year, and life.

“Should” is an idea of characters within The Game. “I should make more money, I should work out more, I shouldn’t fear death.” It’s the output of all the social conditioning of what is “good” or “bad”. 

There is the experience of fear in the moment. It appears and then disappears. All the intellectual hand wringing is added on.

In the moment, fear of death has no more relevance than fear of spiders or the desire to eat a sandwich.

On 25/03/2018 at 3:28 AM, Emne said:

Is death something to be afraid of or not

Depends on your idea of death, if you picture it to be the end of your life forever then yes, you will fear it

Some see it as a transition, and if fear is present it is of the unknown 

Others believe death is false, seeing the end of the body as an illusion, and believe there is nothing to fear but yourself

I’m sure there are more, but that begs the question, what do you believe death to be ? 

Edited by Keanu

well we ara afraid not of death but of unknown end 

I think what we fear is the space between finding out we are dying up to death — like if you got a terminal diagnosis for example.  This is because all your values must dissolve.  You can’t value life anymore because yours is coming to an end.  I think what we fear with death is the loss of our values.  When you’re dying you can’t value anything because you can’t take anything with you!  It makes your entire existence absurd.  Another way you can say it is — death isn’t scary, dying is.  It’s you knowing you’re dying and gonna be gone soon that’s scary.  Of course I’m speaking from the perspective of the Ego Paradigm here, which is the perspective on reality most people are coming from.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I'm afraid to remain in a dark and void space all the eternity

I think what we actually fear is not death of the physical body but more lives in a physical body, reincarnation. Failing a most difficult mission of freeing oneself from the prison of mind. Body out, failed level, reload, build player, go. At least that's what I fear. :)