CGeo

Breathing Techniques for overcoming anxiety and deepening the breath

17 posts in this topic

Does anyone use exercises to deepen the breath and make it less shallow? If so what one do you use?

Imagine your inflating a balloon in your stomach when you breath in. Worked for me ?

@CGeo My friend, the breath has saved my life.The breath and the mind are connected.

Breathe deep on your own.Practise it, slowly in the beggining.The lung will expand with time.

You will find out how to do it on your own.

Edited by Sirius

http://www.arfalpha.com/ScienceOfBreath/ScienceOfBreath.pdf

Here you go. This short book will teach you the Science of Breath - Pranayama.

It starts of with explaining a little bit of theory behind breathing, gives you instructions on how to breathe The Complete Breath (which is basicly the deep breathing you are asking about) and goes as far as teaching you how to master your breath for spiritual gains, if you want to go as far as that.

It is an amazing read. I highly recommend it!

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

@CGeo i find myself doing deep breathing with pursed lips when I'm feeling anxious... Really slows down the breath and keeps me kinda mindful when doing it. 

As for exercises I would lay down and take deep breaths until you feel your  lungs expand, and then hold it for an increasing amount of time. You'll notice that your heart will beat a little  faster sometimes when doing this, but that's a good thing because blood is getting pumped into your lungs

Edited by starsofclay

Check out elliott hulse's bioenergetics videos on youtube, he talks a lot about "breathing from your balls"

against anxiety I recommend Sitali Pranayam. It chills you down immediately. 3 minutes is enough.

@Pernani Thanks. I'll have a look at Elliot Hulse's videos on bioenergetics ??

13 hours ago, okulele said:

http://www.arfalpha.com/ScienceOfBreath/ScienceOfBreath.pdf

Here you go. This short book will teach you the Science of Breath - Pranayama.

It starts of with explaining a little bit of theory behind breathing, gives you instructions on how to breathe The Complete Breath (which is basicly the deep breathing you are asking about) and goes as far as teaching you how to master your breath for spiritual gains, if you want to go as far as that.

It is an amazing read. I highly recommend it!

Thanks a lot for finding and sharing this amazing book! I only started to practice some pranayama exercises and this book will help me a lot in correcting my breath and in moving  forward in the practice. :)

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks