Hello from Russia

Need some falling asleep technique

13 posts in this topic

So i've been having problems with falling asleep and insomnia in general for quite some time now and it really hinders my sleep schedule -> my perfomance in whatever i'm doing.  I exercise and eat a fairly good diet. The problem is even though I might feel tired and exhausted my body just won't go into "sleep state". I bet a lot of you guys have\had simillar problems with this. You are welcomed to share any tips\techniques regarding this topic.

Edited by Hello from Russia
misspell

I heard drinking warm raw milk right before bed can help with insomnia. Just make sure the milk comes from grass fed cows without antibiotics and hormones. 

Stay away from artificial blue-light at least 2 hours before sleep especially screens or install blue-light removing programs or buy blu-blocker glasses and wear them when the sun goes down to balance our your circadian rhythms so your body produces enough melatonin to help you fall asleep.

For optimal melatonin production we need sunlight/natural light during the day and darkness during the night. The darker the room the better. Also keep your phones and electronic devices turned completely off or on airplane mode so you are not being hit by EMF and other frequencies that can disturb your sleep patterns.

Keep food away from sleep 2 - 4 hours because you will not enter deep sleep unless the body has digested the food first. A spoon of raw honey sometimes actually aids in sleep, sometimes other light foods like bananas but its better just to tea it off.

Supplement with magnesium or better consume more magnesium foods which help our bodies relax.

Blue-light from most tv's computers and smartphones or tablets overstimulate our brains and nerves thus trick our brains into thinking its daytime due to the high-bright color spectrum. We need amber light or candle-like color to avoid disturbing this natural process which helps our bodies shut down and fall asleep much easier.

Herbal teas like Chamomile and Valerian can help too. You can always supplement with melatonin too but i wouldn't advise it long term just a 1 - 2 week thing to get your body back to balance.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

One method I use is to relax my body and focus on the feeling of gravity pulling me into the bed. I imagine that the entire gravitational pull of the earth is focused on pulling me towards it.

Try to cut all tea and coffee for one week, for the fairness of experiment drink only water instead. I was drinking tea and thought it doesn't contain much caffeine, but when I stopped drinking it I all of a sudden started falling asleep better, I've had really bad insomnia, couldn't fall asleep even if I don't sleep all night. Then I tried to start drinking tea again and had an instant insomnia right at the day that I drank it. I did this experiment two times and both times insomnia was back.

Also I noticed that I get sleepy when I do this self-acceptance practice. Especially if I am able to make myself cry and feel emotional.

@Hello from Russia When you lay down to sleep, within a few minute of not moving your body, your brain is gonna make something somewhere itch (checking to see if you’re body is awake or not) - don’t scratch it. You’ll be asleep within 10 minutes. Do this every night, and you won’t need to anymore. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

If you're an overthinker an worrier like me, do your meditation, or a guided relaxation, right before sleep. Anything that relaxes you and/or helps stop the habitual thinking patterns. The body will get soft and the mind will not interfere, than you can sleep much faster. 

Do the Wim Hof Breathing Method, it takes only a few minutes and then right after it I go sleep quite fast

Remember, you breath in fully then let it go, don't put force to air go out, just let it go, repeat it 30x, on the last one let it go and then hold until you need more oxygen, breath in hold until you feel the need to exhale and now your good to go

Edited by Phill

When you are in bed, get into a position and DON'T MOVE. (Plus watch and apply the Sadhguru's tips from the video two posts above)

Include a root based vegetables in your diet. Ground yourself, start by walking barefoot in a park, woods or seashore.