key

Why does Leo put me to sleep?

4 posts in this topic

Now I don’t know what you were imagining when you read that title, but I’m seriously wondering if there is some deeper meaning behind this 

I first started watching Leo’s videos over 2 years ago, and for the first year I was attentive, awake, enraptured even by what he was saying, but for the past year, to this very day, every single time I click on a video, the quote pops up, I read, his face appears, I minimize, the volume goes up, I listen, think, visualise, then somewhere around the 10/20 minute mark the body slowly relaxes, my mind starts to loosen and all of a sudden I’m asleep, some time later I wake up, the videos finished, and I’m rolling my eyes at myself for yet again, falling asleep, thanks to Leo

So naturally I’m wondering why, currently I have no idea, except maybe his naturally soothing voice 

Edited by key

19 minutes ago, Jamie Universe said:

Do you find his videos interesting?

Yes absolutely, I should have clarified I’m not bored by the content, I agree with most of it and I think it’s very informative, with theory that I’ve put into practice , I wouldn’t be where I am today without stumbling onto actualized.org, it’s just lately I seem to drift when listening 

@key How about exciting? Or engaged?

My best guess is maybe you've become naturally unfocused/concentrated, I don't know where the source is, but concentration meditation might help if it becomes a problem. Maybe a cause might be do-nothing meditation, when you let your mind drift without controlling it, but nothing for sure.

Also I'm jealous because I go to bed typically way to excited and it takes me hours of laying around to get to sleep. Also I think I heard somewhere that trying not to fall asleep makes you fall asleep faster.