How to be wise

Did the past really happen?

63 posts in this topic

@How to be wise

Roses are red, the past happened in the past, the future will happen in the future, now is happening right now.

If that didn't help, maybe it's because you're asking the wrong question.

Contemplate time and you'll find the answer. Or simply use a time machine ?

Edited by Truth Addict

@Nahm if the present does not exist then what are you and I experiencing?

@Truth now is what I’m experiencing all the time. ‘2 seconds ago’ is just an image in my mind. 

@Truth Addict ‘the past happened in the past’, is that true? 

Edited by How to be wise

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

@Truth now is what I’m experiencing all the time. ‘2 seconds ago’ is just an image in my mind. 

Yep, you've got it, you've realized past is just a tool for your survival and ego, and it's your 

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

@Nahm are you saying that what I’m seeing right now is not true.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise I don’t know what you’re seeing right now, but odds are, no, it’s not. In the sense, it appears as regular earth stuff, but is _________ (whatever word you’d like; God, superposition, nothing, etc) There is only a Being. That’s it. Also, really depends on what you’re meaning by ‘true’.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, How to be wise said:

It is true, just like the dream you had last night.

?

@Nahm honestly I don’t understand when people say ‘there is only being’. What is being? And don’t expect me to understand ‘god, superposition, nothingness.’ 

Please talk from your own direct experience using only your words. 

@Truth Addict but did it really happen? I’m starting to doubt it did.

@Outer I wonder if a pen exists when you’re not looking at it.

@Outer I don’t really understand that ‘consciousness’ talk. I only talk from my direct experience. 

By the way, by ‘exist’, I mean literally, metaphysically, does the pen exist when you’re not looking at it. If not, then why? 

Talk from your direct experience using your own words.

Edited by How to be wise

@How to be wise Being Is.  Being just doesn’t fit in thought/brain/thinking, though it’s within/behind these things.  Being is awareness.   Being is aware of awareness. Then there’s what Being is aware of; thoughts, things, people, ego, etc (experiences, appearance) All of it in actuality is Being experiencing Being.    I hear you, as in, where you’re at. Practices, healthy eating, love, psychadelics, reading, theory, letting go,  - the vehicles vary but don’t change. Unconditional love for everything is a direct route. 

The trouble realizing, is, it’s unbelievable, unimaginable, unthinkable. For an ant to realize the goings on of your day, the ant would first need to realize it’s not an ant (consciousness work) to be able to access greater consciousness, so the actuality of you and your brain and your day can fit.

Being is indescribable, so it’s experiential. 

Being, and aware all is being, while dreaming, is as sweet as I’ve known....so far. 

@How to be wise

Hold a pen in your hand, look at it, feel it, tap it against the table, if you believe the present moment is all that exists then you’ll say yes, the pen is real because I directly experience it 

now drop the pen, walk away, and look at a wall, search your direct experience for the pen, do you see it? Feel it? Can you remember the sound it made when it tapped? Contemplate on where the pen now exists, good ..

Now focus on the wall, walk up to it, feel it, knock it with your knuckles, look in your direct experience at what you believe is the wall

Now turn back around and pick up the pen again, ask yourself if it’s the same pen that you experienced before, does it have the same feel, does it look the same, sound the same? 

Now ask yourself what is the difference from the pen you experienced before you focused on the wall to the pen you now experience? 

Edited by Keanu

@Keanu but did the pen exist when you were not looking at it.

As far as I understand it, yesterday doesn't exist outside in reality, but when you come to realise this fully, you'll no longer be fascinated by it because you'll just be frozen in time, and this is what they mean by "BEING".

@How to be wise Can you prove that the past existed?

If so, the proof always exists in the present.

This means that the past is always a concept, and can never be a tangible thing.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

The pen does not exist while you are looking at it. 

@Nahm but I can see it. The proof is the visual aspect of the pen. 

@How to be wise You could see a pen in a dream. Is it a pen?

What if you slept 
And what if 
In your sleep 
You dreamed 
And what if 
In your dream 
You went to heaven 
And there plucked a strange and beautiful flower 
And what if 
When you awoke 
You had that flower in you hand 
Ah, what then

6 hours ago, How to be wise said:

It depends on what you believe

@Keanu your belief doesn’t change reality

@Nahm in the dream, the visual aspects of the pen that I see is true. It’s not physical in nature, because I can’t touch it. Btw, the pen is only ‘true’ in the moment that I’m seeing it, i.e. in the dream. When I wake up, it’s only a thought. So only the thought exists.

When I’m looking at a pen, in the moment I’m seeing it, it’s definitely true because I can see it. Is your experience different?