Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

1,958 posts in this topic

Hi,  could one guide me into spontanoues movements or give more clarity? I if completly let go my body starts to whirl and spin like a tornardo and it is so difficult to let express the movement becuase it is too strong to handle. If i sit my breath starts doing pranayama breath of fire. If i stand the body starts to shake violently. 

I would appreciate someone that has gone through this. Thank you 

can someone reply with the name of the book everyone is talking about? i'm new here. thank you

@catcat69123 The books have been mentioned many times in the thread, get the time to read it atleast.
Or think about buying Leo's book it

4 hours ago, catcat69123 said:

can someone reply with the name of the book everyone is talking about? i'm new here. thank you

Here you go

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”

Hi all Kriya Yogi's! I'm interested in learning Sadhguru's Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya from inner engineering completion online. Can I use this technique within a normal stack of techniques (Mahamudra,Kriya Pranayama, Yoni Mudra Etc).

If anyone has tried this, would you do it nearer the start or the end? And what were your results like? 

Any insight much appreciated!

Rowan

@-Rowan I feel that this question is very specific. I imagine it not getting a proper response here on the forum. Perhaps if no other here comments on that, you can ask on facebook or kriya and sadghuru forums (if there are these forums out there). Perhaps in real life inform yourself in practice institutions and  practive groups related to that.

Good luck. God bless.

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”

@Loving Radiance Thanks for the reply. Is it really? Surely it's another technique that can go in a stack. If it's crown Ajna or Sahasrara chakra focused, I guess it would go at the end. Perhaps I'll have to experiment with it.

Do you guys do khechari mudra? The book I'm reading suggests doing it for the first kriya, but it feels somewhat iffy and yucky to me. 

16 hours ago, sleep said:

Do you guys do khechari mudra? The book I'm reading suggests doing it for the first kriya, but it feels somewhat iffy and yucky to me. 

I do. It seems important. Kechari Mudra is also said to be important by JC Stevens and I'm sure other Guru's would agree. 

Edited by Koeke

On 9/3/2021 at 8:34 AM, Koeke said:

I do. It seems important. Kechari Mudra is also said to be important by JC Stevens and I'm sure other Guru's would agree. 

@Koeke I see. I guess I'll do it then. 

On the topic of khechari mudra, aren't there any physical dangers to stretching the frenulum below your tongue like that? I imagine it's there for a reason, and it seems to me like stretching it like it's needed in khechari mudra might defeat its purpose.

@sleep ketchari mudra gives a slight natural high. I can do it partially. I don't know of any dangers to it. I don't think the frenelum serves any big function. Maybe it just make the tongue more intuitive and user friendly. I could also imagine it's to make toddlers not choke on their tongues.

You don't have to do it tho, it's up to you.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

@martins name thats pretty cool, hopefully i can get something like that from it too

I've been practicing talabya kriya and stretching my tongue to get khechari, but my gag reflex keeps getting in the way. Anyone have any tips to deal with it? 

38 minutes ago, sleep said:

my gag reflex keeps getting in the way. Anyone have any tips to deal with it?

Try out desensitization:

You can reduce or eliminate your gag reflex by gradually getting your soft palate accustomed to being touched. One technique is to use a toothbrush on your tongue:

1. Using a soft toothbrush to brush your tongue until you reach the area that makes you feel like you might gag. If you gag, you have brushed too far.
  2. For about 15 seconds, brush that area.
  3. Repeat the process once a day until you no longer feel the urge to gag begin. That area has been desensitized.
  4. Then move the brush slightly further back ¼ to ½ inch and repeat the process, moving the brush further and further back until you come to your tongue’s farthest visual point.

Desensitization, which usually takes about a month, is a longer-term solution that’s helpful for people with gagging issues. It can help you become accustomed to gagging triggers such as new dentures that extend into the palate, medical throat swabbing, dentistry, or oral sex.

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-get-rid-of-gag-reflex#desensitizing

I do a practice called Shambhavi Mahamudra Krya. It helps me to be at easy in any situation nothing spiritual so far though. It also made me very sensitive to food clothes ppl everything. Trees look nicer and feels good to breath. The moment I stop the practice and start eating junk food though all benefits fade away. It's needs constant practice, it's fairly simple. Another one called Isha Krya it's very powerful. I also shake like crazy sometimes when I do too much meditation. So Kryas might be dangerous if misused.

Do you guys visualize stuff like energy going up and down the spine or chakras? I try to feel the third eye chakra, for example, but I can't really feel anything, like a blank spot or something. I'm not sure if this is something that will get better with practice, or if I'm misunderstanding something of the practice. 

Edited by sleep