Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

@itachi uchiha I've read SantataGamana, Stevens, Ennio and Sri Mukherjee on Kriya yoga. Also Tara Springett and Judith Anodea on chakras. But I think everyone has to figure out the subtleties of energy work for themselves. Like there are a million ways to pull energy up the spine on a subtle level. There is no way to completely communicate it. So in a sense, everyone has to reinvent the wheel a bit. I think I've taken my understanding of chakras and energy work further than most people tho and that's part of my LP, to develop healing technologies.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

Kriya Yoga (Progress & Spiritual Experiences):

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

14 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

@Muhammad Jawad It is not possible for me to understand you because you speak a mix of English and Urdu (?) in the video. That also goes for the one you posted in the shamanic breathing mega thread.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I posted them for the Urdu Audience. But I am preparing the same videos in English as well and will share them as well. Thanks

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

Hi guys i wanna ask something

about kriya supreme fire ,

In gamana s book he said before do this inhale up to 75% and lock abdomen but with that much air in body i cant do even little abdomen lock so i just doing it without any air in body but after doing like this i feel energetic also feels dry in my body i just wanna know am i doing right or not 

Edited by ganu

Is this megathread still active?

What I'm wondering is: for the J.C. Stephens book, are you supposed to discard practices which you feel are not working? Are you allowed to invent minor edits to the suggested routines?

For example, I'm currently at the Om Japa lesson, and the Talabya Kriya part of the routine has proven difficult for me. I can't get the suction effect with my tongue consistently and therefore the frenulum does not stretch as much as I want. 

So I thought I could do the tongue-stretching first, along with some other exercises presented in this video: https://youtu.be/MC-Cn9H6CQE (a few other stretches to help reach Kechari Mudra). The problem is that this would change the order of the suggested routine, but I feel it would be beneficial as I would get the most frustrating part of my routine out the way rather than slapped into the middle.

Another question I had was: what if I just skipped out on the tongue stretching in the first place? Is Kechari Mudra actually worth all the hassle? Based on the stuff I've seen, it seems quite powerful though, so I think the answer to my own question here would be no, don't skip out on Kechari Mudra.

On 12/20/2021 at 10:35 PM, thenondualtankie said:

Another question I had was: what if I just skipped out on the tongue stretching in the first place? Is Kechari Mudra actually worth all the hassle? Based on the stuff I've seen, it seems quite powerful though, so I think the answer to my own question here would be no, don't skip out on Kechari Mudra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z3P-rWxcbc from 3:24 onwards. I have not achieved khechari mudra, only on weed a few times. It seemed quite powerful, but maybe that was just the initial excitement of achieving it. You don't have to do talabya kriya during practice time. Don't worry too much. A lot of kriya is about relaxation, developing a certain poise.

Is kriya yoga worthwhile without Uddiyana Bandha (abdominal lock)? 

I have been doing kriya yoga after the book: The Secret Power Of Kriya Yoga for a while and I like it more than meditation and self inquiry. The problem is that my lungs are sensitive to pressure so it will be unsustainable in the long run. 

Is there other Kriya routines, or similar techniques that don't put strain on the lungs that still is effective? 

With Supreme Fire, do I pull the energy up my spine AS I am inhaling? Or do I inhale, and then after focus on pulling the energy up my spine?

Also, if I am holding the energy at the naval area, or 4 fingers below, I don't need to pull the energy right up to the heart chakra, correct?

@Craigxt22 

When I did kriya I interpret it as you you pull up the breath with the inhale. 

About your second question I'm not sure about that either. check out the authors website https://realyoga.info/posts/ or YouTube for answers. 

52 minutes ago, TheNovice said:

@Craigxt22 

When I did kriya I interpret it as you you pull up the breath with the inhale. 

About your second question I'm not sure about that either. check out the authors website https://realyoga.info/posts/ or YouTube for answers. 

Cool, thanks, that website is helpful.

Also, can supreme fire be done sat down in a regular chair/ sofa? I have flexibility issues and find sitting on the floor uncomfortable. I am guessing as long as my back is straight, it should be fine?

@Craigxt22

I never got to doing supreme fire before my lungs started hurting from abdominal lock, but sitting normally should be fine.

Edited by TheNovice

Guys any good short video explain how the actual technique works ? i tried to look throw the thread i wanted a video about just that thanks
(am learning from a book but its not a quite enough i wanna be sure that am doing things right)

Does Kriya yoga actually work? I feel so skeptical probably because I did Kundalini yoga for months and couldn’t tell if it did anything

@sausagehead Depends on how it's done. Maybe you should start with some more fundamental energy practices. Try Tara Springetts techniques described in 'Enlightenment Through the Path of Kundalini'. I find that kriya yoga is very unfriendly to beginners, you need a fundamental understanding of chakras to start practicing. Personally, I get wonderful results. I feel blissful, grounded, joyful, loving and present after doing my set. I practice SantataGamanas kriya. The most important lesson to learn about energy practice is that feeling good is north. That's how you measure if you are doing a technique well. The whole point of energy work is to open the chakras and feel their blissful qualities, being:

root chakra: comfort and grounding
sacral chakra: pleasure and connection
navel chakra: joy and power
hearth chakra: love and healing
throat chakra: purification 
third eye chakra: beauty, ego dissolution
crown chakra: cosmic identity

Try this very basic technique to understand energy practice fundamentals:

Manipura, the Navel Chakra

Add new elements when you feel ready. The technique is structured pedagogically. 

1. Sit up straight. Assume a gentle smile.
  2. Feel your body as hollow and filled with energy. Represent energy with a light glowing in all the rainbows colors. Feel it and imagine it, don’t think it. It feels tingly and pleasant.
  3. Breath deeply and slowly. Hold the outbreath for a couple of seconds. 
  4. On the outbreath imagine a beautiful sun in your stomach, football sized at the level of your belly button, radiating joyus, warm and powerful light. Feel it as a wave expanding throughout your body. Then feel it radiate from your body into the world, filling it with joy and warmth. 
  5. As you’re holding the outbreath, feel a sense of completion and satisfaction. Like you have accomplished everything you wanted and are completely fullfilled and serene. Like god resting on the seventh day after having creathing the universe.
  6. On the inbreath feel that you’re breathing in love through your nostrils going through your body down into your gut. Feel the love infusing the sun and stocking its flames life you are blowing into a fire.
  7. Now, on the outbreath combind the power of the sun with love to create a nurishment. Feel the sun nurishing and empowering you and the rest of the world.
  8. Imagine other beings being nurished by your rays. First people in your vesinity, then block, then city, country, the whole earth, and at last feel your rays radiating into space. Nurishing beings on distant planets as they look up into the night sky to be mezmorised by a new star. They smile back.
  9. You can experiment with placing the sun in the middle of your head and radiating joy from there. This simultaneously opens the ajna(third eye) chakra, dissolving your ego.
Edited by martins name

The road to God is paved with bliss.

@martins name @BuddhaTree

A couple of questions to everyone, especially for you two since you seem like experts. 

I have been meditating daily for a year, and now I am switching to kriya yoga. 

My routine right now is currently:

1. Mahamudra x3
  2. Kriya pranayama x32
  3. yoni mudra x1
  4. pravastha state for 5 minutes 

I am doing all of them from gamana's "kriya yoga exposed", currently a week in. 

so my questions:

1. I do feel the effects of pranayama and yoni mudra, but i don't feel anything from mahamudra, am i supposed to feel something from it? 
  2. i browsed the r/kriyayoga subreddit, and everyone seemed to agree that gamana is bullshit, why? is it because he doesn't speak ideologically? 
  3. is kriya pranayama where you focus on the third eye as legit as spinal breathing pranayama? 
  4. currently i just feel calmer after my routine, i used to get a lot of great results from meditation, not just calmness, I am giving kriya yoga 3 months to decide if I will continue with it, how long did it take you to get results? 
  5. I can't visualize prana going up and down the spine, help lol.
  6. finally, do I have to upgrade my routine? I have school and stuff and this takes a long time already. 

Do you guys have a specific diet when doing Kriya? Obviously eating junk food would affect the practice results, but what about meat?

In J.C Stevens book of Kriya, there is a lesson titled “ KP3 “ Kriya Pranayama 3

in the instructions of KP3 it says for us to chant on each chakra from 1-5 like KP2 ( Kriya Pranayama 2 ) 

In KP2 when we chant on each chakra from 1-7 we also have to chant with a specific sound. 
Chakra 1 - buzzing bees 

Chakra 2 - The flute 

Chakra 3 - The harps 

and so on.

for KP3 do we have to have to associate each chakra with a sound like Kriya Pranayama 2?